What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

I Care

420giveaway
I can see where there would be a need to have a little reminder that we do exist and we are fragile. We most certainly can all lose that connection through trauma or just plain abusing ourselves.

I did this one to play with the tendency I have to use the horizon as the usual orientation of perspective. Instead I used a fallen tree for the point or reference.
IMG_0066.jpeg

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Idk, pretty sure we are born with a spirit and there’s no need to go searching for something we were born with.
I understood that the most common psychedelics do kinda cause you to go into death evasion mode and it’s where the psychedelic experience comes from. Some guy that isolated a spore-less mushroom strain told me that.
The red dye in the persian rugs aka "flying carpets" is from the syrian rue seed, an incense used in coptic christian churches and in mosques..The seed has the highest concentration of beta carbolines in nature that I know of, and the highest alkaloid concentration of any plant that I know of. Back in the day I extracted beta carbolines out rue seed at over 7% by dry weight which is crazy...The beta carbolines activate DMT in the gut or bloodstream..If you inhale its smoke and meditate, you can see the genies in the lamp, jinns, angels and demons, or as Terence McKenna would call them, the self transforming machine elves. The acacia tree is holy in the old world religions, the arc of the covenant was made from it and gilted as well as any other wooden items in the holy of holies were acacia wood. Every acacia that I have extracted, had some DMT, some not much but all some, some huge amounts 2%+...The old holy men IMO were tripping..LOL...nevermind the manna in the desert valley that was flesh of God, and would come in the morning on the ground with the dew..and not actually used as a flour in the recipe but as an admixture to the flour to make "holy bread"...What comes up with the dew in the valleys in the morning when you are travelling with cattle in subtropical regions? I think we have just lost a bunch of knowledge of the sacraments in the more modern times. Im firmly in the stoned ape camp.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah magic mushrooms, and DMT literally are everywhere...they are so widespread in nature, you can't go 50meters most time without finding a DMT plant if you have a trained eye, unless in the desert and no thorn trees around, if thorn trees or an oasis and reeds in the desert, you're in luck..LOL...

My mate found a shroom back in the day in the wild where he stayed, that he though was a Pans Cyans and sent me a sporeprint, I grew it out and noticed quickly that this thing reacted to a completely different temperature range to normal Pans, liking the low 20s celcius and lower to trigger to fruit...I sent spores off at some point to get ID'd and they came back as unknown species. That inspired that mate, was in the 2000's and he's been looking since and found a whole swathe of new Paneolus and Psilocybe species completely unknown to science..Everyone is growing shrooms these days from natal from spores he sent out, its the new cube. There are 2 or 3 species that have now been described and named of psilocybe but not sure if fully published, and as well that old pans, and new species about 4 more, and a local strain of pans cyans "WEZA" including paneolus that live on forest mulch and leaf litter in coastal dunes literally humidified with the salty spray off the sea meters away. Yeah, and sequence confirmed today a new psilocybe species that they thought was a subs woodlover but isn't actually but closely related, and we have found psilocybe cyans that is not described in the country..Yeah if you want to trip and open your eyes and mind, the plants find you, they literally are everywhere...tryptamines in nature are WIDESPREAD. Thank God, it ends up in entertaining threads like this.. :)

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I was tripping once on some shrooms...I grew shrooms at one point so I'd have grown them, and I got this overwhelming message, that I must go find and open up a bible and read...and I was like ok...and ran with it and got one, and opened it up and there was this verse right there where I opened it, was Jesus saying something about it you want to enter heaven you must look hard enough and long enough and soon enough, one day you are going to lift a rock after lifting countless, and there it will be laying, the key to heaven..and I though well thats pretty radical..lets run with that..

and ...one day when i smoked some DMT from some plant I'd extracted and entered the space that looks like that Mosque, that verse made sense to me. Yeah us humans, we been some places, some holy spaces, long before all this madness today.

I Care

420giveaway
I imagine that eating a hallucinogen vs some actual food could be the difference between life and death at some point in history. Liek imagine being so thirsty and hungry and then trippin and sweaty and dirty and exhausted. Must have been really horrible to trip when we didn’t have running water, always shower and eat before a trip day.

CharlesU Farley

I believe there are several ways to have spiritual experience. And I certainly do not believe substances are the only or even the best way. But if someone needs a little nudge from nature or a first hand experience verses being told by someone else. I think it is a positive thing the earth has offered us.
I agree.

Various hallucinogens but in my experience especially LSD, are the key, to unlock the door, that keeps your mind eye closed, and prevents you from seeing things as they really exist/coexist.

Can similar enlightenment come from other methods, practices, or religion?

Absolutely.

EnjoyingLife

Yeah magic mushrooms, and DMT literally are everywhere...they are so widespread in nature, you can't go 50meters most time without finding a DMT plant if you have a trained eye, unless in the desert and no thorn trees around, if thorn trees or an oasis and reeds in the desert, you're in luck..LOL...

My mate found a shroom back in the day in the wild where he stayed, that he though was a Pans Cyans and sent me a sporeprint, I grew it out and noticed quickly that this thing reacted to a completely different temperature range to normal Pans, liking the low 20s celcius and lower to trigger to fruit...I sent spores off at some point to get ID'd and they came back as unknown species. That inspired that mate, was in the 2000's and he's been looking since and found a whole swathe of new Paneolus and Psilocybe species completely unknown to science..Everyone is growing shrooms these days from natal from spores he sent out, its the new cube. There are 2 or 3 species that have now been described and named of psilocybe but not sure if fully published, and as well that old pans, and new species about 4 more, and a local strain of pans cyans "WEZA" including paneolus that live on forest mulch and leaf litter in coastal dunes literally humidified with the salty spray off the sea meters away. Yeah, and sequence confirmed today a new psilocybe species that they thought was a subs woodlover but isn't actually but closely related, and we have found psilocybe cyans that is not described in the country..Yeah if you want to trip and open your eyes and mind, the plants find you, they literally are everywhere...tryptamines in nature are WIDESPREAD. Thank God, it ends up in entertaining threads like this.. :)
It's been awhile since I've looked into this stuff but sand dunes reminded me of P. azurescens.
That was a rather intense night on the beach...
I'd venture to say life changing. They were wet and I didn't have a scale so I can't say how much the group ate but I can say that I ate three handfuls (put your hands together and fill them three times, not tightly just kind of dropped in).
But we all just laid on the beach for a few hours after they set in, probs around 10pm pretty sure sleep came at some point because it was sunrise when we gathered as a group and went about life.

EnjoyingLife

I imagine that eating a hallucinogen vs some actual food could be the difference between life and death at some point in history. Liek imagine being so thirsty and hungry and then trippin and sweaty and dirty and exhausted. Must have been really horrible to trip when we didn’t have running water, always shower and eat before a trip day.
Id venture to say without the experience of running water we wouldn't know the... convenience, creature comfort? that it is so we'd be okay.
I'm not disagreeing that eating and showering definitely makes the journey easier, I'm just saying before it was more or less easily accessible one may not have had anything to compare it too.

CharlesU Farley

That was a rather intense night on the beach...
This was a rather enlightening experience in the mountains:

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

This weather's a weather enlightening experience in the mountains:

I'll take a look later.
I have to go be an adult 🙁

Latest posts

Latest posts