What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chang Mai x Pananma Goddess

Morglie

Thanks for sharing pics your Thai Chiang Mai x Panama, Morglie :)

She looks definitely very Thai. How is she doing in flowering ?
Please, keep us updated when you have the chance.
She's doing wonderfully in flower. I've managed to crisp the edges of the leaf tips with a bit of overfeeding, but she's coming along nicely. She really stretched out in flower, especially the differ growth, and I had to put her in the corner to prop up her branches. If I let her flop, she'd take up half of my 6'x8' flower room.

This is around 5 weeks since pistols showed. She took close to three weeks under 11/13 lighting to start showing on to of that.
IMG_20190721_171801.jpg

I'll try to get a couple of full plant pics. It's tough though as my flower room is overflowing! Lots of new Ace cultivars growing in there.

Morglie

Here she is today. 40 days since she started to flower. Strong lime smell on her with a hint of spices in the background.
IMG_20190722_140339.jpg

IMG_20190722_140351.jpg

MVIMG_20190722_140520.jpg

MVIMG_20190722_140411.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Me too! :dance013:
Loving her elegant Thai influence also in flowering. :)

The lower part of the plant looks healthy, but the tops look a bit burnt.
Are you placing the upper parts too close to the lamp ? If so, consider to move her a bit further from the light.

Morglie

Me too! :dance013:
Loving her elegant Thai influence also in flowering. :)

The lower part of the plant looks healthy, but the tops look a bit burnt.
Are you placing the upper parts too close to the lamp ? If so, consider to move her a bit further from the light.
Thank you! She's a gorgeous plant. I've seen a couple of other ones that friends are growing and theirs all seem to be Panama leaning. I'm glad I got this gangly girl. I just need to flip her a little earlier this next time.

The top buds were about 5 inches from my lights and getting bleached tops and were splitting almost like it was revegging, so I bent them over and they've been doing better since. The foxtails are growing sideways towards the lights now.:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you Morglie for sharing your experience with this new F1 sativa hybrid :)

Your Thai x Panama clearly leans towards the Thai side.
Since Thai Chi release, there's plenty of interest from growers about our latest projects with this Thai Chiang Mai and her hybrids so i'm seriously considering to release more Thai Chiang Mai hybrids sooner than later.

Guess you have already harvested yours. Eager to know your opinion about her after drying process and a bit of curing.

Neiko

Here's my Thai Pan, she is currently 58 days from flip under 11.5/12.5 lighting. She's a beauty and I'm starting to get a little excited for this girl. She reminds me of the Thai Chi I ran, the smells are very similar too. She smells like fresh spring air after a thunderstorm if that makes any sense. It's a smell I associate with really nice sativas. Thanks for creating this gem ACE!

Koondense

Veteran
Yours is very frosty Neiko, lovely looking buds, very Panama style :)

Here's mine, I think she's quite balanced between Thai and Panama expressions.
picture.php

I don't count the days or weeks, maybe she's around 45 days or more, will check in my thread.

Cheers

Neiko

Very nice! What kind of smells are you getting? This morning mine is starting to develope a slight lemon note along with the smells described above.

Morglie

Thanks to you Morglie for sharing your experience with this new F1 sativa hybrid :)

Your Thai x Panama clearly leans towards the Thai side.
Since Thai Chi release, there's plenty of interest from growers about our latest projects with this Thai Chiang Mai and her hybrids so i'm seriously considering to release more Thai Chiang Mai hybrids sooner than later.

Guess you have already harvested yours. Eager to know your opinion about her after drying process and a bit of curing.
I'm in love with this plant. It's my current favorite cut. It hasn't had a chance for a proper cure, but it's got a lovely limey dankness to it. Nice and flavorful, that you can even taste while smoking with a one hitter.

The buzz leaves you fairly clear headed, but happy and euphoric. When you overindulge, it puts you in a dream like state. There's no raciness anywhere in it. It's just a beautiful buzz to be outdoors and active.

I have a couple of seeds of ThaiChi that I need to pop and check out. I've heard great things about it as well.

What other crosses are you looking at using the Chiang Mai on? Something that could control the wild side branching and stretch, without altering the flavor or buzz profile much, would be great. Maybe NepJam? It can get out of hand indoors quickly if it's not trimmed up.

Thanks Dubi for all the hard work you do.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you brother :wave:

It's my pleasure to see you testing and enjoying this new Thai x Panama hybrid, i know you are a great lover of Thai Chi so i'm sure you will be also pleased with the outcome of Thai Pan :)

Looks like she is producing really nice colas and resins in less than 2 months of flowering. I would suggest you to lower down a bit the NPK feeding and EC levels as she is showing a bit of burn tips and leaf curling upwards which is usually a sign of PK overfeeding or excessive heat (or both). Yours seem to be a more Thai leaning pheno and Thai Chiang Mai mother doesn't like much strong nutrients.

Here's my Thai Pan, she is currently 58 days from flip under 11.5/12.5 lighting. She's a beauty and I'm starting to get a little excited for this girl. She reminds me of the Thai Chi I ran, the smells are very similar too. She smells like fresh spring air after a thunderstorm if that makes any sense. It's a smell I associate with really nice sativas. Thanks for creating this gem ACE!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81092&pictureid=1971569&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81092&pictureid=1971570&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81092&pictureid=1971573&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81092&pictureid=1971572&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81092&pictureid=1971571&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very happy to hear your Thai x Panama has become your new favorite mother in your garden :comfort:

Wish she stays in your lineup for a long time so you can keep enjoying her. I also love the uplifting, mental and pleasant dreamy effects that this Thai Chiang Mai mother produces in her hybrids.

After Thai Chi, i think i will like to release this Thai x Panama F1 and Golden Tiger Thai dominant 3rd version (Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi Killer) as next year limited editions.

There are some Kali China phenos of Thai Chi (some purple ones) that really keep under control the size of the Thai. I'm mainly interested in making Thai x sativa hybrids with the Thai Chiang Mai mother, i have the feeling that the outcome of Thai Chiang Mai x C5 Haze (reversed) would be amazing too. I also would like to work again with Double Thai and on reproducing pure Chiang Mai on 2020 if we have the chance, time and resources.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

I'm in love with this plant. It's my current favorite cut. It hasn't had a chance for a proper cure, but it's got a lovely limey dankness to it. Nice and flavorful, that you can even taste while smoking with a one hitter.

The buzz leaves you fairly clear headed, but happy and euphoric. When you overindulge, it puts you in a dream like state. There's no raciness anywhere in it. It's just a beautiful buzz to be outdoors and active.

I have a couple of seeds of ThaiChi that I need to pop and check out. I've heard great things about it as well.

What other crosses are you looking at using the Chiang Mai on? Something that could control the wild side branching and stretch, without altering the flavor or buzz profile much, would be great. Maybe NepJam? It can get out of hand indoors quickly if it's not trimmed up.

Thanks Dubi for all the hard work you do.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I could consider moving to Spain if you're hiring :p. Still trying to find a job in organic growing in Belgium, not easy unless you start your own business, which is kinda not easy either when you're broken as fuck ^^

I also would like to work again with Double Thai and on reproducing pure Chiang Mai on 2020 if we have the chance, time and resources.

Latest posts

Latest posts