What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What ppm should I be watering my plants with?

brobrobro

hey guy's and girls.

i've got seedlings (grown from seed) and they're about 5 days old.

what ppm feeding should i give them? im using canna a&b nutes.

as soon as i transplant them (in 2 days) im going to give them there first feeding

i've got 50lts ready to go

5.8ph
250ppm

is this ok for seedlings or too strong?

i've also got some 5 week old plants(in veg), what ppm should i be feeding them?

i've gradually been increasing the ppm and i've got the next mix at 850ppm.
too strong?
too weak?
ok?

no signs of nute burn so far (last feeding was 680ppm)

any help appreciate!

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
what is your ppm out of the tap? I also like a ph of 6... if the meter is off things are still in the sweet spot. Also some micros die in a ph under 6 (i add micros).

Dirtfinger

Just keep doing what you're doing - stepping up gradually and watching how your plants respond.

Sounds like they're in good hands as that's the proper way to do things imo.

Wait...What?

Veteran
some people's water comes out of the tap at 250ppm

remember you can feed a weaker solution more often and a stronger solution less often - the amount of nutes you can feed it is finite, but the delivery can be variable.

brobrobro

thanks for the replies everyone!

some additional information:

water comes out of the tap at 50ppm
i water everyday

the main thing im worried about is the seedlings, so they they'll be fine with 250ppm?

again, thanks everyone.

D

dunkybones

the main thing im worried about is the seedlings, so they they'll be fine with 250ppm?

I don't have a great deal of experience with seedlings, as I mostly work from clones, but 250 ppm sounds like a good start. If the seedlings show an all over pale or yellow color but otherwise healthy growth, then they are probably a little hungry. If the seedlings show clolor changes only along the edges or in spots, and new growth is twisted or sickly, they are probably getting overfed. I doubt 250 ppm would ever be too strong for seedlings with a couple sets of true leaves. My veg plants top out at 700 -800 once they have 3 or 4 sets of leaves.

C

Carl Carlson

600 ppm (Hanna) works for me with seedlings, even under CFL.

Latest posts

Latest posts