What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural Guttation on cannabis flowers

Ga farmer

Sorry huel, I was trying to scroll down on this phucking iPad and hit negative rep somehow. Obviously this is not the case.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
LOL its all good brother. No fucks given! I am my rep, not silly forum jazz...

I was jarring up some dry buds today and found a purple guttation on a Krishna flower. I snapped some pics for it with my phone, not great quality but i'll post them up later.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
Took me a minute to figure out how to load pics on this site but here they are...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

That purple syrup dab looks wicked good.

I have seen 2 strains do this. One was pineapple express, and the other I cant remember which strain. I always assumed it was too many carbs in the mix. I know for a fact both strains ive seen were grown with a carb product. Any body that have this guttation run molasses, carbs, sugar products?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Word, had some purple OJ that would always produce sap like that, very dark amber- maroon, would literally form all over the colas, no pics, but it tasted quite good. I would usually dab it with my finger and eat it. Are mutual friend always loved those gens. Had another that would do it also just blanking on which it was. Was just using dr earth and lime amended in for food, in bg water hold with added perlite. Real simple.

Miraculous Meds

Word, had some purple OJ that would always produce sap like that, very dark amber- maroon, would literally form all over the colas, no pics, but it tasted quite good. I would usually dab it with my finger and eat it. Are mutual friend always loved those gens. Had another that would do it also just blanking on which it was. Was just using dr earth and lime amended in for food, in bg water hold with added perlite. Real simple.

I don't know those products, were u adding anything with carbs or natural sugars?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
No I was not using any carb products, sugar, or molasses. In a truly happy symbiotic environment the plant itself will produce sugars to feed the microbes.

Miraculous Meds

Right on, My friend tasted it as well. I kinda thought he was nuts, not knowing what it was at first. Then I realized hell, we r consuming it anyway.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I wanted to bump this thread. As I have just ran Mota Rebels Lung Candy he gifted me last year. This variety had the largest amount of guttation I have ever seen. It is literally all over. Any place the plant exudes resin, there can be globs found. Both clear and amber. I almost thought I had a pest leaving honeydew behind. Not that I haven't seen this before, obviously, but there was so much. It is making trimming a chore, and my screens I trim over have been consistently getting smudged with it. Sticks to everything.

Dog Star

Veteran
Now this is a phenomena that seems to be pretty rare in cannabis without the aid of extra carbs. I use no sweeteners or carbs in my nutrient regimen. I have grown well over 100 strains probably closer to 200 at this point, and this is the fist experience I have had with guttation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guttation

This is the moonshine haze clone that took first place in the sativa category at the Amsterdam high times cup in 2011.

View Image
View Image
View Image

First off all that is not "guttation" but there is a drop of Honey Dew,
guess you haved pests of some kind that bitted leaf and then
plants protect theirself with extracting a sugar..

Ants and aphids use this Honey Dew for their symbiotic life together...

Its a plant sugars in the end and nothing special to see,lot of plants
have possibility to create Honey Dew,same as our favorite Cannabis plant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeydew_(secretion)

Regards :tiphat:

DS

RoostaPhish

Veteran
^^Yeah, I definitely don't agree. I even stated that I know some pests leave honeydew behind. But just because you see guttation does not mean there is a pest. A plant can naturally secrete those sugars without any pest present. It is just a natural defense mechanism.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Dog star you are wrong. There would be other evidence of pests like droppings, eggs, webs, etc. not just a single random drop here and there.

Guttation happens in cannabis often, don't know why you feel the need to correct with wrong information.

Latest posts

Latest posts