What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do I ACTUALLY need?

Dr Watt

Who What
Minimum $500aud about $350usd

Minimum $500aud about $350usd

$100 : Activated Carbon Filter Scrubber > 5>7kg 6" >> $100
$50 : Fan > Smallest fan run continously
$10 :Timer > $10:$15 are very accurate > growshop
$30 : Coco or RockWool in pots > handwater
$100>$150 : 250watt Light Kit Magnetic Reflector w/ HPS MH globe (aim for 25w to 45w per sqft)
$ 30 : Canna A + B
$ 10 : Aluminium Foil (shield the globe / reflect some light)
$ 50 : Seeds or Clones
Free : Pots - try and get em free !
====$400====

extras :
$50 : ec meter
$20 : pH test kit
$20 : pH down
$50 : Panda Plastic : floor and/or walls
$70 : Heater Pad 'reptile heater pad'
$40 : On/Off power by Temperature 'thermostat on/off device' to run the heater pad
$50 : Fan Speed Controller (Clipsal have do anything ones)
$30 : 2nd Smallest Fan
$40 : 2nd On/Off by Temperature for 2nd fan
=====$320=== >>>> $720

more :
$40 : grow food
$25 : slimline timer
$100 : 2nd Carbon Filter
$100 : 2nd 250w HPS kit
$150 : Fan
$50 : 2nd Fan Speed Controller

if you go with rez and pumps then you need 6point or more ! powerboards - heck you even need 6 point power boards in your living room !!!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have all the problems of a single dripper, no run-off and no wet dry for air exchange. CoCo is all about that wet dry, every few hours if you can.

Your lost in the dream buddy. Do an image search for organic plant feed. It's all in a bottle, or power you mix in a bottle. Not even 1% of the results support your version of organic feed. People expect to do 'organic grows' in undersized containers, that are exhausted in a few weeks. Then reach for a bottle that gives instant results.

Your link isn't a plant feed.

Those that know what Organic is know its not in a bottle lol. If your growing like that you must have allot of plant issues.. COCO is not a wet dry medium lol. What kind of dipper wont run long enough to runoff. The amount of time there on is up to the grower(excluding bluemat).. There is no wet/dry cycle for coco. Some water there coco every few hrs. If any follow your advice there in for trouble. My link is 100% Organic Nutrient mix for soil water only. Someone forgot there meds today. Peace HH

Help just isn't welcome any more.
Absolutely True.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
They have all the problems of a single dripper, no run-off and no wet dry for air exchange. CoCo is all about that wet dry, every few hours if you can.

Your lost in the dream buddy. Do an image search for organic plant feed. It's all in a bottle, or power you mix in a bottle. Not even 1% of the results support your version of organic feed. People expect to do 'organic grows' in undersized containers, that are exhausted in a few weeks. Then reach for a bottle that gives instant results.

Your link isn't a plant feed.
I'm no pro by any means, but what are you doing fe? Coco isn't about wet/dry. Soil needs a wet/dry cycle. Coco is considered hydroponics, you don't ever want the medium to completely dry out, it messes with the cocos ability to buffer the nutrients. And when people talk about organic growing, they mean in soil. You feed the biome in soil. In hydroponics you feed the plant directly. In the EU you can't even label hydroponically grown crops as organic. Because they aren't. And come on man, accurate and precise aren't even the same thing, stop trolling. Accurate means you get around the same results each time, ie you have a laser that reads distance and it says 520 every time you test it against a known distance of 520 feet. Precise is the granularity, ie a laser that can tell you 520.00345 feet vs just 520 feet. A laser can be precise and not accurate, ie it gives 520.00345 and 520.00351 and 520.00343 as results. Or it can be accurate and not precise, like the 520 first example. And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm dog piling, I do respect your opinions and I know for a fact I've rated your posts up in the past, but come on man.

Dr Watt

Who What
So You're A Grower Now

So You're A Grower Now

$100 : Activated Carbon Filter Scrubber > 5>7kg 6" >> $100
$50 : Fan > Smallest fan run continously
$10 :Timer > $10:$15 are very accurate > growshop
$30 : Coco or RockWool in pots > handwater
$100>$150 : 250watt Light Kit Magnetic Reflector w/ HPS MH globe (aim for 25w to 45w per sqft)
$ 30 : Canna A + B
$ 10 : Aluminium Foil (shield the globe / reflect some light)
$ 50 : Seeds or Clones
Free : Pots - try and get em free !
====$400====

extras :
$50 : ec meter
$20 : pH test kit
$20 : pH down
$50 : Panda Plastic : floor and/or walls
$70 : Heater Pad 'reptile heater pad'
$40 : On/Off power by Temperature 'thermostat on/off device' to run the heater pad
$50 : Fan Speed Controller (Clipsal have do anything ones)
$30 : 2nd Smallest Fan
$40 : 2nd On/Off by Temperature for 2nd fan
=====$320=== >>>> $720

more :
$40 : grow food
$25 : slimline timer
$100 : 2nd Carbon Filter
$100 : 2nd 250w HPS kit
$150 : Fan
$50 : 2nd Fan Speed Controller

if you go with rez and pumps then you need 6point or more ! powerboards - heck you even need 6 point power boards in your living room !!!!

It's assumed you have : Screwdriver, LongNosedPliers, Hammer, Scissors, Gorilla Tape, and as mentioned POTS.

In a closet, you HAVE TO CUT A HOLE in the ceiling of the wardrobe. I do 6" hole and run 100cfm if no shelves (Rental Grows : ADD $15>$70 for vent covers for when the grow is over). If the shelves are in the cupboard you need more airflow.

TIME : So you've spent $400 usd and still NO WEED. It will be at least 20 weeks before you smoke lots and lots and lots of good weed :scripture: ..........

most people would prefer gram a week for 20 weeks to no weed for 20 weeks and $400 down :joint:

Dr Watt

Who What
.... then you gotta do seeds or clones again. Seeds means another 20wks - Clones that save you 4 weeks are worth $100 each or if normally priced will take you at least 2 wks to size up.

.... forget to factor in $60 seeds at the start

If you do your own cloning then you need Option extra #2 PLUS one more light $100 >>> $820aud (or about $640usd)

Plus I recks $100 for 10 feminised seed (with post and insurance) >>> $920 ($750) then using the 2nd light on "MH tubular retro" globe and heater mat to generate under.

So now it is 2 cupboards.

Oh, yes, to backtrack to Crop1 form Cupboard1 under 250w you'd get 60g minimum > most will smoke a g/day so smoke for 2 months (cheapest scenario must include worst outcome).

With generation time you'll be out of smoke for 4wks roughly - smoking leaf...... it's good to get off the strong stuff ...... rollercoaster

Oh yeh, you should start with a Bloom Wardrobe as described above WITH a flourescent / led generator station IN ANOTHER BOX !!!!

You might find the grow getting into your Bathroom and Laundry.......

Who

What

Dr Watt :tree: