Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Problems with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, PBP

Thread Title Search
Click for RX Green Solutions
Problems with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, PBP Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 06:01 AM #1
smokeee

smokeee is on a distinguished road
Problems with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, PBP

I was curious if anyone using Botanicare PBP series of nutrients has encountered any problems. Like possible nut deficiencies. I'm thinking a lack of sulfur is causing some minor health issues in my veg room.

I saw a thread on here from 4 years ago on the topic, but haven't seen anything recent.

Someone suggested 'Sweet' had sulphur listed in it, and that it was a ploy by Botanicare to get us to buy sweet, since it wasn't listed on their other products.
I tried some Sweet from an old bottle I had in the garage, and it did seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with this?

Using:
Pure Blend Pro Grow
Liquid Karma
Hydroplex
Calmag
Hydroguard
And now Sweet
smokeee is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2015, 09:50 AM #2
Granger2

Granger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to allGranger2 is a name known to all
Sweet contains Epsom Salt, Magnesium sulfate. Good luck. -granger

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:08 PM #3
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
I have used it on and off for a long time ..no issues its actually one of my fav ferts...yeehaw..I do add a bit of Epsom salts ..I skip all the rest of the products they try to sucker you into using ..I use earth juice extras
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 AM #4
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of light
I've been using them for years and have cut down to the basics.

PBP Grow, PBP Bloom for soil and Cal-mag. I would alternate ferts and water depending on how things are going. The 1-4-5 PBP Bloom for soil is great.

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2015, 05:02 PM #5
smokeee

smokeee is on a distinguished road
I'm seeing sulfer in the hydroplex. So, my other guess was magnesium deficiency. Since using Sweet helped, and as granger pointed out, Sweet has magnesium, I'm thinking that was the problem.

I have only used PBP line of nuts. Calmag is a must (using coir), and the plants love the humic in hydroplex. Liquid karma gives a good boost to plants as well.
I have never used the hydroguard before, we'll see if there seems to be a benefit.
Guess I should get some Epsom salts, since I've never used them before. How much per gallon should I use?
smokeee is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2015, 08:32 AM #6
eighty9concentr

eighty9concentr will become famous soon enough
I love pbp. Been using it for years. I get really nicely green plants, fast growth in veg and great yields. For veg i use pro grow, karma, and prue blend tea every feeding and i alternate cal-mag/silica blast. I use vitamino every other feeding and i also use orca. In flower i switch the pro grow for bloom soil, add hydroplex and earth juice molasses, and drop the orca. I feed once every 7-8 days. Haven't had any deficiency problems. I have never use hydrogaurd before either, i might try it in a quarter of one of my rooms and see if it adds a noticeable difference
eighty9concentr is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 11:06 PM #7
LarWanenCali

LarWanenCali is on a distinguished road
Better late than never

[quote=smokeee;6857121]I was curious if anyone using Botanicare PBP series of nutrients has encountered any problems. Like possible nut deficiencies. I'm thinking a lack of sulfur is causing some minor health issues in my veg room.

I saw a thread on here from 4 years ago on the topic, but haven't seen anything recent.

Someone suggested 'Sweet' had sulphur listed in it, and that it was a ploy by Botanicare to get us to buy sweet, since it wasn't listed on their other products.
I tried some Sweet from an old bottle I had in the garage, and it did seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with this?

Using:
Pure Blend Pro Grow
Liquid Karma
Hydroplex
Calmag
Hydroguard
And now Sweet[/QUOTE

The way to go if ur growing indoors basic 90 day grow you would use the calmagplus for all of the veg and the first half of flower or 60 days roughly then switch to sweet flora necter or magnum their all magsulfor for ripening, it makes a big difference when you use them the way they were intended. Botanicare has a place that suggests the calmagplus and the sweet with the PBP system
LarWanenCali is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 PM #8
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
Well I have used Botanicare for a long long time. I am not impressed as of late. The color and smell has changed and I am not seeing the results I have been come accustomed to.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2016, 03:42 AM #9
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Well I have used Botanicare for a long long time. I am not impressed as of late. The color and smell has changed and I am not seeing the results I have been come accustomed to.
I haven't bought any for a while. Still have some left, but I've been reading on here occasionally of ppl complaining about the same thing. I hope it's not true. They did recently get bought by Monosato...or whatever their name is. God I hope they don't mess with the formula.
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 11-01-2016, 05:08 AM #10
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with Lester on this. I've also used PBP for years and have noticed differences recently. The PBP and Liquid Karma are not as thick as they used to be. Their unique smells are lacking too. The leaf tips of plants are getting burned faster even when using smaller amounts than dosage listed on the container.

I'm not sure if this is cost cutting or related to the recent buyout. Still makes you wonder though.

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote