What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where do you get your coco from, and what kind?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey all

I am a new coco grower, coming from my ebb and flow goodness...and I am stuck with the local grow store brand. I want to try other brands, but the shipping is crazy for a bale of it. the cheapest I can find is like $40 shipped for the Botanicare stuff.

can you guys please tell me where you get your stuff, how much, and what kind do you get.

Thanks

ThePizzaMan

Wait...What?

Veteran
Yup I love the Canna in the 50L bag. I just rinse it with tap water, charge it up with some nutrient solution, and away I go.

but it is the only coco I've tried.

G

Guywithoutajeep

theres shops that use a flat shipping rate, try greners.com, they might have some goods

also growshop.com to find hydroponic shops in your area

Lowman

I use empire chips and coir from discount hydro...but yes...shipping of 4 bales was pricey. Don't have much choice when you live on a cow path.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
local hydro shop. canna coco 50ltr bag 40bucks

canna coco is exclusive to one chain of stores in my area, go on the canna website to find a dealer. also, the 50l bags i get are about 25$, so it depends.

Yup I love the Canna in the 50L bag. I just rinse it with tap water, charge it up with some nutrient solution, and away I go.

but it is the only coco I've tried.

same here, but its fucking great, the only brand with a spacific line of nutes for it. every other coco company either makes coco, not nutes... or makes nutes not coco.
bcuzz has a A and B hydro line that works in coco too.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wash that stuff Good! I tested some run off with just RO water and it was 750ppm. The Botonicare was 250ppm...so Burpee has alot more salts!

ive been just hearing lowes has this coco. if your in need, pet stores sell coco as reptile bedding, they r full of salts to keep pests away. so they definitely need a good wash.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Can't find Canna anywhere nearby, only B'Cuzz. Botonicare Bricks and Coco Tek bricks, and sunleaves are all local. Is B'Cuzz worth the price? If you have to pre-rinse, what is the advantage of buying it? I am new to Coco, and will be hand-watering. Not sure what brand to choose, but for now I have some in Botonicare Boss and some in that Burpee stuff from lowes. The run off was 750ppm with RO, I was told it was good to go out of the bag...dont think so. But you can rinse it to 0 ppm and then re-soak with mild nutes, thats what I did...after the fact.

pinkskunk

im in oz by the way hence the forty dollar price for canna coco 50ltr bag. also a great brand is srilanka coco its got neem oil in it aaswell and its as good as canna coco imo!

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Bcuzz all the way...canna is shit (well i think so),,but still use it if there is no Bcuzz in stock lol,,,,i saw my hydro store had GH coco aswell (might give that a bash next round)..

keep it green
highlander

G

Guywithoutajeep

I use bcuzz. I'm very successful with it and am planning staying with this brand for now. I think the grade of it is very nice.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive been haveing great success with the canna coco. but i found a place with bcuzz coco even closer to me.
how much is a bag? and are they 50l bags, like canna? i might give it a try.

jackiee

i use canna coco with nothing mixed in no perlite nothing,i dont rinse it, i use it straight out of the bag 50l bags £12

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oo i love canna coco, the nute lines great. its just an hour drive for me to get a bag. 25$ here.
ill do a side by side soon, try the bcuzz, because(haha) its closer.
i also just starting adding perlite. not alot (prob less then 30%). but ive seen a thread, and they got about a quarter more in the perlite cut coco.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
local hydro shop
Biobizz Coco-Mix
$22.95 50L Bag

the bag says..

EC 0.3
PH 6.7

Am I the only one using this coco?? lol

I wonder what the 0.3 EC consists of?

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
acouple people on the last page perferred bcuzz, so your not alone.

im sure your going to notice bcuzz coco being more available. its in the sunlight supply catalog, as opposed to canna, is really exclusive. only one chain of store has it around here.

i do like the canna nute line alot tho

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
acouple people on the last page perferred bcuzz, so your not alone.

im sure your going to notice bcuzz coco being more available. its in the sunlight supply catalog, as opposed to canna, is really exclusive. only one chain of store has it around here.

i do like the canna nute line alot tho

I think you misread ...
Im using Biobizz not B'cuzz. Although another shop near me only carries Bcuzz.

I wonder which one's better for my lovely plants..
Biobizz or Bcuzz