What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider mites AKA The Borg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Oh... my mistake... I was wondering why OTHER people's cannabis is so nasty compared to mine. lol but thanks! :D

jackspratt61 said:
Have you managed to accomplish this pest free nutrition yet?
Yes, I have indeed because John Kempf is correct on that angle and I keep rabbits. ;) It's awesome to see all the pest issues pissadear when the plant nutrition is optimal. Normally I use water, iso and a surfactant in veg for mites or other pests, because it's safe and clean and works every time.

Since I've started using bunny manure tea I have not needed any pest control. (Edit: Rabbit manure has all of the macro, micro and trace elements your plants need (plus a bit of UV from sun or lamp) to become pest repellent devices themselves.)

Yes... definitely Awesome!!! :D

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
For me, it often relates to being impatient.

Got to give it cure time.

I don't use any anything on the flowers, would rather smoke spider mites than soap, or something stronger.

One way to do a "Rush Cure" -
* watch it like a hawk
* let one bud mold
* as soon as it's 1/3 molded, dry it thoroughly, using low heat.
By the time it's done drying it might be 1/2 molded.
* Put it in the freezer to stop the mold.
* Smoke the flowers next to the mold.

That's what I ended up doing accidentally sort of, with some Blue Headband.

And I was choosing it over un-molded bud for about a month, while the un-molded bud cured.
Say what?:watchplant:

jackspratt61

Oh... my mistake... I was wondering why OTHER people's cannabis is so nasty compared to mine. lol but thanks! :D

Yes, I have indeed because John Kempf is correct on that angle and I keep rabbits. ;) It's awesome to see all the pest issues pissadear when the plant nutrition is optimal. Normally I use water, iso and a surfactant in veg for mites or other pests, because it's safe and clean and works every time.

Since I've started using bunny manure tea I have not needed any pest control. (Edit: Rabbit manure has all of the macro, micro and trace elements your plants need (plus a bit of UV from sun or lamp) to become pest repellent devices themselves.)

Yes... definitely Awesome!!! :D
Kempf hypothesis is that complete nitrogen conversion is needed to reduce sucking pest pressure. The elements he recommends are Mg,S,B and Mo. I've seen great improvement working higher levels of B. Mo is next.
Do you have analysis for Bunny tea?

Douglas.Curtis

Kempf hypothesis is that complete nitrogen conversion is needed to reduce sucking pest pressure. The elements he recommends are Mg,S,B and Mo. I've seen great improvement working higher levels of B. Mo is next.
Do you have analysis for Bunny tea?
I do have a report of the first batch of tea I made. The teas I make now are significantly stronger and have a much higher ratio of Nitrogen. No, I have not had the latest batches tested yet except through plants. The results are just wonderful and, as an added bonus, they can withstand so much more abuse now it's ridiculous. This is a very good thing with my current growing situation. lol

Edit: The first batch is still around and I use it at about a half a cup in 5 gallons of water for cannabis as a terpene booster. The new batches will be awesome at even lower doses with a live soil for veg, because there's a lot of organic nutrient molecules in there waiting to be torn apart. ;)
Batch-1-Rabbit-Manure-Tea.gif

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I'd like to have the new batches analyzed with a more in-depth test, epecially since Molybdenum is not listed. Considering the pest response, I'm guessing it's all in there and in abundance. :)

jackspratt61

I'd like to have the new batches analyzed with a more in-depth test, epecially since Molybdenum is not listed. Considering the pest response, I'm guessing it's all in there and in abundance. :)
Needs a lot more calcium, balance the metals a bit and it looks good. Have you noticed a need to boost P,K some at critical moments.

Douglas.Curtis

Needs a lot more calcium, balance the metals a bit and it looks good. Have you noticed a need to boost P,K some at critical moments.
I believe the current batches are higher, because I'm using straight manure with little urine or straw included. I also use r/o water now instead of the city water supply, which I'm guessing was a large contributor to the potassium levels. Not sure what differences will show up for calcium, but I definitely find KNF water soluble calcium to be excellent for that. I'm still tossing in a smidge of epsom salt as well for sulfur and a bit more magnesium.

I'm also researching a bloom formula for those who need it. With a living soil it should not be necessary with the right soil mix and microherd. I've not added any p/k boosters during these grows and have not noticed the flowers being a lot smaller.

@Douglas.Curtis ...was that tea made with fresh or dried bunny poop, i suppose that it matters?
All my batches are made with fresh. As for there being any difference vs. aged I really have no idea.

jackspratt61

I believe the current batches are higher, because I'm using straight manure with little urine or straw included. I also use r/o water now instead of the city water supply, which I'm guessing was a large contributor to the potassium levels. Not sure what differences will show up for calcium, but I definitely find KNF water soluble calcium to be excellent for that. I'm still tossing in a smidge of epsom salt as well for sulfur and a bit more magnesium.

I'm also researching a bloom formula for those who need it. With a living soil it should not be necessary with the right soil mix and microherd. I've not added any p/k boosters during these grows and have not noticed the flowers being a lot smaller.

All my batches are made with fresh. As for there being any difference vs. aged I really have no idea.
I suspect the ph will lower with ro..less bicarbonates. That will help.