What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S&S not so secret dry-sift 2010

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hi Sam, is a honor having you here!

really we don´t weigth the vegetals.. the quality of the leaf was vey high but we don´t know the quantity..

I should speak with bob about, he may remember clearly, this day we was doing several test with 4 or 5 genetic mini leafs, with differents timings (this was the only we save in our notebook, timings and genetics)

the object of the test this day was to see the increment of vegetal in time usin the tumbler, next time we will check the returns.

regards,
susantidad.

careful what you tell sammy... he'll take your idea and run with it , and make it his own... :moon::moon:

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Dry Sifted Hash

Dry Sifted Hash

Looks like you started with some really nice trim to get that quality of Dry Sifted Hash. Looks Great!!! Well Done, I bet the flavor is better than it looks....

Aqua Lab Tech

P

Peat

Funktion Consumption

Funktion Consumption

Interesting set-up.
The only thing I can ID is the delicious glob! :respect:

I need a lil' help with the rest.
I figure the white thing is a heat source of some sort?
And, what kind of screen is that?

amc98

Hi!!

Amazing stuff you got there, my friends!!!!:jump:

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Saludos!!!:tiphat:

p.s. Peat, I bet that heat source is a Hakko ceramic welder like the one in my sig. ;)

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Thanks for all the great feedback everybody :)

glad you like the pics...

now as to your questions:

we don't know about the quantity, as we neither did weigh the starting amount nor the final product, but it surely wasn't that much, depending greatly on variety as well i would guess 2-5%, but that's all it is a guess... btw the jack herer was not only the most pure but also the one that gave the most quantity, she's a great clone ;)

as in regard to the times of the runs: yeah i too thought 15 minutes would be too long, but we tested it with the same variety (titans haze) in three runs, one run 30 seconds, one run 10 minutes and one 15 minutes and suprisingly there was no noticable decrease in purity... i made pics of that but still have to put them in oreder etc on the computer, but they'll be posted in this thread when i find the time, a lot of other stuff as well :D

in the session we did 5 different dry sifts from 5 strains... amnesia haze, titans haze, jack herer, grüne hessin and jack flash, the amnesia haze and jack herer came out the purest...

now to peat's question: exactly like amc98 says... and it's imho the best discovery for smoking hash in a long time!

I took this pic yesterday as we were having a nice little session of smoking extracts... to my suprise susantidad and elrubio gifted me one of those aparats and made me very very happy! thanks again guys :) i will put it to good use - promised :D

now to the other important part of smoking extracts, the glas:

one for hash:

one for weed:

one for oil:

and now the stash :D

we had the 5 different dry sifts (middle), some nice iceolators from elrubio made from bloody mary and spanish blaze, fmcd dry sift from susantidad's blas blas (spelling?), elrubio's budder and much more i can't remember right now :D

cake anyone?

and smoking the budder:

So yesterday we could test the dry-sift after about 6 weeks of curing (after sifting, already 3 months cured before sifting), it was very nice and interesting... i could notice that the purest qualities didn't change really much but the titans haze sift which was the least pure and a bit rough at first already got a lot smoother and tastier... can't wait to sample them after another good time of cure :)

As to the effects: i was totally knocked out yesterday... felt like i was high for the first time (ok not exactly but nearly) loosing my appartment keys as well as my abilities to form coherent sentances in spanish :D thanks for a great afternoon at elrubio and susantidad and thanks for understanding my sometimes a little confused behaviour after that much extracts :D and of course many thanks again for the soldering iron!

good vibes :)

true grit

Veteran
Great thread bro, I've wanted to try dry sift for sometime but currently run bubble...yield is usually the reason behind that though...is the material still usable for cooking afterwards?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Great thread bro, I've wanted to try dry sift for sometime but currently run bubble...yield is usually the reason behind that though...is the material still usable for cooking afterwards?

yeah of course you can use it for cooking after dry sifting, still will make for really potent stuff ;)

we did a bubble-run with the same material as a second run, but the problem there seems to be that the state of dryness that is required for dry sifting is too dry for ice-hash and will result in slight contamination, nevertheless we got about another 8-9 grams of full melt from the same trim...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep looks like one of HashMastaKut's oil smoking appliances hooked on that bong :joint:

it seems to me, once again strain plays a mayor part in achieving those really pure results. once you have your technique down anyway.

ElRubio

Veteran
GREAT pictures Sideshow-Bob. im glad you enjoyed tha barbacoa mate!! hope see you and susan soon again! it was a very nice smoke session...
btw, i loved the your JH extract, its sickness but i cant not forget that inciense flavor on the Titans...

Best vibes! and keep that nice pics and info coming!:thank you:

amc98

i cant not forget that inciense flavor on the Titans...

OMG, since we first smoked it at the Parade, we felt in love with that superb titans haze. Jahman and me have spoken several times about her since then...:)
Reminded me so much of a SSH that we used to smoke lots of years ago...first class weed, mates!!!

Saludos!!!:tiphat:

true grit

Veteran
yeah of course you can use it for cooking after dry sifting, still will make for really potent stuff ;)

we did a bubble-run with the same material as a second run, but the problem there seems to be that the state of dryness that is required for dry sifting is too dry for ice-hash and will result in slight contamination, nevertheless we got about another 8-9 grams of full melt from the same trim...

Indeed, and after thinkin it over, sounds like a better plan. One quality sift screen for smokable and more trich left on the trim for edibles....thanks for the thread homie, got me started on new trek now...hehe.

ayatayo

yo Sideshow-Bob ! very nice report, thanx.........one important question:where did you get this piece? it's sspecialy designed for resin......I saw it once, when Sam the Skunkman showed his bong, but he said it was made specially for him by Roor team.....how did you get yours please?

picture.php