What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2019

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Totally off topic but...next to the press in your photos in the post before last appears to be an Extract Craft Source Turbo ethanol extractor. I'm contemplating buying one and would like your impression of the unit. PM is fine, I don't want to clutter up your thread.

I usually use mine for edibles, and it works great for that. I have probably paid for it in reclaiming the ethanol alone. I have also used it to re-distill lower proof grain alcohol, useful for those who cant find 95%.

The customer service was great. I sent off an email when mine stopped heating. It was back here, working in less than a week. They paid for all shipping too.

It's kind if small. You can only fit about a cup of liquid in the crucible at once. It's also noisy, the vacuum pump kicks in and startles me sometimes.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Sugar Black Rose is looking good. I'm thinking of using this one as my male and keeping the crosses separate. I like the structure on this one, can't wait to see what it fades out like.
picture.php

The pollen sacks are close to opening. Hopefully there will be plenty of pollen in the next week.
picture.php

Grapey Walter stretched way more than I would have liked. "He" was quite difficult to reverse. Definitely didn't have as many male flowers as the Sugar Black Rose.
picture.php

I will still get a little bit of pollen from this "guy". If I don't use this now, I will try and save it for another project.
picture.php

Dark Purple #1 had a rough start, but sure does have a dark purple color, as advertised. I'm hoping to keep her around long enough to get a few seeds from it.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Group shot of the mothers to be
picture.php

Alaskan Purple #1
picture.php

Alaskan Purple #2
picture.php

Dark Devil #1
picture.php

Dark Purple #2
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Awesome job on the reversal !! I'm gonna be trying that soon. May pick your brain for your methods.

Deprivation

Nice thread,

I shoulda looked harder/sooner to find your posts again. Looks like you have some great choices... I had a hard time keeping things sterile running more than one pollen producer at a time... "who cant tell what dust you just let loose when bumping the fan" lol.

CS is they way to do it... top shelf work.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I had a hard time keeping things sterile running more than one pollen producer at a time... "who cant tell what dust you just let loose when bumping the fan" lol.

Excellent point. In this case I'm doing a mix, so everything will be mixed together and shared as a Feminized Auto Mix (FAM).

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Made up a batch of soil today. I started out with 7.5 gallons of peat moss, 4.5 gallons of perlite, and 3 gallons of fresh EWC. To this I added 2.5 cups of dolomite lime. I set aside a couple gallons of this base mix for seedlings. Then added 2 cups bone meal and 1 cup blood meal, kelp, and greensand. Finally, I wet it down with two gallons of water with fulvic acid and reetha glycerine.
picture.php

The no-till bed got three tablespoons of ground malted barley watered in with fulvic acid, silica, and reetha glycerine.
picture.php

Project DFAM is going well. Sugar Black Rose is dropping pollen, nothing from the Grapey Walter yet.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I also made some activated EM1. 1/4 cup EM1, 1/4 cup molasses and 15.5 cups of RO water. It will ferment for about a week or until pH drops below 3.8.
picture.php

Speaking of pH, I went to calibrate my Blulab pen and the 7.0 calibration succeeded, but the 4.0 calibration said “err”. I keep the sponge wet with storage solution. Maybe I need to clean it? The dang thing is only nine months old

unnamedmike

hi reikox Thank you very much for sharing, as always beautiful plants. If the question is not a problem, why do you leave the em1, molasses and water for a week? :tiphat:

thanks

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Made up a batch of soil today. I started out with 7.5 gallons of peat moss, 4.5 gallons of perlite, and 3 gallons of fresh EWC. To this I added 2.5 cups of dolomite lime. I set aside a couple gallons of this base mix for seedlings. Then added 2 cups bone meal and 1 cup blood meal, kelp, and greensand. Finally, I wet it down with two gallons of water with fulvic acid and reetha glycerine.
View Image

The no-till bed got three tablespoons of ground malted barley watered in with fulvic acid, silica, and reetha glycerine.
View Image

Project DFAM is going well. Sugar Black Rose is dropping pollen, nothing from the Grapey Walter yet.
View Image

Nice, nice and nice..

Where dis you source your ammendments from bro?

I cant find anyone in the uk with down to earth ammendments or espoma.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
hi reikox Thank you very much for sharing, as always beautiful plants. If the question is not a problem, why do you leave the em1, molasses and water for a week? :tiphat:

thanks
I am following the directions on their website. The basic idea is giving the beneficial microorganisms a chance to feed on the molasses and multiply. Basically turning 1/4 cup of EM1 into a gallon.

Nice, nice and nice..

Where dis you source your ammendments from bro?

I cant find anyone in the uk with down to earth ammendments or espoma.
In the US, I got the Epsoma from Home DePot and the DTE from my local hydro store.

unnamedmike

I am following the directions on their website. The basic idea is giving the beneficial microorganisms a chance to feed on the molasses and multiply. Basically turning 1/4 cup of EM1 into a gallon.

Thanks for reply :tiphat: I use EM1 DIY version, but i dont brew more than 2 days yet, at what temp do you brew your em1/molasses/water ?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for reply :tiphat: I use EM1 DIY version, but i dont brew more than 2 days yet, at what temp do you brew your em1/molasses/water ?
The instructions say room temperature, in my case it is in the workshop so a steady 73°F. It's my first time trying EM1, like you I've done the DIY version with rice wash and milk before...

Oh and burb the container or it can blow up!
:laughing:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Mothers got a trim last night.
picture.php

Took a few cuttings last night. Juanita la Lagrimosa, Adonis, and Grass Monkey need to be replaced, they are getting woody stems and too tall. I also took some cutting of JillyBean for a friend.
picture.php

Squished some Cherry Tart too.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I cut down the Grapey Walter and the Sugar Black Rose tonight. The Grapey Walter barely dropped any pollen and I didnt like its structure once it started flowering. They both went directly in the trash.

First I plucked all the open flowers, then I sifted them over a 120 micron screen onto a piece of parchment paper.
picture.php

Next I scraped up the pollen with a razor blade. There is more than enough pollen to make plenty of seeds.
picture.php

The pollen is stored in plastic viles for individual servings. I'll vacuum seal them in mylar bags with desiccant, then vacuum seal that and place in the freezer.
picture.php