What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

curling leaves?

areUkind

hello all! 1st time grower here. i have 16 cuts of bogglegum a JAH KUSH and a CINDI 99. (the pictures below are of the cindi99)

i am using
-canna coco
-canna a & b plus
-canna cannazyme
-sensi cal/mag plus
- ph of 5.8

i got these cuts full well knowing there was some spider mite damage and i also figured they may still may be alive so i have used neem oil along with GH-azzamax in a spray bottle and i have also diluted 20ml/gallon of azzamax and used this mixture to water the plants one time.

my questions is why are some of my larger cuts having this weird claw like curling on the leaves?

i dont think it possible i have over watered as i am using coco and am hand watering on a day to day basis depending on each plants needs.

is it possible this is how clones shall start to look if they are root bound by their pots?

up until yesterday morning, these clones had been living in small plastic beer cups for about 4-7 weeks.

PLEASE HELP!

additional information:

i am using a 10X5X6.7 grow tent. although the tent has been set up with 2k watts running inline with a 8in vortex fan pulling air from outside of the tent and venting into a retaining bedroom.

only 1k is being ran as of now and i would say there is a good 4-4.5 feet between the top leaves and my light.

i am also using a blower fan(size unknown but will update soon 265 cfm?) to pull air into the actually grow room(not grow tent)

the ppms of my nutted water is between 700-900 and yes it is tap water that i am ph'ing with GH Up & Down at ruffly 5.8 ppms.

i am unsure of the run offs PPMs but will check again when home.

my average temps of actual grow tent in about 72 lights off and 82 with lights on.

i have one small fan rigged to blow heat directly away from under each 1k light and i also have one 8in max fan that will be soon hooked up to a can filter (can lite rated for 1400 cfm 50lbs.) to pull heat and odors from my tent(which also exhaust into a retaining bedroom, separate from the room i have my tent set up in.

also if it helps, my actually grow room is ruffly 15x10x8 ft

once my carbon scrubber has been set up and my second fan is running, i will cut 2 15inx10xin holes in my actually grow room for better airflow.

also, i dont believe my humidity ever reaches more than 20% or less than 12% (i could be wrong about this as it is something i have not normally checked for)

Attachments

• grow 005.jpg
    grow 005.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
Hey I am running canna coco plus coco nutes for the first time. I had this same issue the leaves like tacoed up, so I started adding more cal mg like 4 ml/gal. I ended up burning the plant and have since stopped adding rizotonic so I could add cal mg and keep ppms below 700.

I would try to lower the amount you are feeding them. I am in 5 gal pots fully rooted been vegging for a month and I only go to ~750ppm hanna.

Thats 10ml A 10ml B 10ml Cannazyme 3 ml/gal cal/mg plys gnatrol

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
Usually clawing is a sign of overfeeding

yeah that's one of the reasons, but heat stress and poor air circulation is the other. ya should get an infrared thermometer at sears/homedepot/ect and check your actual leaf temp. mine was 15 degrees higher. by moving the lights up, repositioning my intake fan and adding an exhaust fan, i had normal new growth in 3-4 days.

Wait...What?

Veteran
overfeeding is a polite way of saying that you do not have enough light. add more light and they wont be overfed anymore. either that or back off on the N...

Latest posts

Latest posts