What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flush the Milk?!

bakedpolarbear

Hi - Looking at my White kush colas and trying to figure out when to start 2 week flush in pro-mix. I think I should wait until some milky trichomes, but not sure what that looks like. Need hep, anybody see milk in these trichomes?

(Background:This is my first grow to maturity, White Kush (60-70 days flower per Quebec), one plant started from seed indoor in pro-mix on November 18, almost killed it with pH and nutes issues, flipped to 12/12 on February 14 (5 1/2 wks ago) after observing lots of pre-flowers. Long veg time maybe screwed up the clock?)

Thanks for any ideas. BPB
yTL6fSE.jpg

BubbaBear

Welcome bakedpolarbear, they look milky to me. I'd flush them bitches. I wouldn't sweat flushing to early, I'd rather have over faded plants than plants that haven't been fully flushed.

Miasa Mura

Hi - Looking at my White kush colas and trying to figure out when to start 2 week flush in pro-mix. I think I should wait until some milky trichomes, but not sure what that looks like. Need hep, anybody see milk in these trichomes?

(Background:This is my first grow to maturity, White Kush (60-70 days flower per Quebec), one plant started from seed indoor in pro-mix on November 18, almost killed it with pH and nutes issues, flipped to 12/12 on February 14 (5 1/2 wks ago) after observing lots of pre-flowers. Long veg time maybe screwed up the clock?)

Thanks for any ideas. BPB
View Image

Hey bakedpolarbear!

I’m not seeing any amber glands yet. Everyone has a different opinion on when is best to harvest. At 5 & 1/2 weeks most hybrid strains take 8-9 weeks to finish. Based on your picture I would feed for another week or two then flush for two weeks. Most people say 70 %milky / 30%amber is optimal harvest time. So even with 10% amber you could begin to flush. In my first couple of years growing, I pulled and flushed too early and the yield and potency really suffered because of this. To me, most of these trichomes in the picture look clear with only some milky (I’d say 20%milky, 80% clear), though hard to give a more accurate idea based on the photo.

If possible get a scope to really look closer at the resin heads to get a better idea of when is the best time to flush and harvest.

Best of luck!

bakedpolarbear

Thanks for your hep BubbaBear and Miasa Mura! I feel better that I maybe haven't missed anything significant. The preflowers that I mentioned in my post were many, large and showing long pistils and maybe the plant thinks it's spent an extra week in flowering over my calculation. I like all of the advice you both have given and so I've fed the plant water only with 1/2 the regular quantity - no runoff. I hope this will redistribute any accumulated soil nutrients to taper off the feeding, buy me a few days to observe, and make full flushing in a few days or a week more effective. I'll keep an eye out and try to get better images of the trichomes. Thanks for the hep! BPB

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most advertised harvest time are for early buds...
I like to go at least a week past advertised harvest and usually 2 weeks.

Keep in mind that those harvest times are only an estimate, typically based off of the breeders expected results and not tested results. Testing is rare these days.

volur

Yes, a little bit patience, its so easy to make mess in the end stages, always remember its easier to add than take back