What's new

simple ? ro/tap

asstastic

i have a ro foucet and a tap and im tired of the ro taking like 4 times as long so i was wondering
since im phing my water after i add nutes would it make a diff if i used ther tap since its all being phed in the end and the tap flows alot quicker
p/s my tap has no chlorine

toohighmf

Veteran
whats the ppm or EC of your tap?
cant you just get rid of the storage tank and add a line to a res of some kind?

Wait...What?

Veteran
the tap water is being sterilized *somehow* and I find it difficult to believe it isn't chlroramine.

I tried blending RO and tap, and it worked pretty well, and it may work great for you. try it and post your results :dance013:

highonmt

Veteran
the tap water is being sterilized *somehow* and I find it difficult to believe it isn't chlroramine.

I tried blending RO and tap, and it worked pretty well, and it may work great for you. try it and post your results :dance013:

Do you have well water? If ppms are over 200 dilute with ro I use a 1/1 mix for vegging nutes my water is 350ppm from the tap so I end up about 180ppm. I use straight ro for my flower room. If your filter is slow like mine take a bucket full every morning and night and store some in buckets or tubs...
HM

asstastic

Do you have well water? If ppms are over 200 dilute with ro I use a 1/1 mix for vegging nutes my water is 350ppm from the tap so I end up about 180ppm. I use straight ro for my flower room. If your filter is slow like mine take a bucket full every morning and night and store some in buckets or tubs...
HM
thanks ya its about as slow as a frig but ya ill just have to deal with it cuz i dont have a ppm meter

Beanfish

I put a tee and a valve BEFORE my tank and run the line to a basement grow. I open the valve and the tank drains. When I was running RDWC (and need a lot of h20) I would run the tee into a 50gal trashcan, open the valve and go to work. 12 hours later I had 50 gallons of r/o water ready to go. I always planned on putting an on/off valve on the trashcan but never got around to it.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts