What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turntable grow

methias

I neglected to say. the buckets are 2 gallon buckets. about 10" tall.
just spray painted black to reduce light inside.
and

Thank you

SuperBadGrower

Awesome stuff you have going, I love the creativity. :)
Have you ever come across "selective light training"? AFAIK it's just one guy doing it. If you google that in quotes, you'll find his posts on reddit forums. He wraps blue strip LEDs around the stems to create incredibly short internodes.

Seems super interesting to me and seeing this thread it might be something that you would like to try.

methias

It works.

It works.

I thought I should do an April 14 (I know) update pic of the clone box

I only lost one! :dance013:

The lady in the pot (Venom OG) is now on my turntable with four main branches. Right next to her is a Sour Kosher (feminized ?) seedling. Both went to 12/12 last Tuesday.

I had to find homes for them except for one Double Dream, that I plan to flower next cycle. People heard free and gave them homes.

Vape on.:tiphat:

Attachments

• _20190527_093855.jpg
    _20190527_093855.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 26

methias

Flower box

Flower box

OK, a shot of the two in the flower box. Taken 5/21/19.

Eight weeks to go.
I took two cuttings from the Sour Kosher and put them on the cloning bucket this morning. I've never tried feminized seeds before and if it is a lady, I'd like to have backups to grow.

Gotta say,
Cloning bucket, GOOD
:woohoo:

Trying to catch up on the pics,

Vape on,

Attachments

• _20190527_105854.jpg
    _20190527_105854.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 27

methias

Red dawn and dusk

Red dawn and dusk

Things are a little slow at work so I have some time to play here.

Currently on the turntable I have a (cloned) Venom OG and a (feminized? Seedling ) Sour Kosher. We went 12/12 8 days ago and they are stretching nicely. The clone is showing hairs but the other is just growing quickly so far.
I have a 50 watt Deep Red COB and 3 DIY quantum boards made of deep red strip led's mounted on aluminum sheets. The red comes on 15 minutes before all other lights switch on and remain on for an additional 15 minutes after lights out. I have read that doing this with deep red help the plant both wake up and go to sleep more naturally,,,,,.

Now I am always making little improvements to my grow box and so I can't be absolutely 100% positive that the red is fully responsible for the increase in my yields. Things did however ramp up when I added the red COB & strip QB's.

:tiphat:
Vape on.

methias

11 days of 12/12

11 days of 12/12

HI all,
Just time for a quick update.

I had to raise the center light a bit already due to stretch. The first one is with the red and full spectrum lights off.
Vape on.

methias

14 days of 12/12

14 days of 12/12

Welcome back.

I have a couple of pics of whats spinning in my cabinet. For these pics I shut off all full spectrum cobs and all deep red so we can see true colors.
Here is a look at the SK outside the box. When she went in she was only 6-7 inches tall. stretched nicely.

Next is my V OG (with the SK out of the way) wrapping around the center tube light.

And lastly a shot of both on the turntable again. The SK (on the right side) is just shooting up. I have to raise the center light to keep the SK from hanging up on the wire light support. But as you can see light gets to every single leaf.

:biggrin: Six (or so) weeks to go.

Oh, I love those yellow whitefly traps. I use neem seed meal in the soil but these catch the errant gnats and any other critter that slips in when I am watering without chemicals.

Vape on.