What's new

Cloning in Clear cups...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
is it ok? i see people doing it and would like to do it myself but alwyas told that light is bad for roots... do people that clone in clear cups put it in another cup to block light?

P

~pHaNtOm~

are you talking about after the clones have rooted? i clone in rapid rooters in small clear cups and have lush white roots..sometimes i transplant them into clear cups and my roots and plants are always lush.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
yea i agree .... after the clone has already rooted in my cloning bucket .i will plant them in a clear beer cup from time to time ... have for many years

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
If you took a fresh cut , planted it in coco in a clear cup using some root hormone or something ..it will do fine. I have seen many clones made that way

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
never
had
a
problem

Only thing ever happened in clear cups is some of the perlite can turn green. Never had that be a problem that I can detect.

smiley

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
after rooting it make a dif. - clear cup block the root veg!!
it will not look like this..

i use white cup...i know light will get also throu but it works def better(test it)

RetroGrow

Veteran
I Always use clear cups.......how else can you watch the roots grow?
If you're worried about algae, just get some darker cups to put over them.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah interesting question, next time i clone i might give it a go in half clear cups, half dark opaque cups and see if it makes a difference. i'd say light may possibly have an affect on roots exposed to it whether it's minute or huge... lol google scholar it if you wanna find research done on this stuff.

Wait...What?

Veteran
roots dont care about light

they care about oxygen
roots care about oxygen
roots care about oxygen
roots care about oxygen

but hey dont take my word for it, LOOK AT THOSE WHITE ROOTS

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
if yer worried then use the red or blue partay cups... Instead of buying two different types o cups.. those work killer.. even styrofoam cups kick ass.. peace n pufs.

sackO

Boerman

For a couple of years now I have used both clear cups and colored ones. I drill tiny holes in the bottom for drainage and put the cuttings in the clear cups. Then I put the clear cups in the colored ones. When I want to check the roots, I just take the clear one out for a look.

Latest posts

Latest posts