in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts!
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2017, 04:52 PM #4911
rives
Inveterate Tinkerer

rives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by overgrowit View Post
Thanks. Im going to try that next. I was trying to stay away from using the 8mm tubing, but looks like I will anyways.

How many plants can you feed using the 8mm tubing on a pressurized system? I'm used to other irrigation setups where you want larger lines to get the flow even and often need to have multiple zones.
On a pressurized system, you could probably run dozens.

While it is tempting to compare Blumats to other forms of irrigation, there isn't anything else that is really comparable. Since the spike senses the moisture level and seek to maintain it, the volume being passed by an individual spike at any given time is very, very low. Timed systems dry out more between watering cycles and are difficult to balance, thus the need for the things that you mention.
rives is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 PM #4912
blumat_pawley

blumat_pawley is on a distinguished road
You can actually run up to 50 Blumats and distribution drippers on a pressure system with a single pump. Implementing a pressure reducer that attaches to your garden hose or home spigot can also support up to 50 Blumats in a system.
blumat_pawley is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 PM #4913
blumat_pawley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rives View Post
On a pressurized system, you could probably run dozens.

While it is tempting to compare Blumats to other forms of irrigation, there isn't anything else that is really comparable. Since the spike senses the moisture level and seek to maintain it, the volume being passed by an individual spike at any given time is very, very low. Timed systems dry out more between watering cycles and are difficult to balance, thus the need for the things that you mention.
Additionally, I recommend using 8mm tubing as a main line with 3mm tubing branching off and connecting to your Blumats.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:10 PM #4914
Bwanabud

Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumat_pawley View Post
You can actually run up to 50 Blumats and distribution drippers on a pressure system with a single pump. Implementing a pressure reducer that attaches to your garden hose or home spigot can also support up to 50 Blumats in a system.
Bunch of guys on here said 200 plants EASY on 1 system, I called BS because the stock accumulator is far too small...it cycled constantly running 40 plants in 1 room....I increased my accumultor size massively and have zero problems running 100 now...except the 3mm tubing plugs up all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 10:51 PM #4915
blumat_pawley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
Bunch of guys on here said 200 plants EASY on 1 system, I called BS because the stock accumulator is far too small...it cycled constantly running 40 plants in 1 room....I increased my accumultor size massively and have zero problems running 100 now...except the 3mm tubing plugs up all the time
That's awesome to hear you've managed to maintain an ideal psi with that many plants, equally innovative as it is impressive. *thumbs up*

Old 06-20-2017, 12:13 AM #4916
Bwanabud

Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumat_pawley View Post
That's awesome to hear you've managed to maintain an ideal psi with that many plants, equally innovative as it is impressive. *thumbs up*
I'm running a 55/25 PSI pump with the Blumat pressure reducer, and a 6 gallon accumulator...working off a 60 gal rez.

I dealt with Steve at Blumat, we worked my system up...he's a stellar guy, please give my regards

Quote:

Old 06-20-2017, 01:08 AM #4917
blumat_pawley

Will do! He really is.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:31 AM #4918
overgrowit

overgrowit will become famous soon enoughovergrowit will become famous soon enough
Bwanabud, do you use the 8mm tubing for a main line? Also, do you do a closed loop around the room or do you have the tubing branch off to different sections with tee fittings?
overgrowit is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 09:39 PM #4919
Bwanabud

Quote:
Originally Posted by overgrowit View Post
Bwanabud, do you use the 8mm tubing for a main line? Also, do you do a closed loop around the room or do you have the tubing branch off to different sections with tee fittings?
Yes I run the high grade white 8mm line around the perimeter of the room(open loop/ "U" shaped), then install the 8mm tees at each table/light, run 8mm orange tubing down onto the table,,,and branch off to each plant with the 3mm line. I install 8mm valves at each main tee, so I can shut the table down independently...or flip to the 1/4" tubing side and rinse the plants at that table with the spray stakes.

I leave the end of the main run open(not closed loop), because I have a valve at the end to flush line...or bleed air out of the system on start up, or rez wash out.

I'm running 4 full pressurized systems now, each doing 50-70 plants a piece...each utilizing their own rez and needed nutes for the age group. I run gauges on both the hi/low pressure sides to see the working pressure of the pump & outlet(after regulator)to the Blumat system. I also use an in-line check valve to stop back flow of water to pump, and as I said a much larger accumulator to minimize pump cycling.

Quote:

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 PM #4920
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Bwanabud, are you running straight water or nute solution? How often do you see a runaway? Also, are you doing coco?
Vanilla Phoenix is online now Quote