What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm at 12.5 weeks for a supposed 70 day finisher, what gives?

Zowie

I'm growing out a cut of what I think is some type of og kush, but as they all got mixed up I'm not really sure what I have.

It looks closer to a sfv or tahoe, from pictures I seen, and those go for 70-75 days.

I'm at day 87, the tops still have white hairs and immature looking thc glands. It's maturing from bottom up.

It's the top 3-4 inches that seems to have stopped. Temps went well over 100 more than a couple times. They got burnt about a month ago, forcing them to be topped, so they look like an arm with a hand outstretched.. and each 'finger' is the part with the still white hairs..

I began the flush at about 65 days, planning to let it go two weeks. But now it's going on 3 weeks+.

All the other strains finished. Some a month ago. Light is just 250hps, but is more than enough for this small area.

Is it just a long finishing cut? Is it normal to go 90+ days on these?

Thanks!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta get us a pic man, sounds like you stressed them with the heat.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
good answers but no solution? what should Zowie do, just wait it out till thrichs turn? Should he harvest lower buds and raise the light?

A little more help could usefull to many more. :bump:

sometimes some strains push out a few clumps of fresh hairs right before youre ready to harvest... that always bugs me out and give them a little more time.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drop your hours from 12/12 to 10/14 (light/dark) this will have her fully finished in 2 weeks.

Knives

Dont sweat it man, probably just got a different pheno
or something that isnt what is was said to be hah.
Wait till the trich's turn and harvest that baby.
Large fox-taily nugs? Gonna be some heady buds.
Just be patient, Ive gone 16 weeks on a lady one time..
She ended up knocking you into a flashback :wave:

Zowie

Thanks for the replies everyone..

I think I'll try Hazy Lady's idea.. switch to a 14 hr dark period. That'll also help as I'm starting to wake up late again and kept missing the lights on period to open the door. Poor babies get heated.. that could've been adding to the problem with the heat stress.

*edit*
I'm just bummed cause I made some pretty cool little moms, but if I can't grow them right what's the point. Some of the real growers here could probably turn it into gold, but I might just chalk this up as a loss.
I have a pretty good strawberry cough and blue dream, but personally I don't find the BD a keeper. Ironically it was the best growing, best looking, yielding, overall.. but the high itself to me is just bleh. But the s. cough is...... awesomely dope. After.. 8 grows or so, I finally found a keeper!!! So now I'm satisfied.

Thanks again everbody!!