What's new

Who lowers nute strength towards the the end?

Or do You go from full strength nutes to flushing with plain water?
I was told that going from full strength nutes straight to plain water will make my girls think, 'Hang on we're not getting nomore food, we better hang on to our stored energy(food) and make it last'
Whereas if you bring the nutes down gradually the plants will carry on using up all their stored energy, and when they have used up most of the stored energy(when leaves go mostly yellow) give them a a flush with plain water.

I think it would definitely encourage them to finnish up sooner.

Any thought on this?

love?

They certainly yellow up fast after flushing which wouldn't suggest that they are "hanging on" to anything. But still, you may be on to something. My guess is that it depends on a lot of things like genetics, environment, the grower's style (esp. watering) etc. Just another part of "dialing in" a strain/clone.

Edit: oops sorry didn't notice this was in the coco forum, no experience with the medium... might still apply

D

dunkybones

I started tapering off my nutes a couple grows ago because it didn't seem like the plants were as hungry towards the end of their days. The last 5-7 days of nutes is 1/2 - 3/4 strength, and then 5-7 days tap water. I haven't noticed much difference in the finished plant between the two methods, but now I'm using a little less nutes that the plants didn't seem to want anyway.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I taper down. As dunky stated they don't use as much in the last days. They are ripening more than growing.

wickedpete66

I drop the ec during mid flower from 1.2 ec to about .8-.9. Then just give them water for last ten days without much runoff. i very rarely flush unless i run into a problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts