What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Police can't extend traffic stop awaiting drug dog

I read that a company is working on a roadside saliva test for drugs.
Do you have info about this? Like a news article you can point us to? I have no clue if THC is in saliva if someone smokes a joint a few hours earlier (or at all).

I wonder how it would work, because in states that have Cannabis DUI laws, like WA, it's by ng of THC in blood. I wonder if the states would have to change the DUI laws or if the company can correlate THC in saliva (if that's even possible to test for THC in saliva) to THC in the blood.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I think where people will have room to contest use of drug dogs for something like being puller over for speeding or broken tail light is when the officer that pulls the person over is not a K-9 unit.
It almost seems that most drug busts on the interstates here are the result of K9 units and I’m sure with quite a few of them there is no reason for the K9 unit to be there (probable cause). It almost seems that profiling may be a “type” of probable cause and somehow the dogs show up out of nowhere.

If you read the link I posted, the Ohio Highway Patrol has 34 K9 units alone and I’m sure these are concentrated on specific thoroughfares.

vostok

Veteran
^^^ Go- Pro Camera Amazon:

61FJgUAiHJL._SL1000_.jpg

GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Price:$394.00 & FREE Shipping

Professional-grade full HD video up to 1080p
60 frames per second option in 720p and WVGA resolutions provides liquid smooth slow motion playback
Videos can be easily edited with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker
Industry's widest angle (170º) and sharpest lens captures more of the scene, including you
Includes easy-to-apply mounts for attaching camera to any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any vehicle.
Impact-resistant housing is waterproof to 180 ft (60 meters)

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDNH-001-HD-Hero-Naked/dp/B0030ZESEQ

DickAnubis

Beta, in WA do you know how they go about testing for a reefer dui?
Is it a saliva test or would I be in the right to pee on my local constable?

Everything is always so complcated?
The only time I was stopped for a suspected dui was one time in college. I had been taking a hit or two of acid everyday for the semester so I was in a constant state of, well alternative reality.
I was rolling along when two cherries lit up in my rearview.
The way the lines had turned to dots and the trees whipped by I figured I might have been a tad over the speed limit.
When the state tropper asked me if I was having car trouble I wasn't sure how to respond.
He said;"Son, if you're going to drive 15 miles per hour, you'll have to get off the interstate."
I don't even think he checked my license.
Today I would have been put through an anal probe dna scrub and asked to touch my elbow to my forehead.
Not unreasonable if you're to be wed on Alpha Ceti Five but for a bit of jittery driving?
Uh-oh, I believe the maple syrup I used on my french toast has activated.
Please excuse off topic tangential babblings.

DA

Last edited:
Beta, in WA do you know how they go about testing for a reefer dui?
Is it a saliva test or would I be in the right to pee on my local constable?
It's a blood test, so a blood sample is taken; how it's taken I don't know. And takes hours. I don't know the whole process, but first they do a breathalyzer I think, to make sure it's not booze, then go for blood test.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saliva swabs are a reality. They're being used for pre employment drug screens because they can tell the tester if cannabis has been used in the previous 6 or so hours. However, they cannot be used to determin quantities. Blood must be used for such.

In the event a person is pulled over and threatened with a dui drug test, the person still has the right to refuse the test. This is a Fifth Amendment Right to not incriminating yourself.

You may loose your license but without evidence prosecution is very difficult without your admittance.

They still threaten with this. Im sure to scare you into admitting. The amount of resources it would take to pull this off is simply a waste unless they think you're carrying enough to supply the town.

Latest posts

Latest posts