You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Crohn's and IBD

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
Crohn's and IBD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2017, 05:19 PM #1
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really nice
Crohn's and IBD

I have had strains in the past that I felt almost immediate relief with but could never get consistently and weren't named. Now that I am growing my own I am looking for recommendations from anyone with direct experience. I deal with cramping, gas,pain,and am constantly going to the bathroom. I have plenty of prescription meds but don't like taking them for obvious reasons. Any and all help is appreciated
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 PM #2
Green Squall

Green Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond repute
I really don't think there is a one strain cure all. I don't have crohns, by my stomach gets all of of whack sometimes and any indica helps with pain and discomfort. I've wanted to try high CBD strains, but haven't gotten around to growing any yet.

I hope when the recreational stores open up, there will be a good selection of high CBD strains to test out (I live in MA too)

Do you take probiotics? They changed my life. I drink 8 oz of kombucha daily and eat fermented foods with lunch and dinner.
Green Squall is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:42 PM #3
Chunkypigs
Street Legal

Chunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_NoMan View Post
I have had strains in the past that I felt almost immediate relief with but could never get consistently and weren't named. Now that I am growing my own I am looking for recommendations from anyone with direct experience. I deal with cramping, gas,pain,and am constantly going to the bathroom. I have plenty of prescription meds but don't like taking them for obvious reasons. Any and all help is appreciated
I have UC and Crohn's and spent years in Cali dispensaries figuring out what worked best for me.

OG Kush, cookies, Sour Diesel, and Chem strains give me the best relief.
GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 PM #4
Water-

Water- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the rough
check out the company CSI Humboldt.

they have good Bubba Kush and Purps and OG crosses.
Water- is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 PM #5
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really niceOG_NoMan is just really nice
Greensqual: I need to take probiotics really don't know why I haven't,will go get some today. Will look into the fermented foods as I have never heard of that.

Chunkypigs: yeah I am a big fan of the og kush and definitely love some sour d. Who do you think has the best/strong genetics seeds. I am planning on running some pot of gold by flying Dutchman because I really liked it when I got some one time. Been trying to get it ever since, it was very strong and worked well. Will be starting back up indoor at the end of summer and just trying to get a decent stable of seeds to go through this winter.
Thanks for the replies

Old 06-19-2017, 10:00 PM #6
Chunkypigs
Street Legal

Chunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_NoMan View Post
Greensqual: I need to take probiotics really don't know why I haven't,will go get some today. Will look into the fermented foods as I have never heard of that.

Chunkypigs: yeah I am a big fan of the og kush and definitely love some sour d. Who do you think has the best/strong genetics seeds. I am planning on running some pot of gold by flying Dutchman because I really liked it when I got some one time. Been trying to get it ever since, it was very strong and worked well. Will be starting back up indoor at the end of summer and just trying to get a decent stable of seeds to go through this winter.
Thanks for the replies
i tried for years growing those genetics from different seeds but found that the clone only versions were the ones that helped most.

that's why I've been trying to get them spread around so other sick people outside the Cali market can also get help.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 10:07 PM #7
Green Squall

Green Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond repute
IMO I think you get more probiotics from fermented foods and drink compared with supplements. At least it works better for me. If you decide to go with supplements, ask the pharmacist which brand is best.

For foods I eat mostly kimchi and sauerkraut. Real sauerkraut, not the canned stuff.
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 PM #8
Gry
Hash Tea

Gry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud of
Nausea and seizure activity resulting from a surgery.
I have found that a decarbed extract of frozen quick wash taken evenly around the clock cuts way down on the frequency and severity. For years I went with a skywalker/bubba cross. Lost it, and am trying suitable replacement clones.
I stay away from sugar. Same with soda and coffee. I drink very dilute green tea that I sweeten with peach juice.
I stick with a vegan diet and do several small meals a day. I stay away from all processed foods.
I have had good results with a real spicy diet.
Breakfast for me is a mixture of a poblano, a pasilla, an anaheim and a bell pepper diced and boiled to a mash. I add a couple of table spoons of chia seeds to thicken it. I crush an avocado, which I mix 50/50 with the chilli/chia seed and that is breakfast. It works out best when I eat small amounts evenly spaced.
In the evening I make a curry using a paki curry paste and I use 3 times what is suggested.
I use the same chillies I use in the morning, and 1/2 pound of mushrooms, and two potatoes, one regular and one sweet.
Small amounts evenly spaced ...
Once nausea starts, a tub of overly hot water and smoked frozen quick wash from very strong cannabis helps, so does meditation. For the hot water to be effective, it needs so hot it hurts like hell.
Have scars from it and I keep sheets of the 3M stick on adhesive that is used for people with burns.
An endless string of stuff from big pharma, has done no good.
What did help somewhat, was acupuncture, and acupressure.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:23 AM #9
OG_NoMan

Yeah I was under the impression that the only OG worth getting is in clone form. sucky part is Mass has almost no market for good clones. Someday but in the meantime I am stuck popping seeds to find something good.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:34 AM #10
OG_NoMan

All you peeps with the diet recommendations: thanks! I agree that what you eat can play a huge factor. While I try to avoid processed foods and eat all natural low fat beef and chicken breast for meats as well as most veggies. I am a picky bastard though which makes it tough because a lot of the things that are good for me I don't necessarily like.

Do any of you that have stomach problems have any issues with edibles? I have tried many different kinds/brands as well as many strengths (started with 10 mg lozenges all the way up to 500 mg chews) and nothing. No effect at all. Just wondering about others experience.