What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1.9Cu Oven Across International or Hydrion Scientific

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I gotta say, I loved the racks on the Hydrion I used.
Temps were spot on also.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Best Value Vac's will have them in May, for less (than list price). Claims the same quality.

Although my vac chamber from them had horrible hardware (aluminum or white metal) which was ruined, trying to disassemble for connection I needed. Replaced with brass, and it loses almost nothing over long periods of time. Lost about 1 pound over a month, and has lost nothing , over past week.

Have to mention, was refunded everything, without return, for problem. Just sent pictures.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I can not get to redbeard website. Does it need windows and IE? I use the opposite.

Snype

Veteran
Nice thread! I guess the 1.9 Cu Ai and the 2.5 pounder Red Beard is both next on my list! I wonder if I can also buy the 4 Cu Ft Coated Steel Vacuum Accumulator / Condenser Tank to purge out my Grape Ethanol so I don't fuck up my pump. Anyone?

Permacultuure

Veteran
Nice thread! I guess the 1.9 Cu Ai and the 2.5 pounder Red Beard is both next on my list! I wonder if I can also buy the 4 Cu Ft Coated Steel Vacuum Accumulator / Condenser Tank to purge out my Grape Ethanol so I don't fuck up my pump. Anyone?

Personally I would wait, seems to be more htcc hype....I never buy anything the first year its released.....you got a long pricey list already. But he new 7.5 looks very useful and at a great price....well done AI

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why anybody would want a large multi-shelf oven, even with specific heat on each shelf. I run all my 1.9's with one marble shelf.

The problem with multiple shelves is that when purging multiple large slabs in the same oven, one is always done before the other. Which means that either you keep going to finish the others and over purge one, or you release vac and pull the finished slab out and then raise it up again to finish the others. Neither of those is close to ideal..

I would much rather see them develop short wide an deep single shelf ovens.

Permacultuure

Veteran
I like it for large scale wax production....a days run would fill it, and I have pretty consistent finishing times with wax as long as I've ran the same strain. For high end shatter, smaller all the way! you said it Regis!

I think the 7.5 will be more geared to those doing volume, but it is big. I think it will be popular with those who like making wax or big labs.

Regis makes some good points. Often having several smaller ovens is better/more convenient, especially if you are doing smaller runs

I'm looking to buy an oven in the next month or two, I have an MKIIIa, but only for me and my brothers use. The largest batch I will really be running will be about 1/4 lb slab of oil. I've seen qp muffins touching the glass of a 1.9 because of how large the muffin is.

How big of batches are you guys running with your 0.9s?

I don't sell any oil and have to buy all my equipment out of pocket so buying a more expensive oven isn't really a choice if I don't need it.

After reading this thread I'm leaning towards getting an AI, I've already made an inlet filter and cold trap for my current vacuum chamber, is there anything worth waiting for in terms of new bells and whistles for smaller AI ovens?

That 7.5 looks like a beast but nothing I could ever afford.

The suggestion of a wide short oven seems like a really good one to me.

I can't say how cool the timing of this thread is, how awesome to have direct representatives here with us.

RB I've seen you say you could help out with an AI purchase, out of curiosity what affiliation do you have? Also as someone else said your site is down.

Thanks guys, keep up the conversation! I'm sure people will be coming upon this thread in their searches for a long time to come.

dopecook

I'd go with AI, mainly because they want you to use their oven for making oil, and will support you in your efforts to do so.

cwigg878

I feel about the same way about the oven. I was coming out with better products with a pot.

One thing I have yet to sort out is the P I d. What should i keep my settings at to keep the oven from flucuating?

Ive been 113F p 400 I 1800 d 450.

Thanks

cwigg878

I am at 680 ft elevation which I believe I have taken into most my considerations.

Which between where I'm at and Denver which is about 9.5F

cwigg878

Sorry to ramble.. but i recently ordered a micron gauge. How do I mount it with out losing vac pressure.

Thanks

Does anyone at all have any experience with Fisher Scientific Isotemp 282A vacuum ovens?

Do they work well for our needs?

Anyone with any insight at all would be great.

All I can find is one youtube video of someone purging a tiny slab in one, about a minute long with no useful info.

Do they hold a stable temp? etc?

Anybody out there using a lab-line 3608? A bit small, and old, but I can pick one up for cheap. Does anyone own an oven from this family? How is temperature uniformity?

I'm probably grasping at straws but I figured I would reach out anyways.

Probably going to buy it either way.

Latest posts

Latest posts