What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Reserva Privada Grow Log

R

!RA!

Sour Sage Smell Amazing

Sour Sage Smell Amazing

3/1/2015

On day 25 of flower with the Sour Sage and had to do some weaving this morning to keep the height manageable. They are definitely starting to get their terpene on; the smell reminds me of Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce. Gonna be some good smoke from these girls. The Glass Slipper and Mammoth are on day 15 and the buds are starting to get a little bigger. Not much of a scent yet from those, but it's still early in the game. Kind of psyched to see how big the colas get on the Mammoth, RP advertises "colas the size of your calf", so we'll see on that.

Still on the same nutrient regimen as before with one small addition, Nitrogen. Was seeing a little yellowing on all strains, so added a 2 ML/gal of Nature's Nectar Nitrogen and they seem to be responding well. Will have to keep an eye on that. In 10 days I'll be giving the Sour Sage some Canna PK 13/14 to trick them into thinking they're dying. Just gonna do 1 week with that, same for the other 2 strains. Hopefully that will increase the bud size/density.

The clones are coming along pretty well too. Just like with the seedlings, the Sour Sage is reaching for the sky. Next week they go in bigger pots and under a bigger CFL, then off to the veg tent. Here they are.

:woohoo:

R

!RA!

Progress, but had a heat stress issue

Progress, but had a heat stress issue

3/8/2015

They're still progressing pretty well, but had an issue with heat stress.I noticed some of the upper leaves curling up and looking sad. Had to move the lights up about a foot, and they seem to be doing better since I did that. Also started giving them some Botanicaire Silica Blast to help them recover. Sour Sage (day 32) flowers are definitely gaining in size; Glass Slipper and Mammoth (day 22) are starting to get bigger too. Still the same nutes with the exception of the silica.

Transplanted the clones into bigger pots and put them under a bigger CFL. Also started them on half-strength Lucas Formula for coco, just like their big sisters are getting. Anyway, here they are. Keep lurking and please, no replies!!

R

!RA!

Reserva Privada March Madness

Reserva Privada March Madness

3/15/2015

Started the Sour Sage on Canna PK 13/14 on Wed. 3/11 and the buds look like they're fattening up a bit. Still seeing some upper leaves looking like they're either heat or nutrient burned, but the overall majority look OK. I'm pruning the ones that look unhealthy, not sure if this is a normal thing or if I'm missing or overdoing something nutrient-wise. Canopy temperature is between 79 and 82 degrees during lights on and all strains are about 14" from the lights, RH fluctuates between 50-60%. If anyone has any ideas please chime in. They are really smelling amazing now, can't wait to see how they finish.

The Mammoth and Glass Slipper are looking nice and healthy and the buds are slowly getting bigger. I'm noticing that the Glass Slipper and Mammoth are some heavy feeders during flower so far (they're on day 29). I'll be starting them on the same PK booster a week from today, hopefully they'll respond like the Sour Sage have. The clones are doing great, changed them over to full strength Lucas Formula for coco Thurs. 3/12 and they are eating it up. Also took a few cuttings from the Mammoth and Glass Slipper last Mon. 3/9 to experiment with monster cropping. Have them in my small DWC cloner with a little Clonex. No roots showing as of today, but I've heard it's hit or miss with monster cloning and roots can take as long as 3 weeks to develop. Took them from the best looking phenos, so even if I get one to work I'm think it'll produce a nice branchy, bushy mother. That's all for today, here are the ladies:

R

!RA!

Getting There

Getting There

3/22/2015

Well, back again for another round. The Sour Sage (day 46) really responded to the PK boosta. The picture below with a Solo cup next to the cola gives some perspective. Really like how these are progressing. Smell is awesome, still reminds of sweet and sour sauce. The Mammoth and Glass Slipper (day 36) got their first drink of PK this morning, so I'm hoping for similar results, we'll see. Seeing some nice trichome development on all 3 strains, but the Sour Sage are definitely further along.

The clones will be transplanted this week and put into the veg tent. Definitely going to flip the Sour Sage earlier this time and use a floor, instead of ceiling-mounted trellis to keep the height more manageable. I swear if I move the light up 6" in the morning, they'll have stretched up to it by nightfall. Very vigorous vegetative growth and the same in the first few weeks of flower.

On a side note, I'll be starting all of my next runs in soil. I'll finish these clones in coco though, since that's what they started in and they're used to it. I just finished a book called True Living Organics by someone who goes by the name The Rev. Really opened my eyes to the organic scene and made a lot of sense. Started another book yesterday called Teaming with Microbes and I'm starting to learn that it may be better to feed the soil and let the plant eat what it needs when it needs it, rather than force feeding it what I think it needs. If anyone's tried TLO growing I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Here are the ladies:

R

!RA!

Updates Galore

Updates Galore

A week has passed since my last update so here goes. Sour Sage are on day 53 of flower and are starting to sugar up nicely. The smell in the flower room is great, can't wait to harvest these fine ladies. Glass Slipper and Mammoth are in day 43 and are are developing pretty well. Getting frostier and stankier every day. I took some closeups of the flowers on each strain and to show you. As usual I don't expect any replies, seems like I'm kind of a pariah here, so I'm doing this for my own records and learning. I think the Glass Slipper and Mammoth are heat stressed, upper leaves are curling up. Not much I can do at this point, the lights are as high up as I can get them and there's just no weaving or lowering them anymore, they're way too stout to bend without damaging them. Anyway enough ranting, here are the girls.

Last edited:
R

!RA!

2nd & 3rd Generation RP

2nd & 3rd Generation RP

Took some cuttings from my first generation of Sour Sage clones last week and put them in the bubbla, so this will be generation 3 on those girls. Also monster cropped a few Glass Slippers and Mammoths which are showing some root growth. The original Glass Slipper and Mammoth clones need a bit more time in veg, so I'm gonna let them get a bit taller before flipping them. Kind of psyched to see if this monster cropping thing is as advertised, plants are supposed to get really branchy and bushy so we'll see on that.

Also flipped the 1st gen Sour Sage clones last week. They're on day 4 of flower now. I built a floor standing trellis to manage height after learning a valuable lesson from the first run. May have to weight this trellis down if they're anything like their big sisters. Built the trellis so it can be taken down easily. After finishing it I came up with a few more ideas, like filling the upright legs with sand or water to add weight, and possibly making a bunch of different size uprights to make it height adjustable. Next one will incorporate both methinks. I initially had the tent cooled with an old window AC that I vented into the tent, but it didn't have nearly enough BTU and the temps were getting into the mid 90s. I replaced it with an 8,000 BTU unit and all is well now, temp stays around 82 degrees. Anyway, here they are.

R

!RA!

Harvest Time

Harvest Time

Hey all, I just got through trimming my first 4 Sour Sage plants. Very pungent and sticky. I'll be doing the Glass Slipper and Mammoth next week. Built a little light proof drying tent with some 2X4s and Panda film. Here they are.

R

!RA!

Update on the Sour Sage

Update on the Sour Sage

2# 3z

Last edited:
R

!RA!

Switching from Coco to TLO Soil

Switching from Coco to TLO Soil

6/1/2015

May have mentioned this earlier, but from here on out I'm going organic in soil instead of using coco and Lucas Formula. My Sour S.A.G.E. seniors are in week 9 and I've been giving them some Canna PK 13/14 along with the Lucas Formula nutes they've been getting all along. Starting to see them chunk up a bit. Also attached a picture of some re-vegged Sour S.A.G.E. clones that grew up in TLO Mellow Mix and were just transferred into TLO Master Mix 2.1 along with a bit of High N Layering blend and orchid bark mulch. They're under a 400W Eye Blue MH and seem to be loving life so far, stay tuned...

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts