What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Garden must be silent at 2pm on the equinox

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I worked on a farm yesterday, where we had to be finished and off the property by 2 p.m. because that was time of the spring equinox, and the garden must be silent

Anybody want to explain that?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The technical term for it is "woo." I'm guessing the proprietors of that farm follow the farmer's almanac. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So I went to this farms website.
Wow.

They sell tiny bottles of essential oils in Brandy or vinegar. 1 oz for $80.
Look at some of this bullshit:
Essential oil for soil
8 drop to a PT
17 drops to a qt
23 drops to a gallon.

Then they say that this isn't practical to use on large areas. So..

Here is best part: ask the area how many drops it wants. Then put that many drops in a spoon and hold the spoon up in the air for 10 seconds while concentrating on the area. After 10 seconds the liquid in the spoon is no good. You have now changed the energy of the area and used up the energy of the oil and the oil must be disposed of.

Sounds like a helluva scam.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I forgot to mention the fact that the garden is empty, it's still cold.
I guess maybe some of the plots could have been perennials, but they we're many small 2-3' wide beds mulched with straw.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's not what I do. For spring equinox, I put speakers around the garden and crank up the 'Pastorale' symphony by L.V.Beethoven! Then I dance around spreading buckwheat, alfalfa, clover and sing along with Ludwig at the top of my lungs.

White Beard

So I went to this farms website.
Wow.

They sell tiny bottles of essential oils in Brandy or vinegar. 1 oz for $80.
Look at some of this bullshit:
Essential oil for soil
8 drop to a PT
17 drops to a qt
23 drops to a gallon.

Then they say that this isn't practical to use on large areas. So..

Here is best part: ask the area how many drops it wants. Then put that many drops in a spoon and hold the spoon up in the air for 10 seconds while concentrating on the area. After 10 seconds the liquid in the spoon is no good. You have now changed the energy of the area and used up the energy of the oil and the oil must be disposed of.

Sounds like a helluva scam.
No different, really, than selling prayer cloths on the radio so that God will “bless” the purchaser (I mean, the believer)...or Oral Roberts claiming God was holding him hostage in order to raise big dough from the rubes (I mean, the audience).

White Beard

That's not what I do. For spring equinox, I put speakers around the garden and crank up the 'Pastorale' symphony by L.V.Beethoven! Then I dance around spreading buckwheat, alfalfa, clover and sing along with Ludwig at the top of my lungs.
I like to gain altitude and put on my 7901s and listen to Stravinski’s Rite of Spring with my eyes closed...

Say what we will, the equinoxes were significant to farmers and others who’s livelihood depended on the yearly cycles of life and death thru the seasons for thousands of years at least. I’m reluctant to get salty about such things.

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran

i read one time they played music to plants and some without the ones with music did better. i think it was hardcore rock music they like best

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The time of the equinox is new year for some folks. The first day of spring, is the basis of their calendar. Persians for instance. I was working with an Iranian guy yesterday who couldn't get the time off. He was trying to man it up, that it was nothing. But I got together a haft sin, and he was made up. Taking pictures of the traditional spread I did for him, and sharing photo's around the globe. So his friends and family knew he was doing alright.

Last edited:

ion

i didnt research it, but this sounds like biodynamics. rudolf steiner. quack extraordinaire. sorry, dont mean to offend steiner lovers, but putting a special compost mix in a bullhorn and burying it in one place for your entire grow system is funny. the guy had a dabble in altered states, then comes back and lays down some good stuff and some gooey stuff......biodynamics is gooey. his speeched on early druidry are fun......then, with little/no child development experience he invents the waldorf school, which has it's perks as it doesnt adhere to public education/programming system

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm going to try that next year.:dance013:

Solstice and the Equinox teachings were abundant in indigenous culture worldwide and the times of aligning observed and revered holism dues paid in the many ceremonial observations- celebration...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i didnt research it, but this sounds like biodynamics. rudolf steiner. quack extraordinaire. sorry, dont mean to offend steiner lovers, but putting a special compost mix in a bullhorn and burying it in one place for your entire grow system is funny. the guy had a dabble in altered states, then comes back and lays down some good stuff and some gooey stuff......biodynamics is gooey. his speeched on early druidry are fun......then, with little/no child development experience he invents the waldorf school, which has it's perks as it doesnt adhere to public education/programming system

This is what I was thinking as well.
Biodyamics practices.

I tried reading about it but the WOO WOO is thick!
No offense intended.

Latest posts

Latest posts