What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to start your own seedcompany

belgowiet

i whas wondering how to start a seedcompany?
because it isnt legal in any country on this world so how do people start there business? any body have a idee
i'm not planning to do this but i'm just curious how it works

C

Cookie monster

i whas wondering how to start a seedcompany?
because it isnt legal in any country on this world

What ever you do dont say this to the dutch :)

Half the seed banks will close and there will be a world panic......

belgowiet

in the past most seedcompanys where in netherland or switzerland or b.c but it isnt legal there now... i think
now a days most of them are in spain but i dont think its legal there

LOL actually cannabis seeds are being sold legally worldwide as hempseed in organic food stores and by birdseed providers worldwide- otherwise from what i am aware of- pls do check on this - of course- is that cannabis seeds are legal to grow and sell in holland and spain, also the czech republic recently started selling seeds in stores in the capital- additionally slovakia is selling seed and i believe austria is fairly leniant on clones -possibly seed too- well was leniant then toughened- and now seems to be doing well again- but for this reason it is best to check the actualities in the field~ good luck- also check the united states- california for example and other odd out of the way places...

Firstly i would like to mention selling cannabis seeds is not usually the illegal activity as most are sold for novelty purposes and are not to be sprouted in countries where this is illegal to do.... if anyone had noticed the wiser (or less ballsier?) breeders have chosen to protect themselves by printing this on the package- cannabis seeds can be sold as a novelty in many places of the world- they are meant to not be sprouted till "better times" come- which seem to be on there way being that it actually is legal to grow cannabis in a few countries- it is the responsibility of the customer to heed the suggestions of the provider- all else is in the growers hand- yes fairly haphazard and ambiguous- but surely would you like for us to stop- holds label in mid- air above seed pack for added effect- or are you wanting to join- cause for a curious person not much research seems to have been done~

good luck anyways- write a petition - have many sign- make a change- think globally, but act locally !!!!

NAcc

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
how to do it?

1. Spend years growing, so you know what you are doin

2. Spend years growing, so you know what you are talking about

3. Spend years growing, so you know what you are looking for

4. Spend years growing, so you know how to get it

Where I live it is kind of legal, kind of not.

so you have to start with something to offer, no good starting a business if you have nothing to offer anyone

Then the rest is growing, breeding, testing, regrowing, testing, marketing, growing, breeding etc, that is everyday.

belgowiet

i whas just wondering if it whas a legal job or not because selling seeds isnt illegal but making them isnt 100% legal because you grow marijuana...
also you need alot of plants to pick your fav. mom and dad.and in most countrys you may have 5-15 plants.
again i'm not planning to start a seedcompany or any thing i'm just curious in how those things work.

Nigel

It's crazy here in Ontario Canada...anyone can walk to the corner headshop and buy Cannabis seeds....though I guess it's illegal to grow them. Unless you are one of the few medically approved. I'm born american..So I have Med card in Michigan...and can't buy seeds anywhere there...WTF?

Very good point Nigel~ someone should point that out to your local officials- states which are allowed to grow- should make provisions for this- locally we had allowed possession- but no where to acquire legally and so we now have a five plant rule- with i believe a thirty plant grow resulting in a larger fine-

belgo- now i must add for someone whom is really just interested- you seem fairly vehement about making a point- noticing you are not questioning why it isn't legal- but really how it is- well cat- not much can be said there except that in countries where it has not been made illegal- it is still legal- because no laws ban or disallow sale of cannabis seeds- so may i ask one more time what is your point- would you like for cannabis seeds to be illegal- becuase you seem pretty bent on convincing us so- yet it blatently is not true- confused sorry i mean this in all kindness- just don't really understand your point....

where ya from , holmes?

belgowiet

haha i dont want seeds to be illegal .
i started this tread just to know how things get done.not about the plants or seeds just the company how they start that and all the paper work they need to do
i have alot of respect for every breeder on this planet.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
It's crazy here in Ontario Canada...anyone can walk to the corner headshop and buy Cannabis seeds....though I guess it's illegal to grow them. Unless you are one of the few medically approved. I'm born american..So I have Med card in Michigan...and can't buy seeds anywhere there...WTF?

is this a provincial law? here in mb ive never seen seeds in a headshop...

Awesome~
well there's many ways to start- once one has the desired motivation to create a medicinal herb for all to share- and has the experience to do so- they can either start their own company or follow along with one of the others- most cannabis seeds are sold online i believe and so it would seem having a stone store is not really worth it for most breeders- except those whom consider it a civic duty to keep amsterdam nice and green-

oh right- i see what your saying- LOL i get it
well most of us whom are serious about breeding will do anything to do so- and yes eventually we have to move to a friendlier country- or we must move according to the laws- which is why it is best to act locally- so you dont have to move one day- cause you didnt act--- either way yes in order to larger plant numbers you must give up many things- and also a chance for guaranteed freedom - there are many ways to get the seeds to the people and there are many ppl behind the scenes we forget about- the web desighners- seed packers- wives/ husbands whom support there significant others in there dreams and goals and challanges- yes you have a point- it is true that breeders constantly give up their personal rights and liberties so that others can grow- some do it for an affordable price, too!

well hope that answers your questions- any specific answers i would more than love to answer in pm- lol- but really it is not easy- you must have quality stock to work with- and the experience- and then you have to be careful enough not to let something silly happen- as breeders seem to have higher karmatic consequences than most- well it seems- and ussually the better the breeder the worse they get screwed over by the bussiness or life- has been noticed- then you need to find a country where it is legal to grow and possibly even sell seeds or where it is not illegal- and well the rest you can decipher yourself , right....

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
They do so in the understanding that they are doing something that isn't legal. I really don't know it takes a lot out of a person. I wonder how the day in day out goes with that myself.

As someone who's grown both in a non-legal state and a legal state... I can tell you I MUCH prefer the legal one. Still a lot of security anxiety, considering where I live, but manageable.

It's quite a background task for your brain. That's for sure.

Stay Safe! :tree: :blowbubbles:

yes if you want to accept financial reimbursement - or even paid postage - methinks paperwork will come into affect
possibly starting a bank account would be good
and making sure you can accept credit cards and money orders will require someone to sign something somewhere- we call those cohones- and even the most mundane of us sometimes hide a pair deep within -lol- yes we are doing this so that others can freely acquire amazing genetics- maybe we should thank our breeders more often- now that methinks about it-

Thank you all!
You see today is easier than the days of the past in some ways~ i've seen breeders p[opping up everywhere- which is our new way of over-growing since every bean given to another to sprout- means all our plants are that much safer- giving the seed- spreading the seed- making us proud.

seed breeders- moral supporters- webmasters- grahpic artists- OP's and activists worldwide

there used to be a great member on here
check out www.californiacannabis.net it has lots of useful resources
proud of ya Freedom Fighters!

Latest posts

Latest posts