What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noreason makes hash with the gravity method

Noreason, these resins are simply amazing looking. As many others have said, your resin looks better than most bubble hash I have seen or made.

I think one key thing you are doing is using fresh leaves compared to dry. A number of caregivers in my area make their bubble with fresh leaves and it is much more oily and resinous than what comes from dry.

Also, I think you are correct with the ice. The cold water aids in the glands breaking off, but the water can only be so cold. One needs only to ensure the water stays cold enough( < 35 F. ) for as long as they are mixing.

Keep up the excellent work.

Peace

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
makes my mouth water looking at these pix, very fine resin indeed!

domes/globes/curves seem best for oil-like concentrates, for hash/sift i really enjoy using a hot glass wand

if you're going for aroma/flavor try to find a small piece with narrow bore, IMO the smoke can get "diluted" with regular air when using a large volume piece

i wish i was in southern europe tokin on some resin :)

Thank you DR :)

Can you link me any glass wand?or if you have any pics...
I guess you would heat the tip with a torch and then burn the resin right?Is the heat enough to take a good hit from a big bong?
And you're really right on the aroma,the smoke comes down diluited with the air.I'm looking for a little bubbler,I hope to find a good one at the next spannabis.
I also looked into the healt stone glass...but I see people burn the shit directly with the torch and I think taste is compromise in this way.Or this stone have any secret I don't understand?Btw I opened a thread in the roor social group.Take a look at it ;)

Noreason, these resins are simply amazing looking. As many others have said, your resin looks better than most bubble hash I have seen or made.

I think one key thing you are doing is using fresh leaves compared to dry. A number of caregivers in my area make their bubble with fresh leaves and it is much more oily and resinous than what comes from dry.

Also, I think you are correct with the ice. The cold water aids in the glands breaking off, but the water can only be so cold. One needs only to ensure the water stays cold enough( < 35 F. ) for as long as they are mixing.

Keep up the excellent work.

Peace

Thanks a lot bro :tiphat: I've not much experience in collecting resin but I noticed more and more contaminants using dried trim,so this is my way and you confirm what I think.

wowzer, amazing looking hash fratello :jawdrop: :yes:great work once again, thx for sharing :)

:joint::wave:

Sugar Honey imo.:thank you:

Thanks bot of you folks :thank you:

RulaTone

Veteran
Where do you guys store your concentrates and what's your favorite way to smoke it?

Joint are not the best way to smoke it,the potency is great but a lot of aroma goes lost.

With my big roor it's really a pleasure to smoke it.It's very intense in the throat but with ice and precooler it goes down like a charm.Grapefruit aroma is the thing I like most.The aroma smoking this bluecheese resin this way remember me exactly the NYCD smoked in a volcano in the dam some times ago.Crazy :D But I need to buy a butane torch...I use to heat the stone\gauze on the kitchen stove :D

Btw...any of you use a vapor globe?What do you think about it?easy to use or it's annoying after light n' light n' light...

Peace fellaz,have a nice weekend :wave:

I always store the resin previuosly dried and pulverized in a pyrex jar in freezer, easy handling!

I've tried using Vapor Globe (18.8mm) but it seems like the nail cools down way too fast ending in a small hit and the hash doesn't burn completely. Even if the resin was as clean as yours. Works better with oils.
To me it's better with a waterpipe a titanium screen and a butane torch or a match-like lighter, hits good and full flavour!!
But here many people likes chiloom, you can taste a lot of the bud even in it, hits you like a horse, but for me it's heavier on the lungs...

Now if you want really imitate XTR machine just try to find a 150u inox mesh...that's just what you need to save time and time.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always store the resin previuosly dried and pulverized in a pyrex jar in freezer, easy handling!

I've tried using Vapor Globe (18.8mm) but it seems like the nail cools down way too fast ending in a small hit and the hash doesn't burn completely. Even if the resin was as clean as yours. Works better with oils.
To me it's better with a waterpipe a titanium screen and a butane torch or a match-like lighter, hits good and full flavour!!
But here many people likes chiloom, you can taste a lot of the bud even in it, hits you like a horse, but for me it's heavier on the lungs...

Now if you want really imitate XTR machine just try to find a 150u inox mesh...that's just what you need to save time and time.

Thx for stopping here RT.
The thing is that I really dislike butane aroma in the smoke and when I light anything with the flame the butane is mixed to the smoke.Don't you notice this?
I don't like so much chiloom but I don't think I can smoke concentrates pure,they need to be mixed with tobacco or weed right?

About that XTR machine...the idea I took seeing it is to remove the water from the bottom,and not with a siphoning hose.This should allow to collect also that thricomes floating in the water and I don't know if this is better...I want to give it a try.If I'll find the right screen (I think from 150 like you said to 220µ) to filter contaminants and something like a paper tea filter to collect thricomes while let pass the water through I'll give it a try with my last trim bag.

Using this new method inspired by the XTR the thricomes would remain in the water very little time and this is good and at the end the yeld should be more because the collecting of lighter glands.
The stuff makes me wonder is the final quality.If the floating thricomes are the lightest they should be immature...

This is what I want to try and see differences.

:wave:

rastaidd

Member yeahyeah!
Veteran
yeah nore, absolutly great thread and fantastic pics as always!! :good:
veramente interessante!!! :yes:

RulaTone

Veteran
Thx for stopping here RT.
The thing is that I really dislike butane aroma in the smoke and when I light anything with the flame the butane is mixed to the smoke.Don't you notice this?
I don't like so much chiloom but I don't think I can smoke concentrates pure,they need to be mixed with tobacco or weed right?

Yes indeed butane torch seems to let go some flavor, i prefer matches or wax hemp-cord. To smoke in pure form i've seen custom bowls to heat up, or others to use with a herb-iron, hakko or similar

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RESPECT buddy! :D

yeah nore, absolutly great thread and fantastic pics as always!! :good:
veramente interessante!!! :yes:

Grazie ragazzi,è sempre un piacere :tiphat:

Yes indeed butane torch seems to let go some flavor, i prefer matches or wax hemp-cord. To smoke in pure form i've seen custom bowls to heat up, or others to use with a herb-iron, hakko or similar

hakko_456.jpg

:good:

I'll look further into it

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Job friend.

:tiphat:

Btw,after the extraction I used some wet resin (let says two teaspoons)to make some butter.Just some pics to share with you.

On the stove to mix it with normal butter and decarboxylate THCA into THC

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fats separate from water immediately.

picture.php

picture.php

And after a whole night in the fridge...

picture.php

picture.php

...ready for storing in the fridge or in the freezer

picture.php

picture.php

Just shared with you this because this kind of water extraction is good to make butter too,without using trim.The taste will be more gentle I think,as I don't like very much weed taste in foods.

I'll let you know if I'm right :wave:

pmoney

Nice method thanks for sharing. I will def use this instead of buyin $175 bubble bags

I was wondering.. do you cure your hash after it dries? If so how / how long?

This is what I use for hash/kief/herb:

http://www.vapir.com/product_detail..., Herbal Vaporizers, Smoking Vaporizers/1/199

with full melts/oils it may get a little messy, I have to change the screen every month or so and I dont use any oils/FMs but it is a wonderful wireless vape. I take it everywhere (even on my cruise to mexico)
and no one knows what it is so its pretty inconspicuous.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice method thanks for sharing. I will def use this instead of buyin $175 bubble bags

I was wondering.. do you cure your hash after it dries? If so how / how long?

This is what I use for hash/kief/herb:

http://www.vapir.com/product_detail..., Herbal Vaporizers, Smoking Vaporizers/1/199

with full melts/oils it may get a little messy, I have to change the screen every month or so and I dont use any oils/FMs but it is a wonderful wireless vape. I take it everywhere (even on my cruise to mexico)
and no one knows what it is so its pretty inconspicuous.

I'm not saying bbags are not worth but try to give this method a run.You will be happy :)
When I'll get some more trim I have to try the bubble bags.I'm curious about what high comes from different µ hash.

I'm leaving my house 20 days or so and I simply store it in the freezer because I'm scared about mold.I know it is dry but I don't want to ruin all my work,you know.When I'll came back probably I'll leave some hash at room temp and some in the freezer and try to notice if there are any difference in the smoke\high.

I used that wireless vapo at the last Italian cannabis cup

picture.php

but I really don't like it.It's way too light for me.I used a volcano and I liked it pretty much,but I heard good things about de verdamper.However I'm not into the vapo thing.I prefer good bong hits or just a little cheap bubbler.

pmoney

I had 1 more question as well... can you explain the process of drying if you want a more sandy consistency instead of the ball form

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had 1 more question as well... can you explain the process of drying if you want a more sandy consistency instead of the ball form

If you want a ball you need to press it in the right moment,when it's not very dry I think and I don't like to press anymore my resin...
If you want powder form you need to crunch the resin after half an hour you put the wet resin on the cardboard.Let it dry and when it's dry you can break it again with your fingers or something else in powder.
Take in mind when the hash is dry,also if you have little pieces,it's enough to press it a little in your finger to obtain powder.However I preferred to store it in little pieces.So if I need powder,maybe if I want to skin up a joint,I just press it a little with my fingers to obtain powder.

When the hash is still wet inside,you will be not able to obtain powder form because it's real sticky.Let it dry well before ;)

ps:I saw someone get its powder form hash,scratching a big dry hash piece on a rasp\grater and let pass the resin trough a strainer and then collect it in powder form.

de145

re: too much ice, have you considered the method chef's use to cool stuff rapidly without diluting it? Use a bucket or container that can transfer heat easily like a metal bucket and instead of putting ice inside it, put it inside a larger container full of a solution of ice, water and salt.

This gives you a very cold temperature in your bucket without adding any ice to it.

The salt ensures the ice water bath can be at a lower temperature than 0c for better chilling.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
re: too much ice, have you considered the method chef's use to cool stuff rapidly without diluting it? Use a bucket or container that can transfer heat easily like a metal bucket and instead of putting ice inside it, put it inside a larger container full of a solution of ice, water and salt.

This gives you a very cold temperature in your bucket without adding any ice to it.

The salt ensures the ice water bath can be at a lower temperature than 0c for better chilling.

Thank you for the suggestion but I think it's quite a waste of time doing what you wrote.
I think we really don't need to go under 0°C.Thricomes and plant matter under this temp,could break easily than a temperature a little higher I think,and we want the thricomes heads just fall off from the stalk.Using water and SOME ice is enough to keep the temperature low,near the 0°.
As already said I think the ice should be enough only to keep water temp low,so you need really few ice cubes to ensure this.And few cubes really don't cause any trouble.

I usually use frozen trim and water took from the fridge.So everything is already cold ;)
Do you think with this method I'll have an improvement?Maybe I can't see it...

Psuper

Thanks for sharing your results noreason. Really interesting to read.

I think it's ridiculous folks want to immediately label this "gumby" hash, as if some guy on YouTube made up these concepts. Anyone with any smidgen of knowledge of history should know these ideas have been around for a good long while.

It really shouldn't be named after anyone, pretty basic stuff. I think you sharing your version of collecting trichomes in water is great; anyone that's upset that you don't refer to it as "gumby hash" needs to get some perspective.

If you read about the concepts involved in hashish collection in general, and water extraction in particular, with or without using mesh screens, you come up with basically the same process!! I say this because i did just that; I read about and had hands-on experience making ice-hash and thought all about this before I finally looked up what was "gumby" hash after reading the term a number of times in this forum.

Anyone can pick up a copy of R.C. Clarke's "Hashish" to read about some basic concepts like this---The process of collecting hashish in cold water wasn't first presented to the world by anyone on YouTube.

Thanks again for sharing the pics NoReason.

Latest posts

Latest posts