Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Modular stacked Shipping containers and AC...?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Ceramic Solutions!
Modular stacked Shipping containers and AC...? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 AM #1
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
Modular stacked Shipping containers and AC...?

Yooooo

Obviously I've built a lot of grows in my time, but was contracted to build 4 separate gro-tainers that are placed nut to butt and then stacked. The contractee wants these units to not be any taller, but wants me to stuff a bunch of HID's in em and not raise the height on em at all. how???
toohighmf is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2017, 12:48 PM #2
MJINC

MJINC will become famous soon enoughMJINC will become famous soon enough
Use 40 ft HC containers or does he want you to use standard? I've seen converted standard containers with Gavita's so they do work. They just didn't use anything to raise the plants so they were grown at floor level
MJINC is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 AM #3
queequeg152

queequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the rough
minisplits or ptacs.

ac in these things isnt that hard. insulating them is whats most expensive and troublesome.

alot of the big construction firms around here use them to store equipment and for job site office space.
queequeg152 is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 PM #4
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
The problem isn't insulating or the Air conditioner itself. How do I plumb these once they're vertically stacked for AC if I only have the 6" at the top and bottom under the mounting brackets at the corners top and bottom? How to run closed loop on the return to keep my air treated? Short wide square duct? Where do I put the air handler of a split system?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 PM #5
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighmf View Post
The problem isn't insulating or the Air conditioner itself. How do I plumb these once they're vertically stacked for AC if I only have the 6" at the top and bottom under the mounting brackets at the corners top and bottom? How to run closed loop on the return to keep my air treated? Short wide square duct? Where do I put the air handler of a split system?
Skip the c cans and build wood boxes so much easier and lighter... shipping container will cost alot to insulate and certainly easier to work witb
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 10:43 PM #6
toohighmf

That's not an option. My contractee has 40+ containers he wants to use. He's dead set on it. I'm just trying to get him as close to what he wants. They can't be wood if they need to be picked up with a crane and stacked.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:33 PM #7
ganjourno

ganjourno has a spectacular aura aboutganjourno has a spectacular aura aboutganjourno has a spectacular aura aboutganjourno has a spectacular aura aboutganjourno has a spectacular aura about
Put a wall unit in the end and duct the cold outlet along the inside top edges of each container: https://www.acwholesalers.com/Bard-A...t-Package-Unit
ganjourno is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 11:46 PM #8
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
eight foot block basement w poured floor..

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 AM #9
toohighmf

A wall unit will/would work great for a clone/mom room, but they don't get bigger than 2 tons. To cool 4+ DE 1k's, these little sealed insulated sweatboxes are gonna need at least 2.5 tons and that's pushing it.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 AM #10
MJINC

MJINC will become famous soon enoughMJINC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighmf View Post
I've always seen them built onto the closed length end of the container.
MJINC is offline Quote