What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning for seed and breed

Superauto

Have anyone tried to clone your autos?

I know cloning autos for budding is quite hopeless but what about to use the clone to produce seeds?

If you breed autos you always have a backdraw vs photos because its not possible to take clones as an older plant to preserve the genetics, you need to make seeds
And if you have an F2(which is where you can find hidden traits) you never know what you have until its mature and it's probably too late to save the genetics unless you have pollinated the plant, but if you have pollinated the plant you disturb her and you maybe can't get the right impression she would give as sensimilla-

So I was thinking about topping the promising autos and use them as clones and then pollinate the single bud to get at least a few seeds each to improve the breeding program

Any thoughts?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try it and tell us. Having ruderalis gene, it's difficult, but maybe you can do it.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi here !

Autoflo with medium long cycle can be cloned, sure but ...

Why not to pollinate just a single branch or bud without cloning ?
Assuming that you have pollen somewhere .

And when you have new auto genetics pollinate systematically a little bud. By having pollen in your freezer, or popping males at the same time. ( more or less depending on strains )
It's a routine to set . Just do it .

Anyway, I encourage you to experiment auto cloning and to show your results .

Sometimes it is easy to grab a stone and to throw it away. There's no need to think about "how to grab the stone ?" !

Good luck with your gardening !