What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rain,rain,rain,rain......

I was planning on putting out my seedlings last week but its been nothing but rain. I was wondering if I put them out in june will they finish? Im growing some ice and some bagseed. My first frost is usually aound mid October.

dbfr3sh

theyll finish. they probably wont start budding until late aug. theyll just be smaller (most likely) kept indoors vs outdoors.

Charg5152

As of right now the days are still getting longer so you are only losing time off of your plants vegetative cycle. Your flowering time will not be affected unless you dont put your plants out until the end of july or august (depending on location on earth).

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would aim to put plants out by the end of June by the latest, you should go ahead and start your seeds.

If you wait any longer your harvest is going to be smaller and basically a waste of a season / time.

I would aim to put plants out by the end of June by the latest, you should go ahead and start your seeds.

If you wait any longer your harvest is going to be smaller and basically a waste of a season / time.

so will my plants just basically go straight into flowering?
And about how much will my yield be affected?

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About one or two months after summer solstice they'll begin to flower. I believe by the end of July last year I had flowers forming. It all depends on your latitude I believe.

Longer veg time = bigger harvest.

Thats why a lot of people start their plants indoors or in a greenhouse / cold frame and move them out when weather permits.

i've been getting nothing but rain for the past few weeks also...luckily, i had planted before all that started...but it definitely had halted any additional "projects"...but don't worry about it, after the seeds are out, they'll grow nice and flower in time...no worries my friend.. be safe

Last edited:
T

TheOneWill

It keeps looking like its gonna rain here but only got a sprinkle like 2 days ago and that was it.

neongreen

Veteran
Feel free to send some of that rain over here. We need it!

It's been dry for a good few weeks :no:

T

TheOneWill

Its raining like crazy today.Hope my babies will be alright. :hs: will go see them tomorrow.

V

vod

Why don't you guys plant in rain? As long as it doesn't wash them from the ground it should help them get used to the new home. You don't have to haul water and don't run the risk of the sun drying them crisp before they reach deep enough with the roots. I always try to plant before rain.

so if i start them from seed in june they will finish but only be smaller?

yes.

T

TheOneWill

The plan is I'm gonna go there tomorrow and see how high the water is. Then I will move them, if its to deep. I got them in pots. But will put them in ground when bigger.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
you should be thankful its rain. weve got a heavy snowfall warning here. 10 - 20cms its the middle of may already!

LazLo

Had more than our share of rain lately. Raining now. Only been able to visit sites a few times so far. Will need to wait till next week to finish hole prep. 9 down, only 16 to go! And 2 weeks left.

After last year's wretched spring, I decided to wait until June to transplant. That pushed back the germing date by 2 weeks. Don't like them over 12" when transplanted.

The only good thing about the rain, all the other vegetation is growing tall and thick. Natural camo. By the time my plants go out, everthing else will be taller.

Never lose your temper, nerve or keys.

G

I start planting in the 3rd week of april and plant up until mid august. Those planted after mid july start to flower fairly soon after planting, but even those yeild 3-4 oz's. Ive picked my best sensi star female out in the field and am cloning off of her now. In a couple of weeks, ill be planting her clones up until aug and then keep one of her cuttings for my winter grow.

I m 32 down, 8 to go, but its raining again now. It will probably stop in june and not rain another drop until october and then we'll have to work ourselves to death trying to keep them watered.
I hope not, I have some heavy yeilders planted and they require lots of water.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
We've had the 2nd rainiest year to date, and only now does it look like there's a 10-11 day break in the cycle. My seeds must sprout, and become strong by June 15th or I'll have no outdoor plants this year. I was really hoping for a monster harvest, but with the rain I'll be lucky to get more than an ounce.

End of June would be latest with a 60 day strain.
Good Luck!

I had an idea. Where I live there arnt many woods so I wanted to put a lot of seeds near highways, running trails, bike trails, etc. So I want my plants to be about 3 feet tall. Should I plant around early june or late june. Or would it not work, and i shouldnt even waste my time?

Latest posts

Latest posts