What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Pray For Me

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
After a longtime off the "white horse" or "smack" im back on it, its taken complete control of my life the past three months. Mainly I have been using the lady Dilaudid... she has got me by the balls.
I have wasted at least $1000 a month on my drug habit. My whole family and my friends have noticed and are deeply concerned about my health, i have lost 10 pounds and look like a walking zombie, pale, dark rings around my eyes, slowed speech, and no feelings of emotions. This addiction has made me so desprite to stop that i honestly thought about taking my own life to get out of the situation I am in, So now I am trying to quit cold turkey so ill be feeling like complete crap and have a feeling of complete loss of control for the next weeks to come.

I just want some positive vibes and some support from our wonderful cannabis family here on the IC.

Thank you... :frown:

Sundance

Wishing you the very best HG

Recognizing a problem .. and what this shit has done .. and is doing to you ... is a great first step

I sincerely hope you want to get off this crap

The strongest muscle in your body is your brain - use it .. it will help get ... and keep you off drugs ... clean up your body and your house ... pull up .. get on the right and correct path ... make a good, happy life ... and help you achieve all the things you want

Nobody can do this for you ... You have to want to do this for yourself !

We both know you can !

Pull up .. grow up .. stop using heavy drugs

Growing up .. taking responsibility .. finding away to earn money to take care of yourself, a family, your family someday - is not easy - but we all have to face the harsh realities and adversities in life ... hard drugs is certainly not the answer

Get healthy and strong

All the best

Sundance

smokefrogg

Veteran
oh man, you are in my prayers, seen many family and friends wrestle with this one, i'm so sorry, hoping and praying to god for you dude

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wish you the best. keep feelings of offing yourself away. i lost friends that way for the same reason and it hurts the ones around you more than you can imagine. good luck bro.

basspirate

Hey HG, you don't know me, but you're definitely in my prayers. That Dilaudid stuff is some serious shit; they gave it to the wife in the ER once for a thrown out back. I could imagine it's one hell of a beast to wrestle with.

I hope and pray that you can reach down deep and hold on for what's what I have to assume is a hellish ride. It's gotta get better, but surely it's going to be bad before you get some relief.

Hopefully lady MJ can help relieve some of this pain.

Nevertheless, stay strong!!! This life is worth living and everything that doesn't kill us WILL make us stronger. If I can personally be of any help, PM me. You aren't alone in this, you've just got to find the resolve deep down to press on!!

Once again man, you are definitely in my prayers. I wish you peace and relief my friend.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
advice I saw from an MD that is an addiction expert.

advice I saw from an MD that is an addiction expert.

you may very well know this already.

Physical addiction is where your body needs the chemical to fuction. quitting cold turkey can be dangerous. see a doctor to start another treatment program.

The Mental addiction part can be battled by avoiding what is called "triggers". When Addiction takes a person it literally shuts down a part of the brain. This shut down is an actual medical disease. The part it shuts down is your no reflex, thus leaving only your yes reflex. When you see something that reminds you of the drug it becomes a Yes Trigger. This works in the same part of the brain as fight or flight, it becomes genetically instinctual to to say yes to the drug.

Common Triggers are a place where you did the drug, activities you did while taking the drug, and people you did the drug with. everyone's are different though. try to figure out your triggers, and avoid them.

Also find support like us here at IC mag. feel free to PM if you need encouragement. I dont know what I could say to you, but I could have a conversation with you to keep your mind moving. I am sure others on this sight are willing to as well.

Stay Strong, Good Luck, and YOU CAN WIN!!!!:comfort:

Dude, you need to go to your local doctor and get prescribed Suboxone or Subutex. Takes the cravings and dope sickness away instantly. Its Buprenorphine wich is an opiod agonist, Basically meaning its an opiat blocker. If you do suboxone then do dope, you feel nothin or get sick, so its a waist of money. Dont take more than one a day though so u can use them to transition off the stuff. If you can, wean off them after a couple months or if your still tempted to use u can stay on them as a maintanace plan to keep you clean.
Good Luck+

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glaze,ur in my prayers bro.ive seen this dangerous drug have control of people for most of my life,was heron but all the same you kno...
it takes a strong mind to get off that stuuf alone and cold turkey..dont be too proud to go seek help w a support group of other people that have walked that path and knw EXACTLY what ur going thru...i know them places arent for everyone but if your thinking of doing something drastic like ending your own life,why not give some meeting a try huh?
btw that is not the way to be thinking(ending your life) that is the addiction at its strongest trying to get you to fold stay strong my kat....just remember the man upstairs aint the only one that tests us with temptations when were at our weakest is when the devil tries to run his little games.try to reconnect with your faith and let go and let god.
peace-T-

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be strong. Look ahead to a better life. Addiction is a horrible sickening life. I know first hand. Want a better life for yourself. Its precious and addiction is a waste of that life. Think about a future.. forget the past.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Bro first off

Props to you for recognizing it and wanting change it, it is a hell of a burden but not impossible bare especially if you see what its doing to you.

Second don't be afraid to reach out and get help to get clean

third bro remember when the chips are down and bad things in life are calling you KEEP IT GREEN

she never betrays you like that

i hope you find some peace and harmony in your time of suffering

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Way to man up and get it out in the open. Now keep your family in mind and do the right thing for them. You are a strong man ... step up and be that guy!!
Nam myoho renge kyo like the roar of the lion !!!

F

firefox

seen a few of my old pals go through this so my thoughts go to you ive seen what this filthy drug can do to good people so heres wishing you the best on getting of it .and yes you can beat it m8 good luck .

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I´m with you all the way HerbGlaze!
You´ve done the hard bit.Recognizing it and asking for help.
I believe that cold turkey is one of the best ways of confronting ones adiction.We need to feel the pain that comes from our own actions.I said this only based on my personal experience as a long time addict.
Please stay strong!
My best vibes are with you

Sleepy

Veteran
asking for help is the most difficult thing for many.

please find a way to stop before you are gone.

please stop.

Nicoli

Veteran
Glad you realize the problem. Now you need to do something about it, and find out how strong you are. IC is a good supportive community for the most part, you will have lots of people pulling for you here.

I know tobacco may not be as addictive as other drugs and whatnot, but for me I never thought I could quit cold turkey, on my own, and IC actually helped alot, people telling me to stay strong constantly, etc. It helped a ton to finally kick my bad habit.

Hang in there, you can overcome anything at all if you are strong enough.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
pot is one of the only substances that wont take more from you than it gives in relief

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Much respect for posting your problem. What worried me though was that you say you have contemplated suicide.....that will also kill your loved one's.....mate try to avoid thinking that ( easier said than done....I know. ).

Cold turkey isn't easy and can be dangerous....think on that one ( treatment programs and stuff...but that might not be your thing ). Keep on smoking the weed as you are definatly in need and it will help.

Life can test us at time's and heroin addiction is a BIG test. I'm sure you can battle it though with some good advice and support here on IC.

Sending positive vibes and love your way over the pond, stay strong and good luck mate.

Grendelkhan

Herb I can totally understand your pain. I can see by your post at 2 am that your not sleeping and are have a lot of emotional pain as well. It will get better if you want it too. Talk with friend and family. Drink lots of water, get work-out protein drinks if your having issues eating and holding it down, try to move or walk even though I know you don't feel like it at all. I know all this because I have gone thru it a couple of times. In fact I am on my first day of detox right now. Don't let the negative feeling take over, know that it will get better and honestly if your group of friends are using as well then your most likely going to need to stop seeing them for a while. Good luck and know that your not alone in this.

Latest posts

Latest posts