What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've only run pure coco or soil, I don't have any advice for rockwool in soil sorry :D Doesn't really sound any different than starting them in a peat plug though.

coooper

I would avoid clear cups in the future. Dont want light getting to any roots. Side note, on this run im on now, i germinated in rockwool like i did last run but this time instead of going straight into 1 gal fabric pots i tried out the solo cup method then transplanted to 1 gal pots. Not a fan, think ill stick to rockwool cube --> 1 gal. Too easy to over water without the drainage and ability of air to get through the pot with a cup vs a fabirc pot. :p

unnamedmike

I'm trying to heed your warning on the over watering. I was beginning to worry when the tall seedling fell over. The seedlings are in rockwool cubes in the dirt. I've never had an Issue over watering rockwool. My DWC top feed system runs four times a day for 15 minutes and the rockwool stays dry enough that I've never lost a plant to that particular issue. I've also been trying to flush the soil as I mistakenly purchased soil that is hot. :bashhead:

Hi fixer:tiphat:
I like to add h2o2 when I germinate or when I root cuttings. When they are strong I stop using h2o2 and start with mycorrhizae, ACT and other protective life. I live surrounded by rainforest. Since im using h2o2 I can germinate 90%, before that it was a PITA rooting or popping up any seed.

Fixer

I've only run pure coco or soil, I don't have any advice for rockwool in soil sorry :D Doesn't really sound any different than starting them in a peat plug though.

I like the rockwool it's kind of like a a rapid rooter or plug. It's the only thing I've used but it's worked 90%+.

I would avoid clear cups in the future. Dont want light getting to any roots. Side note, on this run im on now, i germinated in rockwool like i did last run but this time instead of going straight into 1 gal fabric pots i tried out the solo cup method then transplanted to 1 gal pots. Not a fan, think ill stick to rockwool cube --> 1 gal. Too easy to over water without the drainage and ability of air to get through the pot with a cup vs a fabirc pot. :p

Funny you say that! I just put them into 1gal pots. I think your right. I couldn't decide if I wanted to plant in coco or soil. Next time I'm going to plant clones strait into 1 gal coco pots. Then into 5 gal sacks.

Hi fixer
tiphat.gif

I like to add h2o2 when I germinate or when I root cuttings. When they are strong I stop using h2o2 and start with mycorrhizae, ACT and other protective life. I live surrounded by rainforest. Since im using h2o2 I can germinate 90%, before that it was a PITA rooting or popping up any seed.

I've used ClearRes/ResClear? Which is no longer available. I'm going with Mycos/Azos with the clones. I've used h2o2 for root slime. What ratio of h2o2 to water do you use to germinate?

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 15

unnamedmike

I've used ClearRes/ResClear? Which is no longer available. I'm going with Mycos/Azos with the clones. I've used h2o2 for root slime. What ratio of h2o2 to water do you use to germinate?

rez clean recipe:
5 grams of pure Pool shock (45% calcium hyd) to 1 gallon of water = SOLUTION MIX.....then to use it
1-5ml per gallon of the SOLUTION MIX to your res according to your requirements.

i go 5ml/L of h2o2 normally. If they are seeds from other guys or from outside, i first soak them in 50/50 h2o2/h2o for 2 or 3 hours.
Pool shock is more economical and lasts longer between doses than h2o2, I don't use it because I only find 45kg barrels here.

Fixer

Thanks unnamedmike, I'm going to need to mix my own once I run out of my last liter of ClearRes.

The new seedlings in coco are doing well in spite of me. I plopped them into coco but forgot the perlite. I'll add it when I re-pot them.

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14

coooper

The more pics you post, the more they look exactly like mine :D . good stuff, those seedlings are looking very healthy. Shouldnt be long before a transplant at that rate!

Fixer

The more pics you post, the more they look exactly like mine :D . good stuff, those seedlings are looking very healthy. Shouldnt be long before a transplant at that rate!

I was just over at your thread and it looks like we're on the same timeline. I'm probably going to transplant to 5 gal cloth pots next week as I forgot to add perlite to my coco in the one gallon pots. :bashhead:

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2710.jpg
    IMG_2710.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 15

coooper

Lol you forgot to add it, and I added too much! I’ll be moving to 5 gal in the next week or so as well. The initial super cropping will only be good for so long without being tied down and I didn’t want to tie anything up until the final pot. Incase I missed it, what strains are you growing?

BuzzBob56

Don't mind me, a Hydro type, lurking on the sidelines, eat all your munchies, and taking in the show. :lurk:

Look'n good, there Fixer!

Fixer

I was away for a few days. Doesn't look like the plants missed me.

coooper, we'll get it right sooner of later.

BuzzBob, I'm a hydro type too. This is my first coco run. Stay tuned and enjoy the refreshments!

Attachments

• IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 17

Fixer

So I think I've been over watering. There is some leaf curl that leads me to this conclusion. The plants have been watered every other day. There is also a hole in one of the first leaves. Could be a bug but there's only one hole. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMG 1386
    IMG 1386
    101.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 15

Fixer

Plugging along. I blocked the LED light from my hydro project next to the photo period plants. The leaves nearest to the LEDs have an odd puckered look. I'm wondering if the LEDs are causing the strange texture.

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13

coooper

I’m on my phone so it’s hard to see the pictures clearly. But as to the cupping on the first picture, that’s generally heat stress, overwatering will have leaves drooping down. And to the hole in the leaf, you might’ve hit the leaf the wrong way and broke a hole into it as I’ve done a couple times will watering. Just a possibility.

Fixer

I’m on my phone so it’s hard to see the pictures clearly. But as to the cupping on the first picture, that’s generally heat stress, overwatering will have leaves drooping down. And to the hole in the leaf, you might’ve hit the leaf the wrong way and broke a hole into it as I’ve done a couple times will watering. Just a possibility.

It's been 70F in the room up until yesterday when I turned on another light to bring the temp up to 75F. If it's over watering I'll know soon enough as I'm going to let the coco dry down further before I feed them again. Thanks:tiphat:

Fixer

So I settled on two 30 gallon lab pack/open head plastic drums for RO water and feed storage. I'm using a Kerick float valve with a 1/4" push to connect fitting to receive the 1/4" supply line from the RO filter. My plan is to leave the water tank on the floor and pump RO water up to the second tank on top of the first to mix nutes in. If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears.

Attachments

• IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 14

Fixer

Ooops! Here's a peek at the plants.

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 19

Fixer

I spent some time sorting the veg room. I hung all of the fans and the rest of the lights. Installed bulkhead fittings in the flood tables and built drain tubes.

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 22

coooper

Few things: I notice you have no window to exhaust air. Are you supplementing with c02?

How and what did you use to make those drain tubes on the tray? I don’t like mine dripping into a 5gal bucket cause the drops splash out onto the floor surprisingly.

And lastly, just a suggestion, build a little platform for your water tank(s) so they are up off the floor to help keep a more stable temperature. Casters will make them easy to move if you had to when they are full. Unless you’re using an aquarium heater then disregard.

Fixer

Few things: I notice you have no window to exhaust air. Are you supplementing with c02?

How and what did you use to make those drain tubes on the tray? I don’t like mine dripping into a 5gal bucket cause the drops splash out onto the floor surprisingly.

And lastly, just a suggestion, build a little platform for your water tank(s) so they are up off the floor to help keep a more stable temperature. Casters will make them easy to move if you had to when they are full. Unless you’re using an aquarium heater then disregard.

Hi coooper,

The drains are a threaded female bulkhead fitting with a threaded ball valve fitting and a length of irrigation tubing. I got many of the parts at usplastics.com I kept the hose long so it stays in the bottom bucket and won't splash. So far so good. Let me know if you want a parts list.

Yes I'm going to be using CO2 once I move the plants to the flower room.

Thanks for the heads up on the water tanks. I am finding them difficult to move full. I'm not sure if I want to be able to move them. I was going to stack on e on top of the other. :tiphat:

The clone ferry brought me some Master Kush and White Ice. I have 4 of each to torture.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19