What's new

Just found out Potting Mix is Soiless media as well

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Wow. For the last two months I've been feeding my plants with a pH of 6.8 being that they were in a potting mix. I was completely mortified after finding out that potting mix is a soiless media that sits in the hydro category.

I've noticed many things in the last 2 months, Purple stems, wrinkly leaves, and very very small leaf formation. All this leading to macro deficiencies but I would simply flush with pH 6.8 water and saw slight improvements but always back to square one. As of this morning I started the plants on a new flush of 5.8. Any idea if 5.8 is a good start or should I hit them with 5.5 instead?

Potting mix used was Miracle Grow Soiless Mix. Nutrients have already been consumed by the plants so I will be using my GH nutes soon.

Has this happened to any of you as in feeding plants in potting mix with a pH of 6.8?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Sorry I need to correct something. I knew potting mix was soiless but I've always thought that the same rules apply as in soil.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Peat is not soil :)

Hi Wait...What?
Thanks for your reply. well since my last post on this thread I fed my plants at 5.8. I noticed a bit of calcium def. Today or letter said last night I fed at 6.2. Lets see if this hit them better.

Latest posts

Latest posts