What's new

Toyota The Biggest Smear Campaign In History.?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ask all of you who read this to do so with an open mind. Recently we have all seen the problems facing Toyota. It seems they cannot figure out he problem with their cars either the Corolla's dying for no reason or the Camry's or a few of their other models some how turning into Christine and running ramped.

My contention with this post is to share with the group what I know to be FACT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_P._Sloan,_Jr.

Alfred P. Sloan, Jr. -- May 10, 1923 - May 3, 1937

Mr Sloan became president of GM in 1923. He was a sneaky bastard that believed in being 2 faced was best for business. He had spies do his dirty work while he kissed ass to the board and the press.

During Mr.Sloans Reign at GM,Firestone Tire Company,Shell Oil Company and General Motors all 3 banded together and went around the country buying up Trolley car company's and dismantling them and closing them down. In the end the truth did come out Mr.Sloan pled guilty as to being the ring leader and was fined 1 dollar and never served a minute in jail.

OK now that we understand what they are capable of consider this:

I predict here and now the problem with EVERY TOYOTA other than the ones with the floor mat issue's will eventually be linked back to a bad ECM either in hardware or software. For non gear heads the ECM is the Electronic Control Module,it is the brain of the car.

BY FEDERAL LAW a certain percentage of ECM'S MUST COME FROM THE US. Delphi is the maker and if you have followed them the last 12 months Gm took them in when the fed money came then they went out again on their own and then they were all but closed at least where I'm at they are and was one of the few bright spots in the GM portfolio. (it made money)

Now here is the sad part. Part for part American Being American the top 2 most American cars on the road today are:

Toyota Camry and Camry Solara

The Ford F-150 is the most American vehicle but the Toyota's are the most American cars.

My prediction is this: The ecm were programmed by Delphi in the USA with bad and or purposely botched software that would cause odd untraceable problems (software reset)and was done with intentions of protecting the Governments stake in GM itself.

The plant that did the ECM'S in question is now closed and has gone through 3 owners in the past 18 months. The finger pointing will be endless and uneventful.

I hope I'm wrong on this all. But when GM did what it did with Delphi 18 months ago I said good move they got cash(stocks)for their only profitable division at the time. Then Delphi comes back under the GM wing and I say hey now wtf.? Then they close the most profitable plant in this division and then I say BS something's not right here.

Now I know why and wanted to see if I might be crazy or just ahead of the curve.?

Mr.Wags

mandingo

Yes I think there's a smear campaign going on against Toyota

I came across this on another forum and I agree with her opinion on this subject:

Well I'll tell ya....

I'm a U.S. citizen. I'd like to see our automotive companies do well, therefor the employees and all those individuals who their spending supports, the list goes on.....Our economy having a very tough time due to folks buying overseas made products, and to a very very tiny degree foriegn governments really limiting our exports....

But......

Past foreign governments playing the trade game unfairly and ours stupidly playing by their terms, our industries more then any foriegn influence have caused this via a number of reasons....Lousy quality in some cases, VERY stupid sales practices, selling out the very people they want to buy the products by shifting their jobs overseas, on and on....

Yet in the end after all the board room screw-ups, it really boils down to the Japanese have plain and simply KICKED AZZ in the automotive industry. Their quality is exceptional, their products innovative, their sales practices ingenious, and their care of customers paramount.

It's like flooding Jamaica with virtually free cars knowing the point used to be not to sell cars, yet sell parts....To do that the car has to last.....and in time that being the only product available to that nations people, it soon enough becomes their vehicle of choice no other considered.

The Japanese did it right, took hits in the beginning as to profit looking to the long haul....and to be frank the average U.S., British, Italian, or German vehicle doesn't even compare in any regard (yeah you heard me right....That Mercedes in many regards is a throw away POS compared to the average Japanese product).

Okay so what regarding this issue?

I find it absolutly rediculous how the U.S. news and government has beat the hell out of Toyota over this...It's shameful....and when Toyota does ALL the right things (as you can't just panic at the first incident either)....and addresses it, then suddenly half-witted morons in our government simply wanting to make a name for themselves doubtfully having the skill to put gas in their own vehicle want to rail on the gracious and humble for the situation CEO of Toyota publically calling him a liar in that there "must be more to it".

It's a load of BS...When Jeep and other U.S. automakers went through this very same issue many more incidents happening the government kissed their butts and backed them against the citizens.

Why?....In that just as now, it's all about automotive companies slipping it to those in government in little brown envelopes.

It's a very simple mechanical issue (look it up) and more likely then not due to poor driving habits having to "idiot proof" every aspect of a vehicle (in that you need to jam the pedal to the floor hard almost standing on it....).

So just take it in and let them fix it....No issue then.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My Toyota truck has been 'rocking the jungle' now for over 3 years 60,000 kms.......and is as tough as old boots......absolutely no probs with it....

....it was made in Thailand....

Do you guys remember the Jack in the Box incidents? (For those of you who have Jack in the Box's in your area, you'll know the fast-food restaurant name)

Jack%20in%20the%20Box.jpg

Jack in the Box had a bad Ecoli outbreak a few years back. Put people in the hospital and if I'm not mistaken, actually killed a few people. Well, a few years forward and many lawsuits later, Jack in the Box changed their regiment, changed their cooking procedures, launched massive television commercials, and actually did quite well for themselves. They now are appearing in Super Bowl commercials.

Toyota might be on the same path if they shape up and DO IT QUICK! They now have mechanisms in the cars so that if the accelorator gets stuck, and you push down on the brake at the same time as the gas, the entire engine will shut off. It's pretty cool that their doing that, cool - but not cool with me. I don't want my car moving forward for any reason unless I'M THE ONE who's pushing the gas!

This could be a nightmare for Toyota. They'll end up lowering their cars costs by many thousands of dollars, making sales, and then slowly over time they'll raise the costs back up to todays prices. I'm sure the guys at Honda laugh their asses off when they make sales. Can you imagine a customer walking into Honda today? Customers back in the day would have said "I'm deciding whether I should get this or a Toyota?". Today the Honda Salesmans probably simply tell the customer "Do you want to die? I think you should get a Honda!". LOL!!

mandingo

If it could happen at jack then it could happen to anybody in the fast food ind.

I got a Honda - bike and car. But if the Honda rep pulls that shit on me to get a sale I'll not do business with him.

Toyota don't need to shape up. This is a witch hunt. These guys are number one in the market for a reason.

Fuck those sales dudes. Shit! honestly would you fucking buy a car based on anything they said?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

nm wags, wasted post I made.

actually Toyota has not cleared up their recall issues and we can't
afford american lives at the cost of sounding politically correct by
not wanting to hurt Toyota's feeling because they lied and hid the
truth in early recall investigations, fuck 'em!

The japanese tariff a Harley Davidson @ 100%; $15K here, 30K there.
Why? fuck the americans is why, they don't want to risk us getting a
share of their motorcycle market by letting us compete fairly over there,
instead we find that they can't even exist w/out copying the shit out of
Harley Davidsons with their cheesy cheap plastic big twin copycats.

turnabout is fair play, Toyota screwed the pooch & now they'll pay the price.......

Last edited:
C

Classyathome

Watching the US gov't grill Toyota execs - kept reminding myself that gov't OWNS a good part of 2/3 of Toyotas competitors...

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran

turnabout is fair play, Toyota screwed the pooch & now they'll pay the price.......

obviously being around for some 40 odd years. I knew about the tariffs foreign countries place on our (north america) exports. I had no idea until I started travelling to these countries. When you are used to seeing Fords and GM on every turn, and there, you would see names and models you have never seen before..

I have a good friend in England who is a bit of a motorhead, and I was shocked to hear how excited he was about getting a 1975 Trans AM. Something that is exploding out of wrecking yards here, was a valued and wanted commodity over there.

But I feel most of The issues here with the Big 3, is the crap they forced down our throats for the past 20 years. The Tempo? The Cavalier? The Intrepid? all garbage made, and ran like garbage. One day I will tell you about my Intrepid, and the 4 trannies.

Is there a big conspiracy? I doubt it, too many union mouths would have to keep a secret

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yes my good man you are correct BUT back in the 80's when Harley was originally hitting rock bottom the US government put a tariff on all 700cc and above imported motorcycles. Japans answer? They started shipping motorcycles that were 699cc in displacement. Yes the japs copy Harley so bad that they hardly put their name on it anymore. Just an insignia like Vulcan or Silver Star.

My point was in all of this was the fact Toyota got internally screwed by allowing themselves to purchase intentionally manipulated ecm's from the USA. It is the only way for this to be happening and not leave a trace and can even be activated by satellite. I don't remember any of Ford's people being dragged into court by congress when their explorers just happened to catch on fire as you drove down the road. The people did in lawsuits but not Congress like has been done to Toyota.

Most folks have no idea of whats about to happen in the near future. A line (out of desperation)has been drawn in the sand and we the people will pay the wrath for it.

The Woz is a wise man because he like myself get's his information from the source leaving out any added conjecture and see's all sides to get to a logical conclusion and yes from time to time The Woz Man has popped into IC to check out some links that were sent to him so everyone say hi to the coolest billionaire on the planet. HI WOZ:dance013:

This is simply the first battle and the war is gonna be bad this time because instead of bombs and bullets their using fear and misdirection.

And like always we the people will pay for it in the beginning,middle and the end. DEARLY

Mr.Wags

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dunno.. What's more likely.. That the company contracted to make the ECM sabotaged them at the behest of GM, or that Toyota fucked up the programming?

I'd wager Toyota messed up the programming.

Further, if this place only produced a certain portion of the ECM units, it would be super easy to determine that those were the ones fucking up.

Doesn't seem like that is the case at all. Reading over your post again, it doesn't even seem you know what, if any, percentage of the messed up units came from this supposedly corrupt company.

Sorry Mr. Wags, but I see some gaping holes with that theory.

Yes my good man you are correct BUT back in the 80's when Harley was originally hitting rock bottom the US government put a tariff on all 700cc and above imported motorcycles. Japans answer? They started shipping motorcycles that were 699cc in displacement.

Even before that, there were limits put on the number of imports that were allowed into the country. The Toyota 4Runner went from a $15,000 bucket of bolts to a $40,000 luxury vehicle. They could only ship so many vehicles, so they only shipped cash cows.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
im rocking a 2005 toyota v6 that shit runs like a top, only gotta put oil in her 5000 and she never gives me a single problem....

im thinking about flipping it for a GMC though, i gotta have that good ol american V8 and 4X4...

Yummybud

Veteran
if the car was accellerating couldn't you stop it by putting the auto tranny into neutral and then stepping on the brakes??

Yummybud

Veteran
toyotas may be good quality cars that last but they are boring.......... I don't really want a toyota.

T

theJointedOne

100 percentsmear

toyo's are the best.....rocked an 87 camry for years. In 2000 got a 91 4runner...bad ass truck

now im in a ford pos and i want a Tacoma bad!!

Latest posts

Latest posts