What's new

American nutes vs. Dutch nutes

CaliNewby

Have been reading and learning a lot on this forum, and many thanks everybody for the information! Anybody out there can tell me which one is better? Dutch or American nutes? it seems they are 2 very dinstinctive styles. Any benefits or disadvantages to either one?

aquavitae

its difficult to deduce advantages or disadvantages from the geographic origin of the nutrient company, you should judge them by the quality of their products.

one advantage that you can profit from is that depending of your location, one or the other may be easier to source and more environtmental friendly.

CaliNewby

I noticed that most american brand nutrients are 3 - parts and most Dutch nutrients are 2 parts. This is what got me wondering

Absolem

Not all chemicals play friendly together.

Two part nutrient solutions will be divided into two groups.
The veg formula usually listed as "A" will contain your N,K,Ca,Mg, and some micros. The bloom formula listed as "B" will contain P,K,S,Mg and some micros.

In three part fertilizers the veg formula is split into two bottles. One will contain N,Ca,Mg some K and your micros, for example GH micro. The bloom formula or "B" will stay the same it will contain P,K,S,Mg and some micros. If you look at GH grow formula it contains some N but lots of K. The three part is supposed to allow more flexibility for it's users

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I noticed that most american brand nutrients are 3 - parts and most Dutch nutrients are 2 parts. This is what got me wondering

You can also buy very good 1 part Nutrient, Ionic from growth technology. Now I use GHE 3 part, but spent many happy years using Canna

The real answer, is the one that works for you, in your garden, for how you grow.

So,carefully test a few, side by side, and see how you get on.

I spent a coupe of hours speaking to the technical director of growth technology and he told me, unofficially, not GT company policy, just a friendly grower to grower chat, that "all the nutrients on the market are within 5% of each other"

He also explained why his coco nutrient genuinely outperformed any other on the market with a very genuine explanation.. Organic additives, Fulvic acid and other things

I spent a coupe of hours speaking to the technical director of growth technology and he told me, unofficially, not GT company policy, just a friendly grower to grower chat, that "all the nutrients on the market are within 5% of each other"

He also explained why his coco nutrient genuinely outperformed any other on the market with a very genuine explanation.. Organic additives, Fulvic acid and other things

If they are within 5% of each other is his coco nute outperforming by 5% or what? Pretty sure all or at least most nutes have organic additives and fulvic etc

I'm far from a top grower, so I don't push my plants to their nutritional limit, but I've tried many a brand and the only one I personally saw an increase in size and yield was flairform bloom 2-2-6 (one part)

Otherwise house and garden, canna, gh, nutrifield etc are just same shit slightly different smell to me

Latest posts

Latest posts