What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veggies & Fruits Growing List

Hi guys, it would be really nice to see a complete list of vegetables that can be easily grown indoor.
If, in the meantime I wait to harvest my hemp, I can eat some homegrown food, I think that would be great!

Please post some informations about what you are growing in your box now. It would be nice to have it in this format:

Title
Germination: Info about germinations times & temp
Germination rate: bla bla bla
Light period:
@ 12/12: bla bla bla
@ 18/6: bla bla bla
@ 24/0: bla bla bla
Growing: bla bla bla
Flowering: bla bla bla
Harvest: bla bla bla
Yield: bla bla bla
Conclusion: something intelligent here

If this post will become what I'm expecting, it shuold definitely be made sticky :p

ok, so here we go:

Basil
Germination:
Germinated in the same time as hemp. Just used water.
Just place the seeds about 1" below the surface.
Possibly, place them distant into the pot so that they can grow and have good space. Higher plants will force the lower ones to die because their big leaves.

Germination rate:
I bought a cheap 700seeds pack, don't put them all, germination rate is not really that low! Light period:
@ 18/6: Grows with no problem
@ 24/0: Reacted weirdly (after was in 12/12), didnt try too long
@ 12/12: when moved in the flowering box, it started to look weird because was probably beginning the flowering.

Growing:
Just watering it when dry. It grows very fast.

Flowering:
Must be harvested before flowering

Harvest:
It gives continuous harvest so you just just cut, with a nail, below the internode you want the leaves from. It will keep growing and eventually simmetrically.

You can also simply remove the leaves you want, minimizing the damage to the plant, but I have been told it's better to let it have a new growth.

Yield:
A pot will suffice your needs (depending on the amount of basil you need).

Conclusion:
Tastes great! Gonna make more :)
It became definitely my plants new friend.

Gonna add some pictures and more soon

I currently have Chili, Cherry Tomatoes, Eruca sativa and Strawberries that just finished the germination and will try to grow them indoor. So more to follow!

i hope they're everbearing instead of june-bearing strawberries

What strawberries would you reccomend? I guess I'm not having strawberries until next year, so I hope it's the right plant!

The seeds I bought are named "Every month Strawberry 'Alexandria'", I'm not sure how it will grow up, just trying.

Next week gonna try to make some clones from wild strawberries and see how it works out...

Latest posts

Latest posts