What STRAIN are you growing? Great White Shark
What was the establishing technique? Seed
What is the age of your plants? 6 weeks into 12/12
What PHASE are the plants in? Flower
What Technique are you using? Hand water
What substrate/medium are you using? Canna coco
What is the Nutrient temperature? Room temp
What Nutrient's are you using? Hesi Coco
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? Irrelevant when using Hesi (Contains urea)
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? yes
When was your last watering? Daily
When was your last feeding change? 5 weeks ago
What size bulb are you using? 400w hps
What is the distance to the canopy? About 13-14"
What is your RH Factor? 40-50%
What is the canopy temperature? 75-79f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 69-70f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) Grow tent, 5" Ruck
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Moderatly Hard
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's Yes, Springtails & Thrips (Thrips have been knocked back to v.small population)

Hesi bottle instructions is to use 5ML/LITRE I fount this gave nute burn so I was giving 3.5ml/litre untill week 5 when I gave 1.5ml/litre Hesi and 1.5ml/litre PK 13/14. By the end of the 7 day PK cycle It looks like I have A Potassium deficeny or is it MG? I dont know wether to add more Feed or not.

Hesi NPK is 8-6-10.

Cheers.

Wait...What?

Veteran
hard to say. the crunchy curl says mg but nothing else about the leaf does
mg tends to be interveinal and is often seen with the calcium dots on the serrations at the leaf edge when growing with coco. at least thats been my limited experience

2Lazy

I agree, looks like a Mg issue, possibly some burn from some things, the fact that a good 1/3 of the leaf is dead doesn't really point to a short term deficiency. To get something like that you'd have to have had the problem building up for a long time. I do know about coco is that things like phosphorus and magnesium can lock up, and combined with pH issues or an over abundance of reactive salts you can see the burn.

The course of action would be to flush the system, and "start over" with fresh nutrients. I'm concerned about what you're using only because I don't know much about it. Then again, you could have just barely overfed or it could be from the water you're using. Getting on to RO water would resolve at least that concern.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
What is the status of your younger leaves?

The older, longer stemmed fan leaves will always die first in flower. Not always bad, sometimes can be beneficial to remove a limited amount of fan leaves.

As far as your problem now, I want to say 'lockout', but I am not sure.

Is Hesi a 'salt' based nutrient, at that strength is sounds like it is?

Sorry I can't be of more help, good luck.

Look toward the new growth, that is the key, what are they doing?

chr0nicxs

Thanks for replys guys,

I am giving a constant PH of 5.8-5.9 with a 20-40% runoff everyday, Hesi has no salt at all so theres no residue ( it actually says this on the bottle)

Nutrient lockout occurs when PH problems?

I have been feeding a bit higher strengh last few days and the worsening has slowed down a lot, I thinkit just MG humgry or...
I'll see how it goes and update soon.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you will nearly always get some of the older lower fan leaves dieing off when the plants are in their last stage of life. if the rest of the plant, specially the new growth looks healthy you needn't do anything.

btw letting your ph fluctuate between 5.6 and 6.1 will help the plants get all the nutrients it wants in the amounts it wants. also worth mentioning is that when hand watering it is quite hard to keep the plants looking perfect top to bottom. anyway it's nothing to worry about i'm sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts