What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it worth it

macster

I've 18 bushy plants which I've trimmed up breaty good and I've lots of shake I'm wondering if its worth spending $300-$400 on a bubble hash bags

G

IMHO

I have gone the bag route, and after trying my first iso wash this week, I am swearing off bags.

I dry sieved, then iso washed some trim. Now I'm gonna do a bho extraction.

All are much cheaper than the bags, and my yield so far has been great.

Good luck

ws

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
id say go with your preferences my man, i adore bubble hash in almost all its forms but.. the bags are pricey. if you maintain em they do last though specially bubblebags* the brandname. but hey if you like variety or arent the biggest fan of the bubble then dry sift it or anything else is fair game. i keep away from solvents no disrespect wallstreet.

you name the number of plants but not the amount of trim your expecting... that could range a lot depending on many things so.. if you've got say 10,000 grams of trim to do then hell.. id say any reusable reliable system that you like is worth its money within reason. if economy is the name of the game and your handy build your own rig to sift or somethin, like the shower curtain barrel tumbler.

if its indoor which im guessing it is, im not sure how much trim youd get... 3 pounds maybe? thats still a solid 6+ runs in 5 gal bags. and with sugary trim you can get 10-15% of what you put in back everytime.

G

Papulz said:
...i keep away from solvents no disrespect wallstreet...
:wave:
None taken dude - I know the feeling. I even made my own bags - filterbags.com have awesome assorted pack. Did the ice, and buckets, and water, and wet, and... a few times.

Decided to try iso or bho for the final trim of latest gro. Did iso - washed the final product once in clean H2O. Took me 1/3 the time, and my yield was as good or better than the bags.

I don't know what I'm doing, and already I've gotten some excellent results - especially for the amount of effort.

Next time it'll be bho, and I'm planning a home-made extractor now.

It's all good - enjoy...

ws

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo bags are always worth it. What else will take trash leaves and turn it into solventless sweet cheese? A good set of bags cleaned after each use will last a long time.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is definately worth it if you like hash that will blow your mind and buble like a mother fucker and they will last for a long time
but if it was me i would get the bublator machine its done in 6 mins and it is alot easier and probaly the same price, mine cost £120 = 240 dollars and comes with 2 bags

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I would get the bags, especially the bubble bags from bubbleman. Much cleaner and healthier products. No solvents for me. Anything from the pollinator company would be good too, so yeah, I'd be happy with ice-o-lator bags. The bubble will knock you on your ass :D

macster

Hey Guys Tks for your imput,I guess the answer is go for it which I was more than likely to do anyways, It was just the economic factor and I've got to say I've enjoyed every facit of growing pot and learning the in and outs (not sex) of growing the herb. I look back and relive the fall of OG , my first crop, the freak out when they was security concerns and realize, its all good and thanks all for all your help. Crap I'm getting all mushy.
Anyhow I'm off to the market and I'll update you on how I'm doing
Macster

mig

im plannin on buyin some bags, the 5 gal, 8 bag system....i know in time it will most def pay for itself. Im assuming it will after the first extraction...300 is steep...but relatively speaking, its do-able. its like gettin an oz of nice herb.

R

randude

I just started to dry sift my trim lately. It is not really a fast process, but you can get the old world hash that way. You can buy screen a lot cheaper.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I like to break out the smoking jacket for the old world hash.

%7b3AB8D4FB-FFF3-4494-90B4-C12308DC7C6B%7d_24924courtgent.jpg

macster

Tks Brain, I already purchased the 8 bag system for about $300, I figure if I take care of them the investment will pay off

Verite: See what I mean lol

Inavixious

Honestly I wouldn't have gone with the bags. The work sucks balls (stirring shittons of trim around in a huge container with ice and water for hours upon hours is the worst) and you can yield a lot better with other forms of hash making.

Bubble hash is the best, though, but at the cost of a set of bags, and taking into consideration the work and the yield rates, I myself wouldn't mine settling for pressed hash. How stoney do you need to get? lol

Latest posts

Latest posts