What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Molecular 3D Printer Can Create Billions of Compounds - Including THC and CBD

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
File Under: Interesting & You'd better start saving your lunch money

University of Illinois researchers have created a device, called a Molecular-Machine, which essentially manufactures on the molecular compound level. Martin Burke, the lead researcher on this project says that they are already able to synthesize over a billion different compounds with the machine, compounds which up until now have been very difficult to synthesize. The impact on the pharmaceutical industry could be staggering.

Found on Slashdot...

Read more here :
http://www.hhmi.org/news/3d-printer-small-molecules-opens-access-customized-chemistry

DrFever

Veteran
there using 3D printers to make human organs i see why not it cannot make anything else its needs a copy put a bud on it and make 1000 pounds of Daank

armedoldhippy

Veteran
could they print up a few sheets of some really clean orange barrel, or some psilocybin? "better living through chemistry":dance013:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
could they print up a few sheets of some really clean orange barrel, or some psilocybin? "better living through chemistry":dance013:

It's easy to "print" your own psilocybin if you have a few weeks and some extra space. :) Psilacetin (the acetyl analogue of psilocybin) is even better and still legal somehow.

I bet this molecular printer would make some awesome paper or geltabs. :) How would the drug laws be enforced if this printer was cheap and available? Maybe they'll try banning this whole class of machines.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I've been waiting for this. Now, if it can make a piece of ass, I'll be in heaven. Blonde, brunette, redhead...I'll take one of each...and make them 19 years old please. Pre-waxed.
Check that: skip the wax on the redhead. I could dig some fire in the hole.....

snake11

It's easy to "print" your own psilocybin if you have a few weeks and some extra space. :) Psilacetin (the acetyl analogue of psilocybin) is even better and still legal somehow.

Wouldn't psilacetin be illegal under the Federal Analog Act?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I've been waiting for this. Now, if it can make a piece of ass, I'll be in heaven. Blonde, brunette, redhead...I'll take one of each...and make them 19 years old please. Pre-waxed.

you can already order those from Japan. I saw some that sold for over 6Gs. made entirely from surgical grade silicon, and come with 4 different color wigs, and taped voices that apparently synchronize with whatever you are doing to them at the moment.:biggrin: apparently they are big sellers among officers in their merchant marine fleet. come complete with vibrating oral features etc...:woohoo:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
whats next ?

the sex robots...

you know there coming hehehah

there is already talk of putting them on the market, complete with arguments over whether small models resembling children should be sold to child molesters to keep them from bothering real kids...facts are MUCH stranger than fiction.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Next thing you know they will be selling them bundled with pikal and tikal on QVC

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wouldn't psilacetin be illegal under the Federal Analog Act?

Not when it's sold as a "research chemical". It's legal as long as it says not for human consumption on the label.

This was the same reason drugs like mephedrone and MDPV were sold as "bath salts" or "plant food". They were sold legally online like that until they were banned specifically.