What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA strikes Syria again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
back to the playground of YT...

back to the playground of YT...

hm, what happened to my last post? did i forget to submit it, lol.
anyway check this interview with Vanessa Beeley:

[YOUTUBEIF]fXcKn9lKb1c[/YOUTUBEIF]

re posting the video of the witnesses that were supposedly attacked with chemical weapons. the US is saying Russia is forcing the aleged chemical weapons victims to go to the Hague and make these statements in front of the OPCW investigators.

[YOUTUBEIF]kSZrMfdgw64[/YOUTUBEIF]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what i dont get is why are people not just as angry about civilians buried and suffocating in the rubble after conventional bombings? what possible difference does it make if they suffocate from smoke and rubble or chemical weapons, i'm sure it's equally horrific, probably a faster death by chemicals then being buried alive. also whats the difference between the US using depleted uranium munitions all over Iraq and Syria allegedly using chemical weapons? the DU munitions dust will stay there causing birth defects and cancer for the next few thousand years.

M

moose eater

^^^^ Because in order to make ourselves believe we're civilized and 'good,' Gaius, acting on the Supreme Being's behalf, and all of that BS, we've established arbitrary distinctions between bombing from 30,000 ft., using depleted uranium projectiles in our aircrafts' Gatling canons, vaporizing folks with missiles, and bisecting bodies with .50 cal, and/or using scant and obscure methods to establish targets utilizing cell phone traffic that results in neighbors who've been feuding setting each other up, versus attaching vests with explosives to bodies, or (allegedly) dropping chlorine gas drums from low altitude helos, etc.

"-MY- war's cleaner than your war, and when I kill, it's for righteous causes, with GAWD (and Bank of America) on my side!!!" (*Just ask Him.... and them..) ;^>)

43 years ago I called up a police station in the Mid-West, where I was living, that had a rep for unjustified 'accidental' shootings. They'd just shot a fellow accused of dealing hash and speed, for what amounted to the crime of booting the UCs out his front door after they'd offended him (*They tended to offend a lot of folks in their rouse as 'drug buyers," seemingly lacking even as much etiquette as the average doper, even when they tried to play one). (*After they shot the poor bastard, they found antihistamines in his trailer!!!.. No hash, no speed....).

It had come to my attention that (from what I understood) hollow-point cartridges were forbidden by the Geneva Convention, but the cops were carrying hollow-points in the event I phoned them about, and hot home-loads at that. The fellow was pretty messed up, with a hole through his lung from the front, exiting his back, and clearing the walls of the trailer next to his, bouncing off the 2nd trailer.

We live in a world Gaius where folks draw arbitrary distinctions between the enlarged exit wounds of a hollow-point slug, and the ripping and shredding of flesh caused by the jagged shrapnel-like fragments from a Flechette (spelling?) round.

You have to wonder about the general mental health or sanity of folks who sit at blackboards, and draw such strange and arbitrary lines.

jidoka

And Israel’s white phosphorous bombs are allowed...I assume under the fire and brimstone our god is better than your god clause

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hollow-point bullets ARE forbidden by the Geneva Convention. BUT...(always is one, huh) that only refers to MILITARY use in warfare, not by law enforcement. sure, you could claim that they are fighting the "drug war" but semantics never won fair lady. comparing apples with oranges. in a military conflict, wounding an opposing soldier ties up far more resources than killing him. LEO has NEVER been required to follow the Geneva protocols.:ying:

M

moose eater

Exactly.

We draw arbitrary distinctions where, in this case and likely others, our domestic law enforcement are permitted to treat the citizenry they serve, with less humanity than the law requires our military treat a declared enemy in war. Not that we actually declare many 'wars' any more. 'Police actions' or 'interventions' being far more popular with the shifting of responsibility from the Legislative branch to the Administrative branch. ;^>)

And of course, many folks in such positions, whether International or domestic, cheat, and violate the 'rules of engagement.'

But it's the other guy's cheating that counts most. ;^>)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
And of course, many folks in such positions, whether International or domestic, cheat, and violate the 'rules of engagement.'

But it's the other guy's cheating that counts most. ;^>)

yup. if i remember correctly (happens less as i age) shotguns were also verboten, but very popular in the trench warfare of WW1 & the jungles of viet nam... viet nam, of course, was a "police action".

M

moose eater

Yep. Emphasis being on Gaius' message about the arbitrary nature.

The depleted uranium rounds pierce all sorts of stuff, like slicing through butter, including Canadian APCs (U.S. Air Guard A-10s x's 2 in Afghanistan fairly early on violated protocol, rolled in without clarification of friendlies in the area, wing man felt obligated to follow the lead of the John Wayne fool in the first aircraft, rather than leaving him out to dry <which he deserved for performing that way>, and they lit up the Canucks badly).

These radioactive heavy metal projectiles are cluttering up the desert and elsewhere in ways that there will be radiation in those places for who knows how long.

The Pat Tillman clusterfuck, and the efforts to turn it into some kind of heroism moment to rally more of our kids to join this BS.

But a shotgun and a hollow-point are inhumane...

Again, the folks who draw this stuff up, might as well discuss which way to best torture a fly before pulling its wings off and burning it with a lighter.. Sociopaths in prestigious positions. "They ain't right in the head" "Their cheese has done slid off its cracka'...."

They seem to lack any sense of soulfulness or obligation toward answering to the Greater Universe. They claim to fight for morality and decency, but apparently have little clue as to what those things are, as they make their determinations from desks in D.C., or Aberdeen, sipping canned coffee and Slurpees, and listening to too much John Phillip Souza march music..

Most of the places our Nation is launching these things into, never attacked us until we entered their lands with military forces. And the source Country of the folks that -did- attack this Nation, the Saudis, just got themselves renewed legal protections under a 200 year old law, and a pro-corporatist/globalist Supreme Court.

I don't put my hand over my heart or stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, let alone recite it, and haven't for many years, but I'll stand all day for the reciting of the Bill of Rights.

Toxic nationalism, versus justice and balance.

And I cry a little bit some times, albeit quietly, when 'America the Beautiful' plays.

I won't ever support my kids joining such bodies and killing foreign tyrants because domestic tyrants told them to..

Ttystikk

America's interest in Syria is oil. We don't REALLY give a shit about who kills who or what they use to do it with, we just want an excuse to continue the ongoing war crime of our 'humanitarian mission'.

EasyGoing

America's interest in Syria is oil. We don't REALLY give a shit about who kills who or what they use to do it with, we just want an excuse to continue the ongoing war crime of our 'humanitarian mission'.

Why? When we are an oil exporter now? China is the largest oil importer........

Cannavore

Veteran
American foreign policy is based on the petro-dollar and what our allies (Saudi, Qatar, Israel, Turkey, ect) want. We don't give a shit about freedom or humanitarianism. If we did, we wouldn't be allied with the Saudis, or support 70% of the world's dictatorships.

it's quite simple
2016.10.24%20-%20Syria%204.jpg

EasyGoing

It's about oil!

No it's about natural gas!

lol.

American foreign policy is based on the petro-dollar and what our allies (Saudi, Qatar, Israel, Turkey, ect) want. We don't give a shit about freedom or humanitarianism. If we did, we wouldn't be allied with the Saudis, or support 70% of the world's dictatorships.

it's quite simple
View Image

Is that why we gave Iran 4 billion dollars in cash on crates?

Cannavore

Veteran
Russia's sole allies in the region are Iran & Syria. Russia makes most of it's money selling oil to Europe. Assad was winning the war. Making any sense yet?

Source on giving Iran $4 billion dollars?

Last edited:

EasyGoing

Russia's sole allies in the region are Iran & Syria. Russia makes most of it's money selling oil to Europe. Assad was winning the war. Making any sense yet?

Source on giving Iran $4 billion dollars?

No, you are not making sense yet......

I was a little off also. It was 1.7 billion in cash and 56-150 billion in lifted sanctions back to Iran. Depending on what source your ask.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...nald-trump-iran-150-billion-and-18-billion-c/
It was called the Iran nuclear deal, it was very big news. How could you have missed that?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
It's about oil!

No it's about natural gas!

lol.

Is that why we gave Iran 4 billion dollars in cash on crates?

you gave Iran nothing, you returned stolen property. Iran paid huge sums of money for military gear and the US changed it's mind and kept the money ever since the Iranian revolution. so "you" gave nothing to Iran, you paid them back their money as part of a deal for them to freeze nuclear weapons development.

EasyGoing

you gave Iran nothing, you returned stolen property. Iran paid huge sums of money for military gear and the US changed it's mind and kept the money ever since the Iranian revolution. so "you" gave nothing to Iran, you paid them back their money as part of a deal for them to freeze nuclear weapons development.

No, we gave them 1.7 billion in us cash........

the remaining amount was with sanctions........

Did you not even read the links? You not familiar with the Iran Nuclear deal? This is just crazy, I would have thought everybody would have known about this...... Our hard earned tax dollars given to a terrorist nation. I guess I was the only one......

Dont forget one fact about the Iran Nuclear deal..... They sent cash....... Because it was illegal to use the banking system with Iran, because they are a terrorist nation....... The sanction money was allowed through the banks, because that is how it was taken. The cash however, was a nice tip from US tax payers.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
No, we gave them 1.7 billion in us cash........

the remaining amount was with sanctions........

Did you not even read the links? You not familiar with the Iran Nuclear deal? This is just crazy, I would have thought everybody would have known about this...... Our hard earned tax dollars given to a terrorist nation. I guess I was the only one......

Dont forget one fact about the Iran Nuclear deal..... They sent cash....... Because it was illegal to use the banking system with Iran, because they are a terrorist nation....... The sanction money was allowed through the banks, because that is how it was taken. The cash however, was a nice tip from US tax payers.

roflmafao.......

do you even read to the end of your own link?

it says right there the money was agreed as a refund for money the US kept in an arms deal and didnt deliver the arms, planes it was as far as i remember lol.

quoted from your link:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...nald-trump-iran-150-billion-and-18-billion-c/ ---- (remove the s from https then copy paste it in new window to make it work)

The Congressional Research Service, the nonpartisan analytic arm of Congress, reviewed this cash transfer in a 2018 report. It gave a total of $1.7 billion.

That was the amount that U.S. and Iranian negotiators settled on to resolve an arms contract between the United States and Iran that predated the Iranian revolution in 1979. Iran had paid for military equipment, and it was never delivered.

As of 1990, there were $400 million in that account. Negotiators agreed that accrued interest would add $1.3 billion to the amount, which is a lot of money — but 25 years is a long time for interest to build up the balance.

The United States sent the money to Iran in euros, Swiss francs and other currencies. Trump embellished when he mentioned barrels and boxes. Reports at the time said the money was packed and loaded onto pallets, similar to how other bulk goods are shipped.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts