What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil mite??

Ok so i know this will be alot to read but bare with me, also I know these videos are shit , and HORRIBLE but there zoomed in and blurry as hell there just the best I could get of this thing within the last week or 2 weeks since first seeing them I look everyday and can't find one most day even looking at 10 or more plants roots finally found another 1 today and this is the best shot I can get of the little bastards once again I know these are horrible videos and probably won't be able to identify it but what do you guys think it could be root aphid , russet , bulb mite, beneficial soil mite , ect.. I first seen it around 2 weeks ago and there not multiplying very fast because I can't ever find them looking every single day for a hour minimum at different plants root systems t hete hard to see being close to microscopic but I can see it with the naked eye very hard tho , I have been scoping leave after leave on every plant I have and no mites or really not even any damage to any plants but it's been bugging me I wish I could get a clear magnified shot of one of these but close to impossible so far , there not locking onto roots everyone I see them there on the move, thanks in advanced I know I'll probably get mixed answered but thanks anyways

https://youtu.be/nvgpF79FTRs

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bud.

Most of the threads your posting are questions that have already been answered many times.

Slow down & do some searching & REsearching.
The World Wide Web is a huge place & search engines are your friend.
When you get conflicting info, then start asking questions.

As far as soil mites go...
Search "hypoapsis miles"...

MrBungle

spring tails are harmless.... fungus gnat larvae isn't as harmless... both crawl around on the surface of your soil, I'm sure there's more bugs than this that hang on the surface of soil, but these are fairly common

Hey bud.

Most of the threads your posting are questions that have already been answered many times.

Slow down & do some searching & REsearching.
The World Wide Web is a huge place & search engines are your friend.
When you get conflicting info, then start asking questions.

As far as soil mites go...
Search "hypoapsis miles"...

I know I'm sorry but I just recently actually seen something in the dirt like a never did before it's a little different than the flys and whatnot I posted before I have a video on youtube if you could help me identify this as a beneficial mite and not a bad mite or root aphid I'll completely stop posting about anything like that lol please tho and I'm sorry about all the posts I'm just in sort of large indoors facility and can't let something go wrong and let it get out of hand if it is something bad

https://youtu.be/q5XYdxruhY8

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The point of my comment wasn't to make you stop posting but rather to push you to do some searching on your own.

I gave you a clue... Did you do the serch?
If you've got time to sign up here & ask questions you've got time for research as well.

The point of my comment wasn't to make you stop posting but rather to push you to do some searching on your own.

I gave you a clue... Did you do the serch?
If you've got time to sign up here & ask questions you've got time for research as well.

I've been researching myself all day everyday literally for hours its just these things are so tiny you can hardly even see them and the hypoaspis miles seems to be kinda larger , you can literally hardly even see these things you can see them but not unless your heads like right up against the dirt and then you can still hardly see them there so small they don't seem to be on any roots when I look but they are the size of a pinhead or smaller the h miles seem to be bigger than that yanno

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
H. miles are pretty darn small.
Almost need a magnifying glass to see them good enough to identify.

If they're not harming the plants & the plants are healthy you should let things be.