What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

200W CFL and seedlings distance

lightmove

Hi everybody!
I use 200W CFL lamp for young seedling. The plants on the picture are 9 days old. One plant had burned leaf. On some plants appear yellow spots. Distance from top of the plants to the lamp is about 3 inches. Do you think that lamp is too close? I have already raised it to 6 inches. What is the optimal distance between CFL and seedlings?

DonChron

daddy fingaz said:
cfls can be hotter than u think, proply a bit intense for seedlings mate!!

true that daddy fingaz
theyll heat up to about 250 degrees real quick...this is why T-series bulbs are the shit

edit- mels your plants must be dead man! :rasta:

Last edited:

mels

140290d1225440851-3rd-go-dwc-775-watt-cfl-feminized-skunk-11-dsc00376.jpg

Real dead :joint:

Edit: That was my bad on the 5 cm, I try to keep it at around ten, stoned and wrong guess.

Last edited:
mels, you're plants are also large and mature

a 200w CFL 10 cm to a seedling is too much.

I'd say 6 inches for seedlings

mels

In that pic yes they are, but how do you think they were started?? I do have a good temp room though with plenty of air exchange, to be honest it has been a while since I started any seeds so my memory and or guesstimations may be off, all I know is I get them close, 15cm or 6 inches sure could of been but it seemed closer.

No negativity all good vibes peace out potheads.

C

cork144

mels said:
In that pic yes they are, but how do you think they were started?? I do have a good temp room though with plenty of air exchange, to be honest it has been a while since I started any seeds so my memory and or guesstimations may be off, all I know is I get them close, 15cm or 6 inches sure could of been but it seemed closer.

No negativity all good vibes peace out potheads.

ive had bulbs 2 inches from plants but they were in flower, i think you told me 5 inches was good and thats what i set em too.

maybe you ment 5 inches and not 5cm

lightmove

Thanks for your answers!
The plants look quite healthy. But, based on your answers, i lifted the lamp to distance of 30cm (11.8 inches). In that position I almost feel no heat on my hand when I put it below the lamp. Probably the light will be enough.