What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana is here; let’s regulate it

Jhhnn

Veteran
No matter what laws get passed, I expect the powers that be to make a mess of it. I intend to always hide my growing. Been that way for over forty years now. I'm used to it. But irregardless of who ultimately gets to grow and sell cannabis, once the smell of pot smoke is no longer a legitimate reason for the police to come to my door, I'll call that a significant improvement.

Indeed. And that's what we've achieved in CO. The only way they're coming after small growers is from the commerce side of it & the growing in national forests side of it. Stuff like that. The house catches on fire & you're over plant counts. You're reeking out the neighborhood with obviously more than a few plants. The cops have other reasons to enter or somebody gets flimflammed into letting them. They won't even ask unless you give them reason, and the smell of ganja smoke isn't it.

It'd be nice to grow outdoors. I'm sure that more than a few people are but my location won't permit it. I have yet to get a straight answer from anybody about what the penalty might be for having an otherwise legal grow. Inside growing needs to be totally discreet, as you offer, simply so as to not invite trouble from anybody. It's not hard. Good carbon filters & attention to detail are all that's required. I keep a spare, ya know?

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
AZ

AZ

MPP is working on wording for rec in 2016. It appears that at the 11th hr. they decided to pull home grow. Safer Arizona has accused them selling out to dispensary owners and have called for a boycott of several dispensarys. They also have asked for donations of 20,000 from the dispensarys (ea.)

Jhhnn

Veteran
MPP is working on wording for rec in 2016. It appears that at the 11th hr. they decided to pull home grow. Safer Arizona has accused them selling out to dispensary owners and have called for a boycott of several dispensarys. They also have asked for donations of 20,000 from the dispensarys (ea.)

I hope that's not true. Anonymous home growing is the heart of legalization, the part that keeps everybody honest to one degree or another. It rules out all kinds of exploitative bullshit & backsliding.

OTC prices too high? Fuck 'em. Just grow your own & stay legal at the same time. Live in an area like Colorado Springs where they won't allow retail? Fuck them too. Stick to legal plant counts & you're invulnerable to their bullshit. They can't touch you.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
... Is the local dispensary stock inadequate for your specific needs? Fuck 'em. Grow your own and find the plants that work for you.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran

MPP was perfectly fine with NOT ALLOWING med patients being able to grow their too when the legislation passed the new dispensary bill in Nevada during their last session even tho our state constitution clearly says we have a right to grow the plant. Not just pieces and parts. Violating a patients constitutional rights is just fine with them.
Fuck MPP. Any marijuana advocacy group that actively supports dispensaries over patients rights as irrelevant.
They aren't helping anyone but themselves. They just want to have their orgainizations name attached to a piece of legislation regardless of the outcome. Once again, FUCK MPP!!!