What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Backyard Bubble Boat Bulk ice water extraction

:woohoo:This is a cold water extraction system I designed after toiling over a washing machine for a few years. There were several intermediate incarnations but this version has been stable for awhile now and works well.
One 8' cattle trough that holds about 300 gallons of cold water, (supplied by 2- 15cf chest freezers). Agitation is provided by 2 Kota trolling motors 55lb's thrust- variable speed. I can run as much as 10 kilos at a time and agitated about 30min. Not counting prep and the time it takes for chilling the water a run takes about 4 hours with clean up. I was able to get an average return of 7% farmer grade on trim. I use 3 custom made bags- 270 - 125m and collect everything from the 24m. The course bag requires a compound pulley to lift so one person can move it into a wheelbarrow. Notice the collection cone at the bottom of the screens, it allows the hash to be easily collected into one place, drained and then retrieved by turning the bag inside out.
Your thoughts?
-Siskiyou Sam
(not to be confused with Skunkman Sam, whose pipes I am unworthy to clean)

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 11
  • hash.jpg
    hash.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 10

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha that's awesome best use of trolling motors ever ......yeehaw,,my thoughts are,, somewhere there is gonna be some thirsty livestock as some troughs are gonna go missing....nicely done ..makes me wish I dint get rid of my trolling motors now lol..what was the cost for custom bags???

Ollie

Veteran
Big up,

For huge runs, prior to Rosin this could be the way for some.

I would suppose for straight Bubble, the exposed time in the water will sacrifice (wash-out) water soluble terpenes faster/more, than quick 2 min runs, ala what Frenchy for instance does, even tought He sometimes presoak the material a bit if its "to dry" prior to washing, to minimize leaf matter contamination.

Keep it up

bd0t

Love the creativity. Its going to be neat seeing what people come up with as a step up from the washing machine routine

Tynehead Tom

pure genius ;)
thanx for posting this. I want to run most of my outdoor into water hash this season. I even have a couple minn kota trolling motors :D
might try an rig up something like that. Cup fulls of trichomes.. Luv it!!

Gry

Veteran
Looks neat as can be to me. Looking at the view you have with the second picture, really nice. Enjoy in good health. Thank you for sharing.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BreedSteve posted a stainless cone bottom vat on Instagram today.

It's worth signing up to IG just to see him rock out with his cock out on that incomprehensible of a scale.