What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Six States Likely To Legalize Marijuana In The Next Election Cycle

Harlaxton

You should add West Virginia to this list. It was discussed seriously in the last legislative session, and pot is well-known to be our state's largest cash crop. The rugged terrain in WV has made it home to family growing operations for generations. There are some places deep in these hills where it grows wild because of abandoned grow operations.

Plus, since we lost our King of Pork's seat on the Appropriations committee, the state has seen a massive collapse of federal spending in the state. A new stream of revenue is much needed.

why do you say it like that?? I know a lot of people in Oregon want legal weed, unfortunately the state has yet to produce any legislation that everyone can agree to.

cannabis would have been legalized in the last voting cycle, except lots of growers and dealers opposed the bill due to some of the language contained within...

Pretty much cuz I've been here since I was born, and just see so many old timers that can't stand the thought of weed being medicine,......or maybe they just can't stand the hippies and bums taking over....I for one would love to see weed legalized in Oregon:ying:....I just no how much people love there guns here too, I guess that's kinda a side issue but weed and guns don't mix...it's all love tho ,I just don't see it happening for another few years.....let's just hope I'm wrong:ying:

dddaver

Veteran
Florida getting medical is going to be a BIG deal. Most people think of Miami, or Orlando when they think of Florida. Florida is still in the south, and thus has a lot of back woods conservative red neck types.

This will be a huge win for the movement. The rest of the South will slowly follow.

It IS a big deal, other than not being true.

FL is voting for MMJ with a no private growing clause in November, not legalization.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
ddaver,

what is not true regarding photo's stating Fl getting medical?

we vote for amendment 2 in Nov and a republican CBD only bill just passed thru the senate and its now up to a house vote.

it is a big step for southern states

dddaver

Veteran
Oops. My mistake. Sorry. I read it as FL voting for legalization like the posted news article was about, therefor assumed this thread was talking about that. Florida is not voting for legalization. FL is voting for a form of mmj, similar to NJ's, "no grow" mmj. The state (meaning big bucks and big pharma) wants to maintain control (meaning make money from it). Carry on.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fiscally conservative, socially liberal, anti drug war privacy advocate, and all for supporting the "rough men*" that enable us to sleep well at night. does this make me a Republican, a Democrat, a libertarian, or ??? :biggrin: * - yes, I know that there are women in the military. damn few of them slide down ropes from helos/parachute into the dark carrying Death with them...

Latest posts

Latest posts