What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to establish high yielding (cuttings) mother plants

If you want maximum cuttings I will share my trick. You owe me.

OK when you got a mother all bushy...you take 50 clones off her. Lets say you take them all. How long before she puts out another 50 healthy clones? A week? Fuck no!

Chances are she will favor 4-6 leads. Which will need to be topped to force her to push more leads.

So I take cuttings in 1.5 Rockwool block and "field" plant them

Set up a flood and drain tray. Put 2" of media like hydroton of GS2 (I mix them).

Then I lay a solid carpet of 1.5 block with fresh clones. 500 fit in a 4x4 tray.

Veg just a little and top every clone. Now you got 1000 clones. Double down boys.
Now you got two 4x4 with 1000 clones. if you want.

The cool thing is each individual plant absolutely has to make a new lead.
A mother may shut one down but the clone has no choice. The first ones you top will make two leads. Fast. Like 10 days. So 10 days after first top you can take another 500 no problem.

Many many mothers. Short height.

The big facility I have designed needs 864 healthy clones per week. And will choose those
from 1000.
So we had to get creative and make 1000 per week. We did it easily with two 4x4 mother trays.

Hopefully you are in a legal state. Oregon has no plant counts. Elsewhere this type of thing is a forty year affair.

P.S. Everything roots faster in MH. Just keep lights high. T5's are way slower. Tried everything.

This is awesome, thanks.

How much EC you give them once they root? What NPK ratio?

How about white LED instead of MH or T5?

mushroombrew

Veteran
I presoak RW cubes with 1100ppm. I root directly into that. So they have food. I don't see many guys doing so. It's not detrimental. They take off faster. Worth noting my well water is 200ppm. Ca, Mg and S. So I have 200 ppm of Secondarys. So perfect. I moved to this location to take advantage of the water.

NPK = 3-1-2

Latest posts

Latest posts