What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US Government Signs Off On Study Using Marijuana In Treatment of Veterans' PTSD

11-20% coming back from combat get PTSD. I don't by that and think the problem is way minimalized. Many friends are vets and addicted to pills, but alcohol mostly and very sad to me. Way to take care of those who fight vicously in nightmarish situations and for our "freedom". Been messed along time. Think years ago some politicians and peeps may have cared more and the pre rolled were better I'm sure. More greed now. Save money and at the vets expense. I use marijuana for PTSD and asthma, but some can get me way going as if ready to battle. I like a mixed sativa/indica with up relaxing high and no paranoia or racy feeling which most with PTSD live with these feelings regular and don't need more anxiety, so type of weed matters alot to me. Who knows what the gov uses or even adds. Thank you to all the vets here who put your lifes on the line and can only hope and pray this country will wake up and treat each other right, but especially the vets. peace... :tiphat: SR

GET INVOLVED in your local area and help the homeless(meaning they sleep outside no matter the weather). More than not you will helping a veteran that no one gives a shit about anymore. DON'T give them money or even gift cards that can be sold, but get involved and take them to a dinner you would eat. Do be careful as some homeless are serious predators and 2 people may be better for safety. Believe me when I say what a small razor in a boot can do. Once asked by a homeless man for 2 bits and asked what for, he said a bottle. Cause of his honesty I bought him the bottle which he would have got anyway, but then spent time with him, sharing some of his wine but not getting buzzed, just to talk and show him Love which all want whether low or high. Your time is the best gift to some who otherwise never know Love. If your blessed with plenty, some relaxing herb can help much, but they still need to find some inner peace. Time to Know and show Love again my friends. Actions do speak louder than words. Love is the only hope mankind has left. :tiphat: SR

glad to see the govt is stepping up to the plate on this. I am medical for PTSD I have a difficult time with the anxiety and even driving sometime. I would be interested in knowing the strains they are testing.

dddaver

Veteran
I was just joking about mailing. I assumed Hank was too. I doubt we will ever see weed mailed even though I have always thought it should be. I hope no-one took that as serious. PTSD is nothing to joke about. I apologize if that offended anyone. But IMHO,we all do need to smile more.

Anyone recommend certain strains for PTSD. I really liked Aces Panama and doing more even though is Sativa. Doing some blue crosses that mainly are DJ's Blue and like blue taste and high. Some phenos may not be as good though. Love the Panama Red pheno so far and all Blue phenos. I like Indicas, but not ones that make me tired or munchy crazy, but some may want this. For me even tiring stoner weed still doesn't help my sleep though. Classics seeds Thai hybrid I had was very good too and one going now and a beaut just starting bloom. Can get big. He just got a drop of Chem mixes in here and sounds like some real winners too. Still growing some of his older stuff and very stable and good prices/deals. Hope more vets and peeps with PTSD can get the real meds they need, weed. I really dislike all those arrogant book smart doctors that told me to try this, double up the dose, try this, try that and years later you hear atty commercials about taking such medications such as zoloft. Years of being a guinnie pig and no help whatsoever at least for me until I realized that cannibis is the med I needed all along, but like so many I trusted people I shouldn't have. In 50 or more years you know future doctors will call these doctors living now a bunch of quaks for some of there practices and there greed with the pharm co's is whole another story. Do it yourself and do it better. peace... :tiphat:SR

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
research

research

Dr. Sue Sisley from U of A (AZ) is trying to get funding from the proceeds of med mj in the state of Az to launch research into using mj to treat ptsd. Kimberly Yee has been blocking her requests for these funds. Check out New Times in Phx.

Grunt

Hate to rain on our parade but as I understand it, the focking DEA is attempting to block it. Though our blood soaked the ground in Vietnam they still ignore us in our attempt at some level of normality. It's a very minor thing we request yet is a very major thing that effects us every day of our lives. Just the chance at a bit of relief from PTSD. It's all we ask. Shame on the DEA!!!