What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adk Gold smoke report

J man

Has anyone ever came across this strain? I dont know much about it but it comes from the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate NY. I smoked it once but was preme but had been covered with oil so I couldnt really make out the taste.

Thanks for your response!

highsteppa

Veteran
Is this any relation to the upstate ny strain called special k? Grown by a group of older vets till they eventually got busted. The seed made its way into Vt and I got it prob 10 yrs back. Looked to be an Afghan/very broad leaf.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Im tug hill region the best outdoor ive seen came out of west leyden as potent as any og or cookie ive smoked not much flavor though.

Easy7

Veteran
Interesting. A potent afgan is rare. Had some good fuluffy afghan from so ho years ago. Big fat oily glands. Rich flavor. Just not dense and easy to smoke up the stash.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
im close to daks i know few old heads up that area late 80s early 90s talked of afghanis and northern lights making it way through the hills. bout 10 years ago got close to some cuts but it fell through

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There was a lot of Romulan and Romulan hybrids coming out of that area in the late 80's through the 90's as well.

mrheadie

Ahhhh,, ADK Gold,, what a memory! Was lucky enough to run her a few season 20 years ago. Was a treat to work with here as she was acclimated better then most of our genetics back then. Adk Gold, Friesland, Mikado, BcQuick, and 77CaliO. We laced the Adks with these genetics in the late 90s and early 2000s. Loved working up in the Mnts. Adk Gold was never my fav of the bunch, but it made amazing hash. She was easy to work with. More then a few people were upset when we let that one go.

Latest posts

Latest posts