What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacuum purged wax

whatthe215

Veteran
awesome thread so far. i just got a big chamber like WHATTHE has, but bigger. is yours able to hold over 29gs for hours? my buddy got that same one you have and it does not hold 29gs vacuum, if you seal the chamber and come back 10 minutes later it drops 1-2hgs.... they said you need to jb weld the rivets for the pot handles. they said to do it on the inside of the chamber, which is weird to me, but maybe right. just wondering how yours holds a 29.9g vacuum for hours.

it doesn't get past -28.2hg. 800ft elevation, both Harbor Freight pumps i have (2.5cfm pittsburgh and 3cfm 2stage.)

i don't ever turn the pump off. i've had it run 18+ hours non stop without any issues.

i'll check out the rivet thing later, i assumed it wasn't getting past 28.8hg cause of the shitty HF pumps... i wonder if soapy water can be used to spot leaks for vac chambers like tires.

damn dude, i have a 5 gallon chamber, and a jb platinum pump. gets to 29.9 in a lil over 1 minute, it just does not hold it over 10 minutes. the company thinks its the lid, and is replacing it. but based on me and my friend having the same problem, i think its the chamber. the rivets for the handles are not meant to be air tight. you can look them up on amazon, they are basically soup pots, and cost around $35
*edit*my whole plan is to get a 29.9 vacuum, and cut the valve. that is the whole point in a vacuum chamber. you should not be running your pump that whole time to maintain a vacuum

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I bought a chamber off e-bay, I think because of my pump I only get to about 27 hg. When I cut it off it would be around 15 by the time I woke up in the morning. I tightened all the connections and now I can go to sleep, wake up in bout 5-6 hours and its still at about 24-26 hg.

whatthe215

Veteran
i'm thinkin a local metal shop would weld it sealed at the rivets for <$20.

there's lotsa guys on youtube runnin vac it pros at 29.5...

yea they are running 29, but are they holding 29 for hours? i can get 5 gallon to 29.9 in 90 seconds, but it wont hold that sealed, pump off

whatthe215

Veteran
*edit*my whole plan is to get a 29.9 vacuum, and cut the valve. that is the whole point in a vacuum chamber. you should not be running your pump that whole time to maintain a vacuum

well what we're trying to achieve is removing excess solvent in the extract via getting it from a liquid state to a gaseous one. so i think that process would lower the level of vac even in a perfect deep vacuum totally sealed.

a timer turning it on for 5-10min every 30-60min would work well. timing depending on the setup.

edit: the 2 im thinking of right now both say they leave it on non stop after it's done muffining and needs heat applied at 125-130 max hot water bath over electric skillet like im doing..

CarefulGrower

yea they are running 29, but are they holding 29 for hours? i can get 5 gallon to 29.9 in 90 seconds, but it wont hold that sealed, pump off

Yup. Mine is not a vac-it-pro but another ebay seller, and it holds -29.9 for hour after hour, no pump on. You have a leak somewhere if you start losing vacuum. Spray soapy water around the edge when it's under vacuum maybe, might be able to see where it's sucking in.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Don't trust cheap low-res gauges, and maybe cheap valves, although the number one cause of bad vacuum is bad pump oil. If you want serious vacuum, a serious gauge should at the least send you off for more oil, teflon tape, and epoxy.

my whole plan is to get a 29.9 vacuum, and cut the valve. that is the whole point in a vacuum chamber. you should not be running your pump that whole time to maintain a vacuum

In a perfectly sealed system, that depends on how much volatiles, including the ones that came with the plant, remain and how far from 29.9 is acceptable.

SpaceshipNelson

Very nice Mang! Looks yummy! have you done a taste test within the same batch? (tasting the shatter "pre-wax" and then again after completed?) Look'n good!

elusified

I picked up the minivac7.com kit and she holds 29 fine.im so fucking in patient thought 8+ hours????WTF???oh well 5 more togo.can I get a w and a and x....I know that was super gay.