What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we use Coconut water as a Main Flowering Nutrient?

Tony21

Cool experiment. I've seen people feeding with only milk powder all the way on another forum, lol.... Yeah, "surprisingly" it works!

Milk powder. Jeez. I guess if you have enough beneficial microbes in the system to break down whatever else is around, there's probably a lot of different materials that could supply the plants' basic needs. I'd just worry milk powder would promote damaging bacteria, no?

Tony21

Milk powder. Jeez. I guess if you have enough beneficial microbes in the system to break down whatever else is around, there's probably a lot of different materials that could supply the plants' basic needs. I'd just worry milk powder would promote damaging bacteria, no?
There was 2 guys doing it over at AFN with auto flowers, both with respectable yields, Google milk powder AFN cheese, and there's 2 grow journals

I would have thought bacteria could be a problem too, but apparently not, at least not in all cases!

Really? I would think it would promote LABs, no?

I think most milk powder would be pasteurized to remove/kill any inherent lactobacullus or naturally occurring probiotics which could consume or out-compete harmful bacteria or mold. Maybe you could add it back for this protection? Otherwise, I'd be concerned about providing food for the bad buys, especially mold...

Drewsif

Milk powder.. They must use that out west, where half the bud tastes like hay sprayed with... powdered milk, popcorn cheddar, instant gravy or some other shit.

I started using sea minerals when i started brewing with Tibicos. Microbes rely on a proper mineral profile or they won't do shit to the molasses and whatever you throw at it. Bud went from sweet to sour when I added sea minerals

A lot of people blame the variations between coastal and valley weed weed on temperature, sun, etc... Nah i think it's the foliar sea air. Those rusty cars in Hawaii.. It ain't the sun or the genetics making Hawaii OD nice..

G

@ Drewsif Would you elaborate on the water Kiefer and sea salt please?

I think most milk powder would be pasteurized to remove/kill any inherent lactobacullus or naturally occurring probiotics which could consume or out-compete harmful bacteria or mold.

Huh? How Sway? I really do beg to differ, I make LABs from pasteurized milk all time...hell I've never used unpasteurized milk, idek where to get such a thing locally.

sciencedirect.com and wikipedia's articles on pasteurization confirm that the principal objective of pasteurizing milk is to kill pathogenic bacteria, but most other microorganisms, including desirable LAB's, are killed also. In your case, I suppose the operative word is "most", and hence not "all", as I had assumed, ergo your success in cultivating LAB's from already-pasteurized milk.

Latest posts

Latest posts