What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I stop feeding Nitrogen?

C

Cozy Amnesia

Hi all. I've been using the H3ad formula with coco, using only GH micro and bloom. I stopped adding micro (the nitrogen) to the water (a gradual process, not all at once) around week 4. I'm surprised at how quickly the leaves are turning yellow and falling off, and now I'm conserned that I dropped the Nitrogen too early.

It needs 3-4 weeks more of flower cycle, for a total of 9-10 weeks. Here she is at 4 weeks:

IMG_1123.jpg

And here she is now at 6 weeks.

IMG_1146.jpg

You can tell that lots of leaves have fallen off already and I'm worried that by the time it's ready for harvest, most all of the leaves will be dead. Do you think I should give it a few doses of micro, maybe for a week or so?

In general, when in the feed schedule should the Nitrogen be dropped from the nutes?

Wait...What?

Veteran
its ok

you will end up with a very yellow plant at the end

it will smoke sooooo smooth and burn clean to ash

if you're upset now, that ten day flush at the end will make you beside yourself... :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well when it comes to coco, you only really drop N when its' time to flush. the thing is the coco eats nitrogen even when the plants stops or slows right down. that's why coco specific nutrients have N in them.

but for details about using gh in coco, you will find lots of info in the sticky thread by Grat3fulh3ad. personally i always use coco specific nutrients.

link>>>>https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

C

Cozy Amnesia

well when it comes to coco, you only really drop N when its' time to flush. the thing is the coco eats nitrogen even when the plants stops or slows right down. that's why coco specific nutrients have N in them.

but for details about using gh in coco, you will find lots of info in the sticky thread by Grat3fulh3ad. personally i always use coco specific nutrients.

link>>>>https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

I thought I remember him saying to stop feeding N when the growth nodes stop growing and the buds start fattening up....???

that plant is going to be tasty n smooth, you probally timed it just about perfect really. another week of micro def wouldnt hurt yeilds but u may taste it in the final product. some strains yellow up quickly others not so much, i had a plant i flushed in coco for weeks, didnt really yellow up even with water. most of us are way over feeding for such a small gain and a loss of taste n health benefits of less toxins in the leaf.

C

Cozy Amnesia

h3ad said:
I'm now running the 6 and 9 ratio up to the first third of 12/12, then 6 and 12 for 1 week, then just 9ml/gal bloom with no micro up until the last three weeks, which are just distilled water...

Perfect, now I know! Thanks superbolan for the tip!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
if i may.

I think it depends on the length of your flowering strain. I would not follow H33 or Rez lay out exactly if your plants go 70+ days.

Also, some plants simply want N for longer into flowering. Dialing in means figuring out when that is.

Also dont be upset about super yellow leaves. They are annoying at trim time tho. Also, DONOT put N back in her diet all late into flowering. Theyll get all crazy fox-tailed.

just saw Im a few days behind here, update?

i would like to add that yellow/mostly dead leaves have been pretty much the #1 cause of budrot for me...... so def try to spread the bud open and look for mold where it touches the leaves.....