What's new

USA strikes Syria again

M

moose eater

In my opinion, the massive monitoring of all communications, and the rest of the intrusive fascism/tyranny, shouldn't instill fear, but rather awareness..

The folks in power, in many places on the globe, hope such knowledge of their tools and tactics will chill dissent, speech, etc.

Bullies rely on intimidation, however direct or indirect. Fear is the enemy, awareness, imo, is the better tool.

My personal navigation of this stuff has concluded in the thought that I shouldn't knowingly do stupid, brazen shit in front of them (what ever 'in front of' includes), but accept that life has risks and has always been terminal from the outset.. Cowering, versus living freely knowing that it's all limited in time.

One of the most freeing lines I ever heard in a movie, and thought about later to the point of it being powerfully calming in a way, was in the movie 'Savages' when they're on the way to a serious confrontation/action, & the vet says to his Zen Buddhist partner, "You were dead the day you were born."

If you view your liberty from that standpoint, in my opinion, then there's nothing they can take from you that wasn't already time-limited to begin with. Just a matter of time and honor... and how you exit the place.

Spaventa

Veteran
truth is stranger than fiction

It really is. Im reminded of it a lot these days. Everything is upside down and back to front - Attitudes, social trends and fashions are getting more repulsive and bizarre by the day. Utter shit is sold as "Ironic" in a real life enactment of "The Emperors new clothes". Ugly is the new beautiful, dysfunction is the new normal and wrong is the new right.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Or you could give the USA back to its rightful owners lol lol,,,,
Avoid the civil war,,,,,stand up in the classrooms and salute the union jack,,,
just joking of course,,,,,

i did not know that the American Indians flew the Union Jack.:laughing: the Spanish, French, and(apparently) Vikings ALL beat the British to the "new" world...:biggrin:

M

moose eater

From what I understood, any digital device with speakers can be used as a bug now.

Questionable meetings? Remove battery from phone, and leave phone in place not near discussions.

Don't use vehicles with On-Star on-board..

Talk outside, away from devices.

I know this sounds paranoid, but addresses the list of 'possibles.'

Of course, the balancing factor is, "How likely is it that someone wants to look at YOU, specifically (whom ever), and are you high enough on what ever list of persons to warrant using limited resources?"

I suspect most of us are not.

Still, the old adage, "Don't feed the animals" is a generally wise rule.

Spaventa

Veteran
"How likely is it that someone wants to look at YOU

If you are someone exposing them and making a nuisance of yourself, very likely.
Its likely if you are interested in and google and youtube things like Russia, right leaning politics, alternative health, blood groups, 911 etc.

However, If you are a terrorist, a satanist or pedovore, you are safe.

troutman

Seed Whore
If you pretend you're retarded most people will leave you alone.

IDYevDg.gif

M

moose eater

I'm Agnostic. I must be everyone's friend?? ;^>)

But seriously, how many persons in the world are there who are examining alternative views to the mainstream, and speaking openly on-line re. tyranny? I'd wager millions, if not a billion or more, to one degree or another.

Local lists of 'who's a pain in the ass,' may cumulatively be lengthy, but they're not representative of a 'who's who' in the stifle-that-person world of alphabet soup agencies..

I've been involved in any number of actions/organizing events where we questioned the current direction in the world/country/State/etc., and while I'm sure we've been under surveillance and/or infiltrated a time or three (for a known fact), it's been of scant consequence.. for now..

My point being, while many agencies (both fed and state) operate on a less-focused, catch-as-catch-can basis, where interventions and arrests are concerned, those agencies that operate on a more focused basis seem to have much bigger fish to fry, when those agencies act competently at all.

In the grand scheme of things, I think I'm a relative 'nobody,' despite numerous organizing events and actions in the past.

CaptainDankness

My mrs has a FB account. Its hardly been used so nothing important on hers anyway but even if there was, leaving FB now wouldn't really make much difference if you already shared everything on there already. In fact, they collect and keep data on people who never even joined FB.

Not to mention you are fucked no matter what you do online, it's all being recorded. You got something to hide the internet is not really the place, of course the feds don't care about a few plants.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and they found another actor in the staged excuse to attack and probably soon invade even more of Syria then the US is already occupying like a thief.

[YOUTUBEIF]a8aWlZjIJ0g[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
They ain't fooling us, but just think of the billions of people that are being fooled by this contrived drama that could spark a 3rd World War....

It makes you question everything you were ever taught in a state school, or might have ever thought true due to what you heard thru the main-stream media.

M

moose eater

During the Cold War, we ridiculed the Iron Curtain over state-approved media, and lack of accurate and educational information. But we've sometimes been lax in accurizing our own Government's PR, and seldom question the alliance between Gov and corporate media (again, search CIA affiliations in the media, if such searches still reveal good resources).

I dubbed our unholy alliance between the Press and the Gov a few years back as 'The Polymer Curtain.' Unlike the iron Curtain, it doesn't rust or deteriorate as readily. ;^>)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
During the Cold War, we ridiculed the Iron Curtain over state-approved media, and lack of accurate and educational information. But we've sometimes been lax in accurizing our own Government's PR, and seldom question the alliance between Gov and corporate media (again, search CIA affiliations in the media, if such searches still reveal good resources).

I dubbed our unholy alliance between the Press and the Gov a few years back as 'The Polymer Curtain.' Unlike the iron Curtain, it doesn't rust or deteriorate as readily. ;^>)

You're right on the money. After the second world war, Edward Bernays, the father of Public Relations, and incidentally Sigmund Freud's nephew, was hired by the US Government to start their own Propaganda Department. Bernays though the word "Propaganda" had too much of a Nazi connotation so he renamed it "Public Relations".

Gry

Veteran
DIck Cheney referred to it with pride as 'the mighty Wurlitzer'.
He actually used to enjoy bragging about how much was being spent in billlions pumping bunk to us.
Don't touch that dial !

Rondon

You're right on the money. After the second world war, Edward Bernays, the father of Public Relations, and incidentally Sigmund Freud's nephew, was hired by the US Government to start their own Propaganda Department. Bernays though the word "Propaganda" had too much of a Nazi connotation so he renamed it "Public Relations".

I did not know that. But I know of which you speak. And it makes alot of sense. Lemme check this out. Good post

Rondon

DIck Cheney referred to it with pride as 'the mighty Wurlitzer'.
He actually used to enjoy bragging about how much was being spent in billlions pumping bunk to us.
Don't touch that dial !

Iam the slime from your video...oozing along on your living room floor....F. Zappa